It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Angry crowd forms after Dallas police shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by EvilBat
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

yea beat me , I guess what we heard is correct
I hope nothing happens because there are quite a few
Confederate hammerhead skins there as well

I live in the DFW area and the one thing I do know is that the area they're talking about is a dangerous place to be. I will have to search on this one to figure out what really happened. Was he, in fact, shot while running away or was he armed and shot at police first (like officials say)?

What is a Confederate hammerhead skin?
edit on 24-7-2012 by texasgirl because: Forgot to write a question

Ive just seen two news reports, the first one they said that police were saying they were shot at. But the second one the reporter on the scene states that they have admitted that there is NO EVIDENCE that the police were fired on at all.

It looks like they've just broadcast the suggestion that officers lied, to cover their ass, and now the department has had to admit that it doesn't look like they were shot at.

This really could get dangerous if the people on the ground there realize - or have the impression - that the police shot the guy and then lied about him firing on them first...

Watch this space I guess.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have worked in this area and there is a lot of drugs and a lot of guns. Once 3 gangsters shot up a house 50 feet from where i was standing.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Does he still live in the area? More, does he still have contacts? The reason I ask is perhaps you can give him a call to see how the situation is evolving. From the scanner traffic it still seems to be a pretty tense situation.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Oh, geez...Okay. I will be keeping my eye on this. Thanks for the info!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Juggernog

Does he still live in the area? More, does he still have contacts? The reason I ask is perhaps you can give him a call to see how the situation is evolving. From the scanner traffic it still seems to be a pretty tense situation.

No, unfortunately he died in 09. I dont have any family living there anymore, I myself, havent lived there since 99.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

From C.H.S. website

The Hammerskin Nation is a leaderless group of men and women who have adopted the White Power Skinhead lifestyle. We are blue collar workers, white collar professionals, college students, entrepreneurs, fathers and mothers.

I know a few people that moved to Dallas to be part of that chapter
edit on 7/24/2012 by EvilBat because: fix tag

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
How come people don't protest when a non-police officer shoots and kills someone?

For instance, the Colorado shooting, nobody protested asking criminals to stop shooting people.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Really this is the fault of the cops and the media

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This link apparently has a live feed from a helicopter over the scene.

www.nbcdfw.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

www.wfaa.com...

Video Local News

"My son didn't have no gun, whatever the police said," Mrs. Harper said.

Hard to argue against that.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
This link apparently has a live feed from a helicopter over the scene.

www.nbcdfw.com...

thanks
wish I could hear what the person is saying

the one holding what appears to be a cross

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat

From C.H.S. website

The Hammerskin Nation is a leaderless group of men and women who have adopted the White Power Skinhead lifestyle. We are blue collar workers, white collar professionals, college students, entrepreneurs, fathers and mothers.

I know a few people that moved to Dallas to be part of that chapter
edit on 7/24/2012 by EvilBat because: fix tag

Thats stupid, all they will do is inflame the situation.
Just wait, youll soon here from one of the black County Commissioners named John Wiley Price.He is very controversial, at one time he called for blacks to take up arms if the City didnt hire a black Police Chief.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
rumour has it the black panthers are on the way.

The live feed is down, any more links?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The only time there was a police shooting in Dallas that resulted in an uprising and rioting was in 1973 when police officer Darrel Cain killed 13 year old Santos Rodriquez.... The kid and his older brother were being questioned in the back seat of a police car.... The crowd was huge, broke some windows and and set one or more police motorcycles on fire in front of the police headquarters in down town Dallas..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Can we see some citizens arrest some cops for once?

The citizenry does not arrest police, if the unrest gets so bad to where the populace steps in it won't be done by the blacks law book.
The police need to chain their dogs and remember why they are out there.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Okay, here's what I know so far: There was a conference and the Dallas chief stated that there was a 911 call reporting a kidnapping at the house. Officers arrived at the house, surrounded it and knocked on the door. After hearing some commotion suspects fled the house out the back door and 3 officers chased 4 suspects. One of them chased over 3 fences and then engaged in a fight with the suspect. The officer was growing tired and the suspect started beating him up, saying he "would have to kill me". The officer feared for his life and drew his gun, shooting him.

Now the bad part: They haven't found any evidence that the suspects shot back at the officers. There was also no gun on the dead suspect, although several officers claimed there was a gun on the table and one of the suspects grabbed it, although they couldn't say who.

The story is still unfolding but right now things have calmed down some and the officers are not using force.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Is there any news on a gun being found at all?
No gun no shooting you know?
A found gun certainly would help the police story, of course they will need to find some holes and spent rounds as well.
(Edit)
I see Texasgirl cleared that up, thx!

edit on 24-7-2012 by g146541 because: txgrl

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
San Francisco had something similar happen just 2-days ago

Link: www.sfgate.com...

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Demonstrators stormed a police department in Orange County, Calif., on Sunday to protest an officer-involved shooting that left an unarmed man dead and led to a violent clash between witnesses and police.

A crowd swarmed the Anaheim Police headquarters' lobby as Chief John Welter held a news conference to discuss what happened the night before. The protesters chanted "no justice, no peace" and "cops, pigs, murderers" as officers stood by and watched.

Welter said two officers were placed on paid leave after one of them fatally shot 24-year-old Manuel Diaz.

He said the officers approached three men in an alleyway when they ran away. One of the officers chased Diaz to the front of an apartment complex where the shooting occurred.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The Chief of Police also says that the guy had a rap sheet: assaulting public servants, car theft, possession of controlled substances, evading arrest...Um, I forget what else. It was pretty lengthy.

There was also crack coc aine found and a big stash of cash (how much, I don't know)

As far as the kidnapping nothing has been confirmed on that story.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Any body want to bet they will "find" a gun somewhere near the scene? I will be very, very surprised if the officer faces discipline. Paid suspension is not punishment , it's vacation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join