It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Special Forces Operating in Syria?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Many will agree that there are many similarities between the on-going conflict taking place in Syria and in Libya however there are some very apparent differences alongside the similarities.

What is evident is that as Syria descends further into civil war there will be a need for western states to ensure they safety of their nationals by extracting them form the troubled state. With that in mind it is entirely possible that western Special Forces are now operating inside Syria, and that is the purpose of this thread to assess current operations possibly on-going in Syria by UK Special Forces (UKSF)

The Foreign Sectary William Hague has already confirmed that Brittan would not rule out the use of military intervention in Syria. As such it has been reported by the Daily Mail that Brittan currently has 600 troops on standby to be deployed to evacuate British nationals should it become necessary. The Mail has also reported that currently ex-SAS members have been involved in training members of the Free Syrian Army on behalf of a Middle Eastern security company not named in the article. The article adds that active members of the SAS are currently in Cyprus with British diplomats who are planning for the evacuation of British nationals. 600 Troops on Stand by

I would speculate (I am not saying I am correct) that it is possible that these “ex-SAS” men may be active members of the secretive “increment” of the Secret Intelligence Service currently training members of the Free Syrian Army. It is also very clear that Brittan are making prepeartions for evacuating British nationals form Syria so it could indeed be possible that another role of these men is to prepare the way for the evacuation.

This hypothesis could be supported by a unconfirmed report in the Isreali media that British Special Forces along with other special operation forces from other states recently entered into Syria via Turkey. It is claimed that the purpose of this operation was to secure a British presence in Syria and it also claims that British Special Forces assisted the Free Syrian Army in the Battle of Homes. The reliability of these reports is difficult to verify however there is one report I found that may substantiate some of these claims.www.presstv.ir...

According to a report in the daily star (not the most reliable source) claimed that a SAS and SIS incursion was made into Syria to provide protection to Syrian refugees by establishing save havens and also to provide logistical support to the rebels and gather intelligence. The article also talks about a “communications unit” this could be SRR or the 18th signal regiment. SAS in Syria

My personal belief is that currently in Syria there are British Special forces personnel conducting operations against the regime of Syria and conducting reconnaissance for an evacuation of British nationals. What is worrying is that there have also been reports of Russian troops operating in Syria on behalf of the Syrian government. If all this speculation is true then things could get very messy.

thanks for reading!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You are correct about the Russians having boots on the ground over there, that was admitted. They are "anti-terrorist units".

In my mind there is definately US,French and UK special forces over there stirring things up.

Probably just a matter of time before some UK and US specials get caught.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Interesting you talk about British or American special forces getting caught, during the Iraq war (cant exactly remember when of the top of my head) there were a couple of members of 22SAS who got captured inside Syria. They were operating around the boarder apparently on a mission to prevent Saddam moving Scuds into Iraq.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
*Hint*

There are chemical weapons that could fall into the wrong hands.. These could be used against Israel and European/American interests... The muslim brotherhood would love to have these weapons..

Hunting them and securing them is the REAL priority... Arming and helping the rebels is a way in...

What do you think???

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I would agree with that, securing the chemical weapons must be of the up most importance to any western forces inside Syria.

What is also possible is that they think by backing the one rebel group over another they could prevent the chemical weapons falling into the hands of a unfriendly fraction. By facilitating a victory for a rebel group friendly to the west they could in a roundabout way secure the chemical weapons, perhaps even destroy them.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

www.voltairenet.org...

A lot of Milan and reportedly even Javelins are pouring in to the Al qaeda terrorists.

120 french special forces captured in Homs:

www.youtube.com...

SAS troops captured:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

50 turkish intelligence officers captured:
www.globalresearch.ca...

Western media are jubilant over the defection of a Syrian TV channel reporter, Ghatan Sleiba, who had been unaccounted for since Wednesday, June 27, and reappeared on Monday, July 2, in Turkey. In an interview with The Guardian, he revealed he was a spy working for the "rebels" for 7 months. He claims to have provided them during that time with sensitive information on army movements. The Western press has presented Ghatan Sleiba as a journalist for Ad-Dunya, adding that he also worked freelance for Al-Ikhbariya. He had been missing since June 27, that is to say, since the commando operation that raided the studios of the private television station, killing four guards during the assault, before murdering three TV anchors in cold blood and demolishing the premises. According to the Western account, Ghatan Sleiba was apparently both a journalist and a spy, in defiance of international conventions. And his flight would have coincided with the murder of his colleagues. Under such circumstances, one cannot but be amazed to see The Guardian and France24 celebrating him as a hero: or is it that these media workers can recognize themselves in his behavior? All the same, the The Guardian and France24 journalists have ridiculed themselves: Ghatan Sleiba worked in television only ten days more than a year ago. He has never been the spy he purports to be. He is just an imaginative young man who concocted a CV to find work with one of the channels created by the CIA for the consumption of the Syrian people.
www.voltairenet.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

I would be very cautious using RT as a source when Russia is clearly bias towards the Syrian regime. I read it was more like 12 or 13 French troops captured

Also your article about SAS men being captured is old, that happened during the gulf war and did not happen after the start of the Arab Spring.

I would not be surprised though about the supply of weapons to the rabbles but I don’t think they are Al-Qa’ida.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

And I would careful about using western media sources as they have become wahabbi al qaeda propaganda outlets against Syria.Also they are trying to cover up the Libor and interest rate swap fraud of 650 trillion $ ,which independent analysts are discussing. Also there was false reporting about the Libyan war and western journalists were acting as spies in Libyan war providing NATO coordinates about Ghaddafi troops .Also there is an media blackout about the continued fighting in Libya amongst tribals .

uprootedpalestinians.blogspot.in...
www.powerfullinfo.com...!!!/

edit on 22-7-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I am being careful, if you notice in my OP I am quite clear that one source is unconfirmed and that I don’t regard another as a reliable source.

RT is just as bias as western media, one has to be able to critically analyse sources to judge what can be trusted and what cannot be. I have used three different sources to try to back up my belief that British Special Forces are operating inside Syria. I am not seeking to start a discussion about media corruption and the nature of Al-Qa’ida.

I will repeat this however, your source about the SAS being caught in Syria is probably at least 6 or 7 years old and the RT video is massively exaggerated other media reports said 13 French soldiers and the French have denied it (they would of course) but also there has not been any proof, like the Syrians showing them on national TV like the Iraqi’s done in the first gulf war. That being said I do indeed believe that there are French forces inside Syria.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It was the claim of the Syrian army .It was there on SANA ,the official syrian media. Western media is understating or not reporting a lot of things these days.

And 13 number is incorrect.Because Theiry Meyssan reported that there were negotiations to extract 18 French officers captured out of Syria.

www.voltairenet.org...

So,anything other than western media is better,considering that 650 trillion $ Interest rate swap and Libor fraud proves that West is nothing but a bunch of mafia states with corruption dwarfing their GDP.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

firstly This thread is NOT about the labor scandal.

Well then let’s say 18, I am just based 13 on what I had remembered reading in the press.

Either way if you’re going to say the number was 18 then it still shows that RT massively exaggerated the number caught, also Syrian state media is probably the least reliable source on the planet just now. And I read about this alleged capture in the western media….

So can you now say that RT exaggerated the number captured and as such that source is not reliable?

edit on 22-7-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

LIFG is Al qaida and its fighting in Syria.

and your media is caught helping the rebels in combat.

www.voltairenet.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No only some of LFIG was Al-Qa’ida the group became fractured and split, they denounced Al-Qa’ida then there was some kick up about the leader pledging alliance to Al-Qa’ida when the rest of the group was all over the place and did not want to be part of Al-Qa’ida in the end they all had a nice big fall out. I don’t want to go into it because this thread is about British Special Forces operating in Syria and the history of LFIG is a complex mess that am not going to bother explaining on a thread nothing to do with LFIG only for you to link me to a source form the telegraph that does not tell the full story.

I think there were a number of members who were in LFIG that fought in Iraq against western forces but the vast majority of the Libyan rebels had no connection to Al-Qa’ida.

Can you please stay on topic.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Considering that its syrian people being murdered by western sponsored terrorists,Syrian media is way more credible than Western media..ha ha ,they(west media) cover up the biggest fraud in the monetary history of mankind a 650 trillion$ scandal,so what crediblity does it leave? The credibility of pravda and Sorcha Faal.

RT gave the Syrian army figure.It also interviewed Theirry Meyysan on this. Check what he is saying.Its al qaeda FSA killing people not syrian army.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Again stay on topic, this has nothing to do with the Libor scandal.

This thread is about British Special Forces operating in Syria.

If you want to have a debate about the Libor scandal and the media covering it up then please feel free to go create a thread about it, link me to it and we can talk about it all you want on a thread that is on that topic.

This thread is NOT about the Libor Scandal.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What crock...

www.voltairenet.org...

www.alternet.org...

Al qaeda is nothing but an creation of US govt and CIA.

And don't give me about official western propaganda about LIFG. Western media has lost crediblity considering it is supporting wahabbis,covering up the biggest fraud in financial history etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Please stop with this nonsense its only derailing my thread.

I am not interested in your views on Al-Qa’ida I regard them as pitifully ignorant and not worth my time to debate with you on a thread that has nothing to do with Al-Qa’ida, LIFG or Libor.

Just one quick question though, you are saying that western media is Wahhabi, I thought you conspiracy guys thought it was all controlled by the Jews.

Looks like another inconsistency to me

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

British and Qatari special operations units are operating with rebel forces under cover in the Syrian city of Homs just 162 kilometers from Damascus, according to DEBKAfile’s exclusive military and intelligence sources,” states the report, adding that the foreign units are not engaging in direct combat but are acting in an advisory capacity, while also relaying requests for arms outside of the country

libya360.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Western media supports Wahabbis.If you don't like conspiracy facts then you should leave this forum.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yup I totally agree with you, Western special operations forces are operating in Syria right now.

That is what this thread is about

Thank you for getting back on topic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join