It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the ladies like conspiracy theories as much as guys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just thought of a little chat to help the guys in this situation.

Lets say i go to party or somewhere and i chit-chat with a girl or a group of girls and start mentioning little conspiracies here and there. Would they like it? or would they think your weird? or do they secretly like it but dont want to look like a "weirdo" in front of everybody?

I know some of you would say "Just be who you are" or "you dont have to hide it.....ect. ect." but thats not the case here. What im trying to point out to the "Girls" is would you kind of hide your belief about conspiracies and such in a public place, especially if people might find it offensive like 9/11?
And do a group of "Ladiefriends" talk and debate about conspiracies from time to time like guys?

Just wondering what goes on in the mysteries world of women thinking........the guys know what im talking about
edit on 19-7-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Not all, just the good ones.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

the good ones? enlighten us please

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

Yes we do.

I don't think it's a male thing. I would say there are more women than men seeing as we are more likely to ponder and question. Men don't think as much.

What an insulting question actually.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I know more than a few Ladies that could be called "Conspiracy Theorists," and one of them is my wife. We often discuss conspiracies that we come across or read about, we both spend a lot of time on the www.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Insulting How?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

good to hear

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well theres a conspiracy against us men that we can't stay awake all night giving our women pleasure....its quite easy i just spend the night on the sofa downstairs playing games while she sleeps very happily

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say that I don't personally know ANY other women who are into conspiracy theories...

To the fellow ladies at ATS - do you experience this in your personal lives?

And re your question about how to find out if a girl shares the same interests as you, it's simple just start off by mentioning something that's not too hardcore and watch for her reaction.... You'll soon find out, good luck

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

Yup, I don't know any other gals who have more than the slightest occasional passing interest in conspiracy theory. But I don't know any guys who do either, so I'm glad for ATS otherwise I'm kinda alone in it.

Just like anything else, ya gotta test the waters, OP. Start small and see what happens. But tread lightly, lest you get chased out of a party or somethin' by close-minded fools.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chericher

Yup, I don't know any other gals who have more than the slightest occasional passing interest in conspiracy theory. But I don't know any guys who do either, so I'm glad for ATS otherwise I'm kinda alone in it.

Just like anything else, ya gotta test the waters, OP. Start small and see what happens. But tread lightly, lest you get chased out of a party or somethin' by close-minded fools.

Actually, now I think about it, I don't know any men who are into conspiracies either
Oh except one weirdo at work

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hello....speaking for myself, I don't tend to talk about my own conspiracy beliefs with anyone, male or female....until I know they are somewhat open to the theories.
I don't know any women who are interested like I am....in fact, apart from my partner....I don't know any men that are either lol.
I would rather keep my opinions to myself than have someone mock me (or argue)....most of the people I know would rather discuss Dancing With the Stars....cuz they're not cool like us (ATS'ers)!

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime

Just wondering what goes on in the mysteries world of women thinking........the guys know what im talking about
edit on 19-7-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

Keep wondering. If you figure them out, let me know. Hell, let us ALL know.

And while you're at it, don't use condescending remarks like "You men know what I mean." They don't take too kindly to that. Women conspiracy theorists though? I've only met one in real life. Sharp as a tack, keeps up well and quick to the draw. Helluva woman in my book.

I think the numbers are about even really. In my 8 years here I've run across a pretty even amount of men and women.

And then there was Boncho

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I know more than a few Ladies that could be called "Conspiracy Theorists," and one of them is my wife. We often discuss conspiracies that we come across or read about, we both spend a lot of time on the www.

Exactly.

Do you find your wife is even more cynical than you are on certain topics? Mine is.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

LOL
you guys are cool

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
Hello....speaking for myself, I don't tend to talk about my own conspiracy beliefs with anyone, male or female....until I know they are somewhat open to the theories.
I don't know any women who are interested like I am....in fact, apart from my partner....I don't know any men that are either lol.
I would rather keep my opinions to myself than have someone mock me (or argue)....most of the people I know would rather discuss Dancing With the Stars....cuz they're not cool like us (ATS'ers)!

jacygirl

I wish I could be like you, I'm very open about my beliefs and will drop things into a conversation whenever necessary, most of the time to try and educate people....

What usually follows is a debate which I know I can't win because that person will never believe... Which I find really frustrating and stressful....

I need to learn to keep my mouth shut like you do

And yeah, us ATS chicks are pretty damn cool I reckon

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I see some people find this posting offending, i cant truly understand why because, believe me, none of of the words i wrote on this post were intended to make negative remarks to anyone. but if it gets removed i guess i understand why.
i was just trying to talk like a friend talks to another friend in a trustworthy way. Well i guess i disrespected some of you so if some one can tell me how to delete this thread please tell me because this was not my intention at all

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
I see some people find this posting offending, i cant truly understand why because, believe me, none of of the words i wrote on this post were intended to make negative remarks to anyone. but if it gets removed i guess i understand why.
i was just trying to talk like a friend talks to another friend in a trustworthy way. Well i guess i disrespected some of you so if some one can tell me how to delete this thread please tell me because this was not my intention at all

Dude,

I'm not THAT seriously offended.It's not that big of a deal.

Forget it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Hey paradisepurple....I think I just eventually gave up on trying to educate other people, lol.
I used to be a social butterfly and now am pretty much a loner. I don't find the usual chit-chat that people engage in to be stimulating or thought-provoking.....and the know-it-alls who get their information from mainstream media just make me want to bang my head on the wall! So....I'd rather come here.....and try to keep educating myself!
jacygirl

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl

Hey paradisepurple....I think I just eventually gave up on trying to educate other people, lol.
I used to be a social butterfly and now am pretty much a loner. I don't find the usual chit-chat that people engage in to be stimulating or thought-provoking.....and the know-it-alls who get their information from mainstream media just make me want to bang my head on the wall! So....I'd rather come here.....and try to keep educating myself!
jacygirl

Jacy, that mirrors my life so much, I could have written it....

It's certainly a lonely life being a conspiracy chick... But it's good to hear that your fella is into this stuff too, you're really lucky! Mine just wants to watch the football

top topics

<<   2 >>

join