It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky Friday: What If Ladies Behaved Like Dudes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Or vice versa?

I found this clip pretty funny. Sad to note that I recognized a few classic dude behaviors I exhibit constantly only after watching other women display them.

Which might be a generational thing, because I have frequently read and heard accounts of girls and dudes pretty much having identical codes of conduct these days.

How about you guys? Ya'll ever wonder what it's like in the Other's shoes?
edit on 13-7-2012 by Eidolon23 because:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
Or vice versa?

I found this clip pretty funny. Sad to note that I recognized a few classic dude behaviors I exhibit constantly only after watching other women display them.

Which might be a generational thing, because I have frequently read and heard accounts of girls and dudes pretty much having identical codes of conduct these days.

How about you guys? Ya'll ever wonder what it's like in the Other's shoes?

Now wait... that's supposed to be the "flipside"... seems to be a pretty dead on version of current reality... LOL...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

I know, right?

But it did not really hit home until watching this clip.What kind of long term effects will we have to contend with (or enjoy) here? On the one hand, we are now able to express some desirable traits formally the domain of the opposite gender.

On the other hand, passive aggressive men and women who don't give a flying flip about one's needs are not a great development..

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Okay, just to make an already shunned thread that much more uncomfortable:

Estrogenic/androgenic pollutants? Pretty much everywhere, and in a lot of the stuff you consume on a daily basis. What do they do to fish?

At a meeting in Copenhagen in May 2000, Soto reported her findings that concentrations of estrogenic pollutants at two of the downstream sites were sometimes almost double those at the upstream site. And water from all three downstream sites was significantly more androgenic than the samples collected upstream. One downstream sample exhibited nearly four times the androgenicity of the upstream water.

Males just downstream of the feedlots “had a significantly reduced testes size” — which, he says, appears to explain why they also produced less testosterone than males upstream. He also found that the heads of these fathead minnows weren’t all that fat — which also makes sense, he notes, since testosterone helps determine skull size. What appears to be happening, he says, is that the water-borne androgens provide some signal that tells the males’ bodies to produce less testosterone. In females, the researchers observed a significant increase in the ratio of androgenic to estrogenic hormone concentrations in blood.

.www.copperwiki.org...

In other words, it masculiniizes female fish and emasculates (couldn't exactly call it feminizing) males. Huh. Wonder what daily intake does to humans. Aside from increasing the incidence of cancer, of course.

How about his one?

Taking the pill for past 40 years 'has put women off masculine men...

On days when women are not fertile, their tastes swing towards more feminine, boyish faces and more caring personalities, researchers have shown.
However, if women are taking the Pill they no longer have fertile days.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The changing fashions for film stars appear to show a shift from masculine men in the 1950s - before the advent of the Pill - to more baby-faced stars today.

Many of the biggest box office draws are boyish in appearance, rather than classically rugged. The top Hollywood earners of last year include Will Smith, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio and Hugh Jackman. Other boyish film stars include Jude Law.

The progression from this:

To this:

Could be explained by the effects of intensified domestication, too. Neoteny is the new black. Once environmental checks and pressures are neutralized, we are shaping one another.

Crazy.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Eidolon23 because: bolded the kicker.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
For the record? I'm a Sean Connery girl from way back.

But then, I am not on the Pill.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I know, right?

But it did not really hit home until watching this clip. I have to wonder what sort of long term implications we have to contend with (or enjoy) here. On the one hand, we are now able to express some desirable traits formally the domain of the opposite gender.

On the other hand, passive aggressive men and women who don't give a flying flip about one's needs are not a great development.

I don't know what it is but I've found that after spending 12 years in a relationship with a woman that cheated on me relentlessly has caused me to become much needier... the women I've been around seem to play the games that were only used by guys (such as I love you let's screw)... and then seem to throw away guys that are willing to offer them the world on a silver platter to go pick up the next piece of trash that throws themselves at their feet...

Maybe there's something to this whole 2012 thing... maybe the whole "paradigm shift" has more to do with female to male and male to female than anything else...

I was of the understanding that women wanted the kind of guy that could beat the hell out of anyone they needed to... could write them a song or poem about that... then build them a house... give them a child... raise that child single handedly while they pursued a career... cook them a meal... rub their back... be great in the sack... look like they stepped off the cover of GQ... pluck their eyebrows... paint their nails... etc...

Then when they find one (the guy that's in my mirror) they're so freaked out that they got everything they wanted in one package that they blow everything up so they have something to complain about I guess...

Whatever... I'll never get it...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Oh jeez, and we could nip all this stuff in the bud just by living a little smarter.

Because both genders using one another like kleenex is gonna get old even quicker than the last paradigm.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Oh jeez, and we could nip all this stuff in the bud just by living a little smarter.

Because both genders using one another like kleenex is gonna get old even quicker than the last paradigm.

Agreed... or if it turns into a "well you guys did this to us since the stone age so now we're going to spend the next bunch of thousands of years showing you how we felt"...

One day I'll find a chick that will be straightforward and honest... tell me what she wants and needs and then appreciate it when I give it to her... I'll fall madly in love... and then when it comes time to consummate our relationship find out "she" has dangly part and just figure "oh who the hell cares anymore"... LOL...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So, any dudes wanna man up and demand their hormonal birth control?

This guy is down:

Lenny Smalls, whose Facebook page says he lives in Chicago and works as a transportation analyst, is very interested in long-acting, reversible male contraception. According to his posts on a fan page for one form being tested — known as RISUG or Vasalgel — Smalls is sufficiently frustrated by the pace of such drugs coming to the U.S. market to have begun personally testing an Indonesian herbal product called gandarusa.

“I plan to become the guinea pig and test this products effect on myself and my sperm,” he wrote recently. “I will take 1 pill daily and record how I feel everyday. After 30 days, I will see my doctor and have my sperm tested to see if it was effected by the supplement.” www.salon.com...

But his physician is not on board:

Earlier this week, Smalls’ plan ran into a hitch when the first doctor he saw refused to cooperate.

And I bet none of the men reading this are, either. But think about it, fellas: you could save us all from a fate worse than Beiber.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Eidolon23 because: oh, the humanity...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Don't give up, dude. Assertiveness and direct communication are becoming common shared traits, as well as callowness and fortspucking.

Unless the other scenario rocks your boat. In which case, rock on, I ain't judging.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Don't give up, dude. Assertiveness and direct communication are becoming common shared traits, as well as callowness and fortspucking.

Unless the other scenario rocks your boat. In which case, rock on, I ain't judging.

Nah... went through the whole "bag and tag" phase in between most long term relationships and at this point in my life really don't feel like going down that road again... at this point in my life I at least know what not to do even if I'm never quite certain what the hell it is I actually should...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

You really do have to much time on your hands don't you E23. Maybe you should spend it more wisely like you know, making some poor smuck a sandwich. Do you ever wonder what wonderful things could happen if you never left the kitchen? You should ponder on it, just don't ponder on it for to long.

I really can say that I do not really know what your getting at.

I have seen plenty of Ladies behaving like dudes, and vice versa. The whole myth of them being one thing and a Lady is pretty much just that, a "myth" it's make believe, it exists only in peoples heads and on TV and is no more real then Santa Claus is. And just like Santa Claus they only believe it during certain times of the year, and only if they get a present. The indulgent buggers! what nerve.

In fact the whole ladies are ladies thing is just plain illusion, and everybody knows it just like the myth and illusion that there farts don't stick, that is pure dis-info and there farts stink alright. And what you purpose exists only in your head me thinks. One of these days you will have to wake up and realize that you mamz is crazy, and just plain bat # nutty, and you may even have to quit doinking around and actually get serious about whatever the hell it is your getting at and want. Because just like there is no conspiracy against love, there is no conspiracy on this one as well. In fact it is just a way some people can operate, because they just cant get on up and do it any other way. In fact they probably would not know it or know what to do if it was up in there face and looking them in the eye.

And there is no What if Ladies Behaved Like Dudes?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

And I bet none of the men reading this are, either. But think about it, fellas: you could save us all from a fate worse than Beiber.

I really don't get the whole point in changing your whole chemistry just to kill off some sperm. Why not just use condoms or don't be going around sleeping with people if you do not want the possible consequences, seems simple to me. A little self control goes a long way you know, and really its not all that hard to do, or at least for me it's not.

This would be overkill and who knows what other effects it may have on you, unless off-course both parties or however parties involved would be willing to stick to it in a long term deal type of thing. But to be taking pills to solve a little self control problems speaks of deeper inlaid issues then what the pill offers, in the end it will solve nothing. Its patching up the symptoms not the cause, a favorite hobby of the drug industry.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Male vs. female behavior: it's foolish not to recognize a narrowing gap, but it's downright willfully retarded not to acknowledge the differences at all. As I am sure you are aware. Oh, and let's make our own goddamn sandwiches, shall we?

We're grownass people, after all.

The only thing I can really agree with is the chemicals in our environment and food chain and supply that change up our bio-makeup more so then it would be naturally is messing with things at a rate which is not noticeable unless you step out of that paradigm and look at it from a birds eye view, to get a more broader picture.

Yup. I'm sorry, did I somehow fail to make that point?

I really don't get the whole point in changing your whole chemistry just to kill off some sperm. Why not just use condoms or don't be going around sleeping with people if you do not want the possible consequences, seems simple to me. A little self control goes a long way you know, and really its not all that hard to do, or at least for me it's not.

Does this outstanding virtue of yours exist at the expense of ready comprehension? Hormonal birth control and all its associated risks are shouldered exclusively by women. No one has really bothered developing male birth control all these years, because men "don't get the whole point in n changing your whole chemistry just to kill off some sperm."

That should have been our line, ladies. With a minor modification:

I don't get the point in tricking my body into thinking it's pregnant for years at a time, just to avoid insemination.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Male vs. female behavior: it's foolish not to recognize a narrowing gap, but it's downright willfully retarded not to acknowledge the differences at all. As I am sure you are aware. Oh, and let's make our own goddamn sandwiches, shall we?

Just what I wanted to hear, would not trust a female to make me a sandwich anyways.

And no other then the obvious physical differences and a bit on the mental, ie men are more straight forward and women are more twisty turby manipulative., the rest are pretty much just cosmetically. What you talking about does not exist but in movies and in magazines.

Does this outstanding virtue of yours exist at the expense of ready comprehension? Hormonal birth control and all its associated risks are shouldered exclusively by women. No one has really bothered developing male birth control all these years, because men "don't get the whole point in n changing your whole chemistry just to kill off some sperm."

Like I said a little self control goes a long way. And that self control extends to the dudes you choose to sleep around with. Your point makes no sense, it's down right unsane to make such a blank statement like it applies to everybody.

No one is forcing anyone to go out and do anything and no one is forcing women to sleep around with men who may or may not know the consequences of sex and therefore use preventive measure, in fact from what I seen women in general look for those type of dudes for obvious reasons. The fact that women take birth control so they can have sex without consequences is on them, just like it is on the men, and both sexes choose it just like they choose the men and women who they sleep around with.

What more is there to it? You may want to make you point a bit more clear if you want to be understood. And you know the reason why they dont bother to let male birth control out, the reason is. That if they actually did that then men would be choosing it and there will be a whole less births around. Which will mess with the status Que on how things work. The machine needs constant fodder does it not. And in this consumer society it needs constant consumers.

That should have been our line, ladies. With a minor modification: I don't get the point in tricking my body into thinking it's pregnant for years at a time, just to avoid insemination.

And what type of reverse psychology guilt trip mombo jombo is that. NO really what is the above supposed to even mean? Are we talking suppositions again because that is the whole of your base.

Really why don't you just say what really bothers you, instead of this misconstrued misdirection because frankly you suck at it. Your like a little kid, who has been obliged way to much. But just so you know, I still like you either way even if your annoying and a troll, among other things. But really I think what got's you picking this bone lies not in it at all. And maybe just maybe you should grow up and take it up with whoever and whatever really got's you all prickly. Because I know its no one on this thread so far, and definitely not me. Your just trying to impress your misguided will on others, and you know that # wont work with me. So why try! Try it on somebody else.

I really do think your trolling. Maybe you should just take it up with your boyfriend, as that is usually the cause of such things in females, that or they did not get something that they wanted so they blame all men for it. But more importantly what you suppose does not exist, its just a blank statement that signifies nothing, and opinion, if it signifies anything it is your own inhibitions.

And so saying all that....How have your days been going?

You seem a bit on the mad side, you know if I was a doctor or in the pharmacological business I would create and distribute a "chill pill" to which I would advice you to take one. However and if you read the small print, the side effects would be possible diarrhea, runny nose, internal bleeding, depression, kidney failure, leakage of fluids from orifices, suicidal tendencies, and a whole long list of other possible side effects.

But hey for a few hours it would make people be able to chill.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Dude, project much?

Anyway, at least there's one point I can strain out of that mess.

"That should have been our line, ladies. With a minor modification: I don't get the point in tricking my body into thinking it's pregnant for years at a time, just to avoid insemination. "

And what type of reverse psychology guilt trip mombo jombo is that. NO really what is the above supposed to even mean? Are we talking suppositions again because that is the whole of your base.

If hormonal birth control is the best solution we've got (Oh, I'm sorry, as you've pointed out, there's always abstinence. Which is working out just great for every population it's pushed on.), and it carries all these associated risks to the user as well as environmental and perhaps even evolutionary fallout- why does one sex have to take up the slack?

Particularly as it would be a great deal easier to develop a hormonal work around for men's simpler endocrine systems.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Okay, make that two points.

What more is there to it? You may want to make you point a bit more clear if you want to be understood. And you know the reason why they dont bother to let male birth control out, the reason is. That if they actually did that then men would be choosing it and there will be a whole less births around. Which will mess with the status Que on how things work. The machine needs constant fodder does it not. And in this consumer society it needs constant consumers.

Yeah, maybe.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Some of this can be environmental, as in what is happening during that time. What's triggering your need-to-breed (or not).

During various times men's tastes in women have changed. Obviously this isn't a hard and fast rule, but a general trend.

Men liking a "mature" looking woman is more common in times of conflict:

Notice it isn't just the figure, it is the face. Marlene Dietrich is an excellent example of this. You might not live. Find a good fertile woman who isn't an experiment.

Or a less mature woman, girly or showing masculine traits during times of growth and excess:

The skinny boobless flapper look from the prior era of this.

I know, you guys are going to look at those masculine trait women I put up and say they look like women to you. I'll point out that they are slim hipped, long in the waist, small boobs, lean with very low body fat. These are all male traits.

You'll notice right now that people are feeling the pinch of hard economic times. The push for celebrity women to not look like made up pretty boys is on.
edit on 14-7-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Gender roles seems to have changed ALOT.

It's madness and damn confusing. How is a man supposed to act like a man when alot of women today treat them like women while stepping up to act like a man.

I understand tomboys, but this is no where close to what i'm refering to. Many women today just seem too damn manly and too many men today are way to feminine. Whats happened? I dont think we have control over it though. Possibly hormones in food causing it, meds, or whatever. Either way... it's damn sick if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Dude, project much?

Your whole thing is one giant projection and your saying I project much. Sure why not, I am projecting, but none of what you say still makes any sense.

(Oh, I'm sorry, as you've pointed out, there's always abstinence. Which is working out just great for every population it's pushed on.)

What is it my fault none of you can keep it in your pants or at least put some sort of lock on it, or even make a schedule to it. Quit blaming men for sh*t you cant get over. And I did not say abstinence, I said think a little before you go at it. Abstinence is really asking for to much.

and it carries all these associated risks to the user as well as environmental and perhaps even evolutionary fallout- why does one sex have to take up the slack?

Making sh*t up. It takes two to tango, and who to tango with. Unless you go around having sex with everybody you meet then its a choice both get into. And last I herd, there is a string of dudes who always seem to whine that the women they slept with said they were on the pill when they turned out were not. All in all, you point still makes no sense and you just blowing hot air. Like I said if there was a male pill, dudes would be jumping at the opportunity as it will alleviate a lot of problems.

Particularly as it would be a great deal easier to develop a hormonal work around for men's simpler endocrine systems. Just saying.

Sure why not? Just saying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join