It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inevitable police state. It's up to you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Second, I'm not doing a play by play of the first. Would take too long. The first video had some very clear violations of policy. Like the guy in the squad that gets cold clocked. Of course that was brutality.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What's the point in beating someone if there already subdued? You haven't answered this question yet. They can't be resisting arrest when there on the ground sucking pavement.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Good points and I completely agree that it makes more sense in almost every situation to go with the flow and wait for court. Even if being arrested on erroneous charges. Would you rather get ass stomped, wind up in jail and charged with extra crimes or win a civil suit for being falsely arrested?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Yes they can. Having someone on the ground does not mean they are under control with cuffs on. When people are in that position and get their arms in front it's very hard to get them cuffed. It's also dangerous to let them be in that position. So to get them to stop hiding wrists, sometimes they need a few kicks or punches or baton blows in the APPROVED areas of the body.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What? LOL. Cops, governments, etc... are bunch of loons bent on controlling us and you see absolutely nothing wrong with the pain cops cause? Just because you never had a bad experience with them, sad.... well maybe some day you will and you'll get to know the feeling when you're being overpowered by a bunch of men, it isn't pretty.

But yeah, I really can't wait for the day we fight back, to finally get revenge for all the # they caused and people they've killed. Governments, and the blind police who help maintain their power will get to know what it feels to be stomped on! Get ready guys and have no fear as it only holds you back! WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Really, you can't go through the medium length video to show me resisting arrest? Get out of here then if your going to bull#. I have no tolerance for it.

You said beatings are necessary when someone is resisting arrest, there is a beating in almost every scene. That would mean every scene was people resisting arrest. Can you please explain to me why beat someone on the ground that is not posing a threat, that could obliviously be hand cuffed and sent to jail?

Oh and please show me that law when you have to beat someone that's already subdued.

I'll be waiting.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Your one of those people that's never had a run in with cops oblivously. You just completely destroyed your arguement. People need kicks and punches in the "approved" areas. what a bunch of bull#. As you can see in every scene there is 2 or MORE cops.

Your telling me that 2 cops can't handcuff someone on the ground?

I'm still waiting for that law that says police officers can kick and punch someone in the approved areas of the body.

Whenever your ready.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Oh and please show me that law when you have to beat someone that's already subdued.

It's not law it's policy. Let me go watch the video again. Like I said, I skimmed. I'll tell you at 1:38 the cops were not doing a single thing wrong. By approved areas I mean not the head (baton) and face... Not fish hooking people. There are rules about where you can strike. I have been arrested before and it was not pleasant.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

@ 2:50 the police were acting correctly. When they ask for your hands, give em up.

@ 5:22

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I would watch the entire video. That man could have been unlawfully arrest and that's why the other man hit the cop. Who knows, but if you watch the video, all of the beatings expect for obliviously the one I mentioned could have been avoided.

If it takes beating someone to arrest them, when you have 2 or more partners with you, they need more training on how to hand cuff people. It's completely illogical, it doesn't take blows to the head to put someones wrists behind their back.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I'm almost done with the whole video. It's all pretty bad. I've posted the ones that I've seen where I'm OK with the use of force. The guy that runs up and cold clocks the cops wasn't trying to protect the man being arrested as I recall he had some anger issues and a rap sheet.

@ 6:45 no problem there either, hell the guy went for the cops neck when they went to arrest him. Then he resisted.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Kang69

Oops no.

Skimmed through a few minutes of it, yeah some of that was seriously out of line.

I admit that I've been far too emotionally reactionary in replying to you in the past, Domo; but my issue, I think, has primarily been that I've felt that you haven't been reactionary enough.

edit on 13-7-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

police state is the only way to get people ready for false flags.

But I think US is better than England.

there are thousands of cameras in London's streets.

Maybe there are surveillance cameras in the toilets , too.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Okay, I agree with Domo1. Pain compliance isn't always necessary, but how many individuals just give up without a fight? Should it be that an office must ask please before handcuffing someone, and if that person doesn't agree then they should just be let go? If a suspect is fighting back then the police must what is necessary to gain control, even up to firing shots.

Now having said that, at least half the instances in the first video are blatant police brutality. Once a suspect is under control it should be hands off. But in the case where there are only one or two officers and the suspect is not complying, then I don't see any wrong doing.

Please look at each incident on a case by case basis. Just lumping every video together and point fingers is not looking at this objectively.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thugs with badges... the only thing they "Serve And Protect" is their jobs...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The police and all security agencies always have the prime directive to support the status-quo. It is the nature of the status-quo that we should be discussing here, not the ambiguity of police brutality.

The American police state arose during WWII. It has evolved in force and sophistication with the underlying economic agendas intertwined with the cold war and now terrorism.

Get it together sheeple!
edit on 13-7-2012 by g2v12 because: grammer

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
COP = SLIMEY PIG

Their day is coming - and a lot sooner than you think. In every oppressed Nazi or communist dictatorship like the USA that I can think of the first scum to get it were the filthy cops.............always as a surprise hit - usually from behind

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yes they are doing their job and in some case that means bashing in a few heads HOWEVER they have training, cuffs do they really need to beat the crap out of someone to arrest them or do they do it because they can get away with it.

Job or no it comes down to choice are you a member of the police force first and the human race second or the other way around? It's a choice. There are some good cops but jobs like this attract bullies and people who get off on pushing people around. I thought about being a cop when i was younger because I wanted to help people but then i had to consider i would have to enforce all the laws even ones I don't agree with and that I would have to do what I was told even if i didn't agree with it. I would loose my ability to choose right from wrong. Point being this is a choice and a some point we are held accountable for the choices we make.

There is some real trouble brewing out there I hope everyone remembers to uses their brain before they resort to using their fists. No matter what uniform your wearing we are all the same underneath.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Ladysophiaofsandoz because: emotions brewing cant type

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Yes they are doing their job and in some case that means bashing in a few heads HOWEVER they have training, cuffs do they really need to beat the crap out of someone to arrest them or do they do it because they can get away with it.

Job or no it comes down to choice are you a member of the police force first and the human race second or the other way around? It's a choice. There are some good cops but jobs like this attract bullies and people who get off on pushing people around. I thought about being a cop when i was younger because I wanted to help people but then i had to consider i would have to enforce all the laws even ones I don't agree with and that I would have to do what I was told even if i didn't agree with it. I would loose my ability to choose right from wrong. Point being this is a choice and a some point we are held accountable for the choices we make.

There is some real trouble brewing out there I hope everyone remembers to uses their brain before they resort to using their fists. No matter what uniform your wearing we are all the same underneath.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Ladysophiaofsandoz because: emotions brewing cant type

The police and military are expected to be non-political in their work. This is sold to them in a patriotic doctrine of professionalism and service to country and flag.

When you see these groups choosing sides in political matters, you'll know the end is at hand in the chime of social order and the rule of law.

There is a government movement in the US to minimize such a scenario. F.E.M.A. for one, has a pastoral program that recruits pastors and has them use bible scriptures to convince their congregations that government is to be obeyed and guns are to be voluntarily turned over in a national emergency.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join