It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled Illinois Woman Abandoned In Tennessee; Mom Won’t Be Charged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
CBS Chicago

A developmentally disabled Algonquin woman abandoned by her mother in a bar in Tennessee has been made a ward of that state, after prosecutors determined her mother didn’t break any laws when she left her there.

Turns out, the prosecutor could not find anything to charge the mother with. What a horrible situation and what a horrible mother. I feel bad for the mother's other disabled child.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Im on the Depressing side of ATS again aren't i?
This is really sad :/

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They should bring her to Penn. They have been taken really good care of my niece and she totally refuses to leave. She calls us everyday and is taking therapy everyday. It's totally sad a mother would just walk away from her child.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
in a bar no less! i cant believe people these days. at least she could have left her at a hospital or a church!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh I thought the mom was at the Bar, not the child. How screwed up is that? With all the dang wierdos, she's a loser of a mother.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Eva Cameron told the newspaper that she also has another disabled child and couldn’t handle caring for both of them. She called the fallout from her choice to leave her daughter behind “just a big hoopla out of nothing,” the Northwest Herald reports.

OHHHHHH if that don't make your blood boil................

State should take the other child into custody.............

Broke no laws my arse.

Child endangerment for starters!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That comment was heartless. I know she was probably stressed out of her tree, but this is still heartless. There should be two birds killed with one stone, in that services should be ample, tons more than even Norway can imagine in every country, so she would have the help she needs, and time off as all need, and according to sliding scale. Any abuse would of course be picked up by good, caring, services.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This little girl looks so much like my niece. Could almost be her twin.
Just so heartbreaking that her mom did this, she had other options.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
This little girl looks so much like my niece. Could almost be her twin.
Just so heartbreaking that her mom did this, she had other options.

And that's exactly what makes this so horrible. She DID have other options but did not choose them.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I can understand being at the end of your rope. Trust me, I've been there. Sometimes, I live there. But not once did I consider abandoning my daughter. I know some people who would have, but there are safe drops for that. ERs, Fire Stations, Police Departments, anywhere but a BAR. Man oh man!

top topics

join