It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Americans fo if the U.S. decided to nuke Iran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If the U.S. government decided to nuke Iran without a valid reason, what would the citizens of the U.S. do?

Would there be protests, riots?

Would the people of the U.S. try to stand up to the government and fight them?

How much of the population would revolt?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
If the U.S. government decided to nuke Iran without a valid reason, what would the citizens of the U.S. do?

No.

No.

And too few to count.

The population here will never revolt against anything as long as it doesn't interfere with "their" lives too dramatically. A lot would certainly express outrage, but it would probably be so few that it would not even justify a 5 minute blip on the evening news.

We like to sit in our recliners and protest all day long...but until it hits home, we are hard pressed to leave the comfy confines of home to express our displeasure to anyone else.

It's a sad statement of fact but MHO nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Who really knows? i would like to think the US Government ain't that stupid to use nukes.
then again..

It's not like the US ain't used nukes before

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Oh brother, here it comes....

Let the US bashing begin over a hypothetical question.

The US wont Nuke Iran. They are not that important.

No, Really. They aren't.

edit on 6-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

You might as well ask "What would happen if North Korea and China joined forces and declared war on the world?" or "What would happen if Germany became rampant with Nazism again?"

IMO these kind of questions are pointless and have no real place in reality.

When was the last time a government decided to up and use the bomb without a valid reason? Hell when was the last time the bomb has been used in a military operation since WW2?

Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh but I think questions like this only perpetuate the idea that the government actually actively conspires against the best interests of its people. As if politicians and the like are not human.

Deny Ignorance...

edit on 6-7-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You're dreaming if you think we have any say in the matter.

Be nice....

But reality is, we don't.

I don't think riots or upheavals will stop anything. We got enough zombies flying around that we don't need anymore.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Oh, brother here it comes.

Let the US bashing happen over a hypothetical question.

The US wont Nuke Iran. They are not that important.

No, Really. they aren't.

I think our government makes a shiiteload of stupid decisions, but I don't think they would be stupid enough to bomb Iran either. The ramifications would be worse than most of us could probably imagine.

ETA... In my hypothetical opinion at any rate.

edit on 7/6/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The Americans would do nothing.

A lot of us would fume on these boards, arguing with each other, and would then forget about it like all other injustices we forget about.

It's almost as if boards like these exist for us to vent, so we don't do something more drastic.

Khar

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

A lot of us would fume on these boards, arguing with each other, and would then forget about it like all other injustices we forget about.

It's almost as if boards like these exist for us to vent, so we don't do something more drastic.

Khar

You've no clue about how many folks just invented a new conspiracy from this simple post...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be incredibly bad PR to kill a boat load of people without a valid reason?

Thee are plenty of other ways to skin this cat.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be incredibly bad PR to kill a boat load of people without a valid reason?

Thee are plenty of other ways to skin this cat.

A valid reason can be created on the whims of others IMO. Shoot first...ask questions later comes to mind when thinking about how some of the higher ups in our government behave.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
1. There would be people complaining that there wasn't enough nukes used since the place aint a perfect mirror

2. There would be another lot saying if we can use nukes unilatterally why cant we have them as part of the 2nd ammendment so they can buy a 6 pack of beer and a 10 kilo tonne nuke from walmart

3. 99% of the rest of America asking wheres Iran and what state is it in

4. the remaining 0.01% will be on ATS complaining about it but getting drowned out by the No.1 crew

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

After all that we have been through, with Iraq/Afghanistan, without a very ****valid reason**** I personally would disagree....

I live in the DC area, so I would personally protest...rioting wouldn't help the cause or my situation for that matter....

Yah, right mon...
Common sense has to prevail at some point....

My guess is less than 1%. Some might be happy because of job creation in the defense sector...But that all depends on longevity, and what other cans of worms the US would open through the action....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by Kharron

Khar

You've no clue about how many folks just invented a new conspiracy from this simple post...

I know, scary huh? But what if it's true?

You know that Roman strategy -- Bread and Games. Well, we all here always laugh that dumb people watch Jersey Shore and Jerry Springer and that entertainment, those Games, keep them pacified and redirected.

What if discussion forums are just a higher level of Games? What if this is our Snookie?

Khar

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Valid reason, valid reason? The government would proclaim that the masses have no right to decide whether the reason is valid and that such decision is theirs alone.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't think this will happen, I just was asking what you guys thought would happen if it did happen. I personally don't think that there would be many people upset. People would justify it at first by saying "at least we didn't have to send our young men and women to die in Iran", but then other countries would condemn the U.S. and attack..... Just my opinion

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

We're playing what ifs?

What if Iran bombed the North Pole and killed Santa and all his Reindeer?

...and those poor Elves? all they wanted to do was make children happy, now what?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The idea that a nuke would be used, without provocation and without attempts at other types of action first is downright stupid.

The US does not want to be at war with the whole world. An unprovoked nuke would do just that.

Lets get real people.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why can't we play "what if?"

I'm sure if Iran bombed the north pole and killed Santa and all the elves AND the reindeer. Then the U.S. would have a "valid" reason to nuke Iran. Imagine all the poor little children who wouldn't get any presents, and all the cookies and milk that would go to waste.

I'm also fairly certain that if Santa's workshop and warehouses were bombed, they would burn for years from all of the coal (for the bad kids) and wrapping paper. IMO

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Ok but - the big but - would the people of Iran protest?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join