It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with RAF over Grimsby UK??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hi all,

This is probably not WW3 related - in fact, as it is going on over my head as I speak, I bloody well hope not!

When I was a kid in the 1970s/80s, this was a very common thing, because we had that "Russia is about to bomb us..." paranoia and then it stopped, but you know how you don't realise how much something has been missing until you see it again?

For the last 2 hours, there have been two RAF planes (Possibly Tornados?) flying backwards and forwards over Grimsby, non-stop, which means they must be patrolling over the North Sea.

I would be intrigued to know if anybody else on the UK East Coast is having similar experiences, and if they are aware of anything causing this. It's well known that RAF have practice runs like this over Scotland, where there was the problems recently, which is usually quite deserted and has a much more diverse landscape. Quite what experience they intend to get from a relatively highly populated and incredibly flat area such as this is beyond me.

There is a bombing range at Donna Nook just up the coast. Are they on exercises there? Or is this something more sinister!??

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nothing to add but hello! From a fellow Grimbarian!

Interested to know also

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by UKLionheart

Nothing known yet from here, will keep an ear open. One thing that sounds interesting is seeing a Tornado jet fly backwards though? Just joking bloke, stay sharp!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
test range crash in Scotland two days ago,:www.dailymail.co.uk... fXiES

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Recently had huge military activity around the north suburb of Montreal, Canada
never seen that before training like this and seeing war planes in the sky in that area
in 1 hrs .. 10 fly over just above us
the wings were pointy but with a round corner at the end

they looked like B29
first time i was seeing such plane in that area in 15 yrs
the noise they were making was so freakin loud.. we couldnt speak
why so many activy suddenly .. just training .. ? yeah right
edit on 7/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
its called 'manoeuvres', they run them all them time, the uk raf is basically made up of anti ground units, yes not anti sea, they just practising dude.

join