It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a possible monster question for New Jersey residents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Okay, the PNW and Alaska have Bigfoot, Sasquatch, and the North American version of the Abominable Snowman, the Southwest has the Chupacabras, or supposed goat sucking creatures that look like deranged possums on steroids, the Deep South has bad fraud photo shopped Hogzilla's living in both Alabama and its Georgia, and then their is the Jersey Devil.

Supposedly, according to Colonial American folklore, this creature was actually the 13th child of a weird New Jersey family in 1735 who the matriarch was accused of being a witch and doing some things that would have gotten her burned at the stake at the Salem Witch Trials. When her 13th child was conceived, it came out normal, but then it started transforming into a hideous, sinister hooked horned like creature, the woman was absolutely terrorized and the deformed monster child supposedly went up the chimney and out into the New Jersey wilderness, where it has remained to this day.

Endless sightings of this supposed winged creature have been vividly described over the past 250 years now, in the Southern rural parts of New Jersey, the Pine Barrens wooded areas to be specific. All of them seem to say the same thing or have similar descriptions of this folkloric creature living in Southern New Jersey.

Bruce Springsteen has mentioned it numerous times on Halloween concerts and on his website as well, the NHL has named it's team in Jersey after this creature, and quite a few other rock bands have inferred into this, their was even a time in 1909 where for a week numerous people in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey saw this creature in public, their were sighting in cities, along trolley cars, and townspeople in three states during a week called Phenomena Week.
And their also was a sighting this past year in Montauk, New York, where a creature was found by a girl and her boyfriend, something that looked like a Jersey Devil, I think in July 2008 IIRC washed up on a beach I think.

so the plot thickens so to speak.

If any people from the New York tri-state area, New Jersey, extreme eastern Pennsylvania, on ATS have any stories to tell, or have any other information on this or personal stories to add, just feel free to add to the argument. The History Channel and Monster quest have really pimped this thing up for years now, and I'm watching the story about it right now.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I saw a monster in New Jersey here is a pic

Sorry could not resist

AHHAAHA damn u was just out finding pictures of Snookie to do the same...
"jersey devil" made me think of a south park episode ^^

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ok I personally never saw the Jersey Devil and I have lived in the pine barrens all my life, BUT when I was little my grandfather used to tell me a story about how he saw it when he was young living with his dad. They lived in Batsto, which is also where I grew up, and great grandpa and grandad had alittle farm where they raised chickens. So it was at night in the summer when they would hear the chickens go nuts and the next morning a few would be missing. So they thought it was a fox. So grandpop and his dad sat up that night and waited for the fox to come back when he heard what he called a "clicking" sound coming from up in the trees. When he looked up he saw what he called a huge back shadow thing with red eyes looking back at him. Well, he shot at it twice and once it must of hit because he said it screamed and flew away. His father told him that it was the Jersey Devil that he shot. It never did come back and he never saw it again. As a kid I thought my grandpop was the coolest guy in the world! As an adult he probably shot a barn owl but was still the coolest guy in the world!!
Its not a very exciting story for you but its all I have and it made me think about him, I'm glad I was able to share this story with you.

join