It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry man smashes up T-Mobile shop in Manchester UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
That'll be on the Rude Tube christmas special. Funny vid
I have felt the same way about t-mobile in the past...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I had T-Mobile's service for almost 5 years and I know just how this guy feels. Seriously. He probably had to walk around holding his phone like the Statue of Liberty just to get enough signal to make a call and it drove him to the brink of madness.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

What was this guys problem, exactly? I can't listen to the video from work..

Either way, not the right way to go about it to be honest, you're only going to make matters worse for yourself and by causing damage, you only end up having to pay the very company your trying to get a refund from more money. Counter-productive if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

What was this guys problem, exactly? I can't listen to the video from work..

Either way, not the right way to go about it to be honest, you're only going to make matters worse for yourself and by causing damage, you only end up having to pay the very company your trying to get a refund from more money. Counter-productive if you ask me.

I would like to know what started it as well, but haven't been able to figure it out.

And I agree. It wasn't the right way to do it...but I empathize with him completely. I have been where he is and thought it just might be worth it. If we are honest, most all of us have felt like doing something like this before. But we contain ourselves. I think whatever reason he had for doing it was the straw that broke the camel's back for sure.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I saw this yesterday lol not so angry....it was over a couple of hundred pounds

ats thread

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

That is how a true gentleman trashes a store!

And a peaceful arrest as well.
edit on 3-7-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectrumSeven

reply to post by bigyin

I saw this yesterday lol not so angry....it was over a couple of hundred pounds

ats thread

Where does it say it was a couple of hundred, I can't see an amount mentioned anywhere.........

Even if it was just a few hundred maybe it was alot for this guy. Maybe like thousands of others in this country he doesn't have anything left financially or otherwise, so he's not bothered about a criminal record or paying thousands for the damage.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
No fear for the law, I love it. Imagine if this was the way to handle things. To get our money and keep us happy they would have to treat us like kings. Prisons are not big enough to house the whole population. Makes me want to go down barkleys bank

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

i got the vid link from a friend in t-mobile yesterday... im sorry 'rumored' to be over a couple hundred pound refund for a run up bill (bills can only get to a couple of hundred before the line is made inactive) .... the thread i started yesterday has links in it to another news report...

link

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well he has done what many only wish they had the cajones to do!

I would love to toss my phone thru Sprints window so they really know how i feel about it.

I miss my iphone

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Tmobile sucks. I was a customer there for five years. They always treated me good til around the time they started making a deal with at&t. They keep claiming i owe a thousand dollars now. i dont owe them shiz, they broke the contract, not me. i pay twice as much at verizon now! But its worth it!

I have more self control than dude in the video though

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
"Peaceful arrest", from what I saw of the video, the man himself was peaceful, but it lookled like the officer was trying to break his wrists with the way he was twisting the handcuffs around.

Another news website says that he was denied a substantial refund or replacement over a faulty new phone and that all they would do is send it for repair, leaving him without a phone for an unknown quantity of time. If true, this would be against English law, if goods are found to be faulty within a reasonable time (consumer direct defines reasonable as 6 months), then you are entitled to reject the goods for a full refund.

Still doesn't justify what he did however.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

I'm sure this guy will become kind of famous

Perhaps we should start a petition/protest to "free the T-mob trasher and bang up the bankers" movement..

I'm pretty sure that would garner a lot of support if the crowd he had is anything to go by.. add to that the amount of public who have had enough of the banks too!!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BMorris
Still doesn't justify what he did however.

But what does justify it? How far does a company have to abuse people before they are justified in using physical expression of anger?

Regulation doesn't work. There's no one you can go to and report fraud like this and it be taken seriously. They'll simply say that it's the way the company does business, nothing you can do about it.

I want the bankers arrested and charged with fraud, so who do I go to? We know they have broken the law, we know that the definition of fraud is taking monetary gain or advantage over others through deceit. That is what the banks have been doing with LIBOR.

No one is acting on this, there is no justice.

So at what point is it right to take action against them and FORCE CHANGE?

You'll notice I'm using this guys actions as a microcosm of the larger problem. It's really pretty simple - when you feel that unjust action is being taken against you and there is no corrective measure you can take within the realms of the law you have no other option than to force change through direct action.

IMO, this man felt powerless in the face of a company and he had to take some kind of action to express his anger. This is exactly what people in the UK are feeling right now with the banksters. Unless the police and government take action to rectify the injustice the public perceives then there will be no other choice but for the people to force a change.

I think it's great timing that he's done this now.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Blackberry? Yes, I heard RIM jobs are going down and possibly will be gone forever

Well, maybe that'll teach T-Mobile to give people refunds

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It sure takes the police in the UK quite awhile to arrive on-scene to defuse the disgruntled man. Its not like this building was out in the country in a desolate location.

It makes me CRINGE to wonder how many people an insane or angry raging madman could have SLAUGHTERED with a knife or an axe before the UK police would arrive there to defuse the situation.

They in the UK have been DISARMED and made completely DEFENCELESS against raging madmen and it takes the police there forever to arrive to out-of-control situations. That is surely one place I would NOT want to live while being unarmed.

SIGH for the UK. With the UK police taking this long to arrive to a common well-populated area as this, imagine how long they would take to arrive to a less populated and common area in which a madman or a viscous gang is SLAUGHTERING innocent DEFENCELESS people. Woe to the UK for allowing themselves to be disarmed. I feel bad for them.

When SECONDS COUNT, the UK police are SEVERAL MINUTES away...

Sad...

[color=cyan]Hooray to our 2nd Amendment in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray!!!!

edit on 3-7-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Obviously sold him a blackberry, who wouldn't be angry!?

This man is an TOTAL LEGEND.

Prison? No, lets make him prime minister! Ive worked in retail and i know that basicly, as soon as the company gets your money, there not interested in the customer service side.

The consumer has no real power after the transaction has taken place due to companies "Terms and conditions" If your product breaks they can and WILL send that item off to be repaired for weeks at a time without a care in the world. Customer service people get it in the neck all the time and its not their fault, just poor policy by traders.

That happened to me with Comet. They sent away a HD recorder for repair (took a month) and it cost more to repair (they left the slip in the box !!!) than purchase. So clearly a tax scam. It still did not work upon return. They insisted on sending it away for repair again. The only redress is the courts but it would cost more money, grief, anger etc than the product is worth. They know this.

I simply parked my car outside their store whenever I went to the retail park (diy was next door) and had posters inside my window warning shoppers away from Comet. I did see several people read it and not go into the shop
I also have the full story on my website and I used to post it on any online review site where I could.

DO NOT SHOP AT COMET

Not said that for a few years !

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

Consumer law states that they must offer a repair for a faulty item. Only then if a repair cannot be made can you get a full refund. He could have argued for a "complementary phone" for the duration, but this would be defined within his contract, it isn't covered by law.

Retailers must offer a repair or full replacement if not possible within 12 months. After that,. you then have the manufacturers warranty which can be up to 5 years in law (although some will try and tell you warranties only last 1 year to make you pay for some "insurance" or warranty extension), depending on the type of item.

So, technically, T-mobile where doing what they are obliged to do. He didn't like that, but that's no excuse to smash the store up. Had he reasoned with them, he might have been able to get a replacement, an account credit as a goodwill gesture or what have you. Going mental get's you no where.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I am sorry, but the Sale of Goods Act 1979 makes explicit provision that if the goods are "not fit for the purpose for which they are sold", then you may return them to the seller (not the manufacturer) within a reasonable period, and demand a refund which cannot legally be refused.

Quite clearly, faulty goods are not fit for the purpose.

I had this argument with PC World recently over a faulty monitor. They tried to hide behind their 28 day warranty limit, and told me to take it up with the manufacturer. The point is, my contract of sale was with PC World, not the manufacturer. The small claims court agreed with me, and ordered them to make good the refund.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

30 days is all you have to use that option, after that you have to go down the repair route. Only then if they can't repair or offer a like for like can you go for a refund.

EDIT: With your PC world thing, yes they were talking out their arse. 30 days is only the limit on the "it's broke I want my money back". After that, the retailer still must guarantee the product for the 1st year, offering a repair or replacement or refund. I had the same fuss over my LG 50" plasma that died at Xmas, it was 9 months old then just stopped working. They first tried to send me to the manufacturer, who sent me back to the retailer, who took it off to repair, found they couldn't, so I got my £800 back.
edit on 3/7/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join