It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Attacked in School By Teacher Making $95,202 a year

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
As a teacher I'm disgusted by this bully in the video. But I also know that the video does not reveal what's being said, or what the kid did off screen. Regardless the answers to those questions, that teacher did NOT handle the situation like an adult. That being said, it's BS that the poster had to focus on "oh, btw, the teacher makes $95 grand..." I don't know any teacher who makes that much. Administrators, yes. Teachers, no way. Maybe in a very affluent community where the school has money to burn, but anywhere else? Not happening. Besides, what difference does it make how much the jerk in the video makes? Way to attach douche-baggery behavior on his part to how much or little teachers make. We should be doing that thankless job for free anyway, right?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
first of all it doesn't matter how much the teach makes in a year. secondly no matter if he is a teacher or not. to me all i see is a person with more physical strength than another, and he used that against the kid.
even if the kid said a few words. the teacher being wiser should have dealt with the situation in a different way.
to make the kid understand that he made a mistake, yes I agree with that, but from the video i don't see a proper justification for such action.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
back in the fifties and early sixties, when i was growing up i had a 6 grade teacher rap my knuckles with a ruler so hard it left a welt on my hand, and i was sent to the principle for calling the teacher a name...my father was called, and when he learned of what i did, i got his leather belt landing on my backside when i got home. the next day my dad took me to school and both of us went to this teacher and i had to apologize directly, and my dad stood there and told the teacher that this will not happen again, and he also apologized to the teacher for his sons behavior. guess what?...it never happened again...and the funny thing was, after some years, i met up with that teacher after he retired, and we became friends.
edit on 4-7-2012 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
back in the fifties and early sixties, when i was growing up i had a 6 grade teacher rap my knuckles with a ruler so hard it left a welt on my hand, and i was sent to the principle for calling the teacher a name...my father was called, and when he learned of what i did, i got his leather belt landing on my backside when i got home. the next day my dad took me to school and both of us went to this teacher and i had to apologize directly, and my dad stood there and told the teacher that this will not happen again, and he also apologized to the teacher for his sons behavior. guess what?...it never happened again...and the funny thing was, after some years, i met up with that teacher after he retired, and we became friends.
edit on 4-7-2012 by jimmyx because: spell

How many times did that teacher throw you into a table for not having an ID and what did dad say about that?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Looks like there should be accountability on both sides.

Lots of people needed to secure this kid, I bet he wasn't "the little angel" he's being portrayed as.

Two sides to every story.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That is outrageous.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Looks like there should be accountability on both sides.

Lots of people needed to secure this kid, I bet he wasn't "the little angel" he's being portrayed as.

Two sides to every story.

Who is portraying hm as a little angel ?
Just because we don't agree to label him a "thug" that was ready to pop bullets into someone, doesn't mean we think hes an "angel".

I'd say more a typical teen, and most of us know they are mostly not angels at that age. But that is no excuse to use this type of force , in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobJacobs
As a teacher I'm disgusted by this bully in the video. But I also know that the video does not reveal what's being said, or what the kid did off screen. Regardless the answers to those questions, that teacher did NOT handle the situation like an adult. That being said, it's BS that the poster had to focus on "oh, btw, the teacher makes $95 grand..." I don't know any teacher who makes that much. Administrators, yes. Teachers, no way. Maybe in a very affluent community where the school has money to burn, but anywhere else? Not happening. Besides, what difference does it make how much the jerk in the video makes? Way to attach douche-baggery behavior on his part to how much or little teachers make. We should be doing that thankless job for free anyway, right?

I would encourage you to watch the video several times. After several times, it becomes more clear that the adult isn't "throwing him around" at all, but merely keeping hold of his arm as he flails around. From what I viewed, there was no excessive force by the adult, only holding on as the teen continued to flail all over the place. The adult's arms went up on a few occasions to keep his balance and he clearly wasn't hitting him or anything else as the student was trying to attack him at his waist.

Also, it's the Dean of Security, not a teacher as the article and video imply and the audio was deliberately left off to prevent s from knowing exactly what the teen said. My own belief is that it had to do with using a weapon of some sort as that is what would justify the actions taken, and, indeed, insist upon the actions taken.

As a teacher, I know you'll watch it a few more times to get an objective view and thank you ahead of time.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is a tough one.

But how I see it, the teacher showed aggression first. He grabbed the kid's arm aggressively. I thought schools didn't allow physical contact between students-students and students-teachers. The teacher grabbed his arm and pulled him toward him. And then he clearly threw the kid into the table. After that, it looked as if he were just holding the kid down until the cop lady shoved him against a wall.

Maybe the kid said something disrespectful. So what? When I was in school if I said something disrespectful, teachers had the maturity and integrity to discipline me through the proper channels, not come grab my arm and fling me into tables. Maybe that's standard operating procedures at that kid's school, but I have serious doubts that it is.

Also, what's with the whole electronic checkpoint, ID cards and such? When I went to school, I just went to school. To learn. I didn't step into a prison, which is what this looks like. No wonder kids hate school and the dropout rate in the US is so high. Just because there's been a less than 0.01% shooting incidents in schools, they have to transform every school system into a maximum security facility? Jesus F Christ...

I guess I'm out of touch with the modern public school system...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I would encourage you to watch the video several times. After several times, it becomes more clear that the adult isn't "throwing him around" at all, but merely keeping hold of his arm as he flails around. From what I viewed, there was no excessive force by the adult, only holding on as the teen continued to flail all over the place. The adult's arms went up on a few occasions to keep his balance and he clearly wasn't hitting him or anything else as the student was trying to attack him at his waist.

Also, it's the Dean of Security, not a teacher as the article and video imply and the audio was deliberately left off to prevent s from knowing exactly what the teen said. My own belief is that it had to do with using a weapon of some sort as that is what would justify the actions taken, and, indeed, insist upon the actions taken.

As a teacher, I know you'll watch it a few more times to get an objective view and thank you ahead of time.

That would change things. Still, my school never had a "dean of security" or "security" period. By the time I got into high school, we were just starting to get a police officer. As in: one police officer who patrolled the school and responded to dangerous situations. I remember he was friendly and liked chatting with students in the hallways about, whatever. We didn't have GUARDS patrolling our hallways. Such an environment is, in my opinion, detrimental to productive learning...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It seems this child could have been restrained quite easily by the teacher in question. Where is the sympathy and compassion for the youth?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wizrd
It seems this child could have been restrained quite easily by the teacher in question. Where is the sympathy and compassion for the youth?

If it had been 20 years ago, I'd probably feel differently.... and I do have compassion for him, I just suspect that he's much more to blame than the news story is presenting. I've been in the mega-innercity schools and it's nothing like what it used to be and nothing like the smaller schools most of us are used to. There are some pretty hardcore things that go on in them.

The first time I watched the video, I thought it was excessive, and the second and third time... but I've watched it around a couple dozen times now and have focused on it a great deal. I watched it with the frame of mind of the student, then again with the frame of mind of the adult (who is actually the Dean of Security, the article says teacher, but they distorted that), again from the mindset of a witness and so on.

After watching it many, many times, I saw things I didn't see in the first few viewings like the adult not really "fighting" at all, but using his arms to keep his balance while keeping hold of the arm where he first took it, him not resisting or pushing or pulling when the teen was trying to tackle him and some of the other actions that initially looked like the adult was pushing, but later looked like the adult was doing nothing but holding on to the one spot and the teen was doing all the flailing around.

I can see how people would see it in the way that the article first indicates and would leave it at that after a single viewing, but with additional viewings, the perspective does change. It's very subtle and easy to jump to a conclusion if you're already expecting to see it as the adult being the aggressive one. After several views, it looks more that the adult isn't being agressive at all but the teen is.

Please, view it a few more times. It may change your mind or it may not, but it will help be more objective. Having audio would have helped very, very much.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I can see how people would see it in the way that the article first indicates and would leave it at that after a single viewing, but with additional viewings, the perspective does change. It's very subtle and easy to jump to a conclusion if you're already expecting to see it as the adult being the aggressive one. After several views, it looks more that the adult isn't being agressive at all but the teen is.

malarkey..I've watched it at least a dozen times..and my perspective does not change at all.

I can't personally understand after viewing it that many times how anyone could not see that it was the security officer who instigated the violence, by aggressively grabbing the boy, and continuing to shove him around until he fought back.

We don't get to see what he was doing to the boy as well, when he was down on the ground, but the other adult did come and touch the mans arm and back, seemingly to say "enough". It was at that point the child totally lost it and tried to fightback.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Also the woman who was at the first check point walks away when the security official grabs his arm and flings him around crashing him into the first desk.

After the slamming continues and there are two security on the boy, she touches their backs as well, and seems to point to the security cameras as if warning them that its gone too far, and its all on camera.

Thats just what it could seem like to me, but I can't say for sure, because there is no audio, or seeing it from another angle..but why would she bother to touch them when they are in the middle of a 'take down" in an aggressive manner?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

If you want to stick to your opinion, that's fine, but leave others to formulate their own.
I gave a second by second summation of my opinion of it, you had the same opportunity then backed out beccause you were afraid your opinion might be changed. That's on you, not anyone else.

You want to argue and that's about the sum of it, you can argue with someone else because it's clear you don't want to look at it objectively nor do you want to give anyone else the opportunity to do so.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This teachers salary is irrelevant, and none of our business.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

If you want to stick to your opinion, that's fine, but leave others to formulate their own.
I gave a second by second summation of my opinion of it, you had the same opportunity then backed out beccause you were afraid your opinion might be changed. That's on you, not anyone else.

You want to argue and that's about the sum of it, you can argue with someone else because it's clear you don't want to look at it objectively nor do you want to give anyone else the opportunity to do so.

It seems clear that you don't want to let me have my opinion after seeing this video at least 12 times, without a play by play summation. That's on you..

I was never afraid my opinion would be changed, and that's just another example of how you assume. How sad.

I have given key points about certain things happening, and because I have chosen not to get into a long time consuming process of the whole video via text, play by play, you accuse me of being afraid to change my mind?

I just don't like seeing your manipulation of others, when its quite clear what the video shows, without having to see it countless times, and reporting a play by play summation.

Your assumptions and twisting of the truth is as scary as this security guard to me, and it worries me for our youth when I see people in authoritative positions in schools have that attitude and mindset.
edit on 5-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The thing I find most entertaining about these accounts is that the offenders (in this case, the kid) are always portrayed as innocent victims. Wonderful little angels who never did anything wrong in their lives.
If 2 pictures are found of the kid, one where they look like a little darling, and one where they may be scowling, frowning or trying to look cool or tough, guess which one gets published?

Why not just Photoshop a halo around the kid's head?

I actually saw a story a while back that featured a 17-year old kid (probably a violent psychopath) who had been arrested for an extremely violent assault on a store clerk. The kid was stealing merchandise and when the clerk confronted them, the kid nearly beat them to death.

Reporters printed a photo of the kid in the newspaper. It was a couple years old. The kid was attending church wearing a Boy Scout uniform. The brat's grandmother said: "He's such a good boy.They must have done something to start it."

"They" must have done something

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I actually saw a story a while back that featured a 17-year old kid (probably a violent psychopath) who had been arrested for an extremely violent assault on a store clerk. The kid was stealing merchandise and when the clerk confronted them, the kid nearly beat them to death.

So because some kid was beaten to death by a 17 year old kid, and they showed a pic of him with a boy scout uniform on , this means that this kid must be a 'thug" and violent?

In the article given in the op, never is it mentioned that this was a "little angel", and the OP never implied that, as well as all the members who thought authorities had gone overboard in dealing with this situation.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join