It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC NEWS: Pupil's Blog On School Means Banned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Argyll and Bute, I think it is fair to say, isn't often in the news. But now local councillors have come up with a brilliant scheme to put their region in the west of Scotland on the map. They've reportedly banned a primary school pupil's blog. UPDATE 13:57 BST: The ban on Martha taking photographs of her school meals has since been lifted.

The blog in question is called NeverSeconds, and describes itself as "one primary school pupil's daily dose of school dinners". The idea is simple and brilliant. The author Martha, who calls herself "Veg", takes a picture of her meal each day and writes a review, coupled with a few thoughts about her day.

Very quickly, a community has grown around the blog, with other pupils from far and wide sending in pictures of their own meals. It has attracted attention from national newspapers and even from Jamie Oliver. But yesterday Martha was called out of a maths lesson and told that her blogging had to stop. The decision, according to her father, was not taken by the school, which has been very supportive, but by the Argyll and Bute council.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So this could be a case of Britain's nanny state overreaching its boundaries, but then again, maybe the ban was actually to increase viewership. I'm not sure which.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

That's really lame.

I'm not sure how the UK works though, what is this council? Is like the school board??

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
this was on ats a few days ago and since that happened the council have relented. she is now free to do what she wants.

uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com...
edit on 16-6-2012 by ladyteeny because: to add the link

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Already posted here 1 day ago, its a good thread
edit on 16-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join