It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Homophobia The Most Misused Term On The Face Of This Planet Used By The People?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I take offense to the word homophobia. It implies that normal folks are the ones with the problem.

2nd

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
I take offense to the word homophobia. It implies that normal folks are the ones with the problem.

2nd

I take offense to people saying they were "born that way" when there in no PROOF...not even scientifically. So, where do they come up with that COP-OUT? Most people don't even remember being born...let alone being born gay. PROVE IT!!!!!!

ETA: Homosexuality, these days, is just being USED, as another device, to destroy the family!
edit on 16-6-2012 by nuttin4nothin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I wouldn't call being gay a problem unless you make it a problem for you
to each their own is what I say, it's not my business what people do behind closed doors
But I don't like groups announcing their sexuality in public rallies either
But I guess that's a seesaw effect

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4nothin

2nd

I take offense to people saying they were "born that way" when there in no PROOF...not even scientifically. So, where do they come up with that COP-OUT? Most people don't even remember being born...let alone being born gay. PROVE IT!!!!!!

Actually there is plenty of scientific proof. It's just not as complicated as one might imagine.

Attraction is a chemical reaction in your brain, one you have no control over. A series of chemicals determines if you are attracted to male or females.

Are you willing to say that homosexuals CHOOSE who they are attracted to?

Scentifically speaking, that's your proof.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

2nd

Actually there is plenty of scientific proof. It's just not as complicated as one might imagine.

Attraction is a chemical reaction in your brain, one you have no control over. A series of chemicals determines if you are attracted to male or females.

Are you willing to say that homosexuals CHOOSE who they are attracted to?

Scentifically speaking, that's your proof.

~Tenth

That may be the case for adults...but..we're talking NEW BORN BABIES. I seriously doubt they have any kind of chemical reaction in their brains; considering their brains are still being developed. i said to PROVE homosexuals were BORN THAT WAY! After all...that IS their CLAIM!!!

And, i seriously doubt that AFTER they've tasted gay sex, it becomes a choice. They already made that choice! So, NO! They don't CHOOSE.....they've already CHOSEN.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4nothin

What you are stating doesn't make any sense. Your body doesn't care what kind of concious decisions you've made, if the chemical balance in your body makes you attracted to men vs women, than that's just what it is.

Born that way is a misnomer because children develop as they grow, doesn't matter if it finishes at 7 or 8 years old, it would still be "born that way" because the development of their chemicals and brain will end up being the same result.

Again, nobody can change the chemical make up of their body.

As for the gay sex thing, well that's just ignorant as hell.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Which in turn only proves that those saying what you just stated, are totally uninterested in following the science field on the matter, as the Biological causes on both Homosexuality aswell as other "conditions" such Transsexualism, have been both nown and proven during the last decade.

Gay Men Have Brains Similar to womens

The brains of gay men resemble those of straight women, according to research published today that provides more evidence of the role of biology in sexual orientation. Using brain-scanning equipment, researchers said they discovered similarities in the brain circuits that deal with language, perhaps explaining why homosexual men tend to outperform straight men on verbal skills tests -- as do heterosexual women. The area of the brain that processes emotions also looked much the same in gay men and straight women -- and both groups have higher rates of depressive disorders than heterosexual men, researchers said. The study in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, however, found that the brain similarities were not as close in the case of gay women and straight men. Previous studies have found evidence that sexual orientation is influenced by biological factors. More than a decade ago, neurobiologist Simon LeVay reported that a key area of the hypothalamus, a brain structure linked to sexual behavior, was smaller in homosexual men than in heterosexual men. The latest study, led by Dr. Ivanka Savic of the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, was significant in that it looked at areas of the brain that have nothing to do with sexual behavior, suggesting that there was a basic biological link between sexual orientation and a range of brain functions. "The question is, how far does it go?" said Dr. Eric Vilain, who studies human sexual development at UCLA and was not involved in the study. "In gay men, the brain is feminized. Is that limited to particular areas, or is the entire brain female-like?" Vilain said his hunch was that the entire brain was not feminized because "gay men have a number of masculine traits that are not present in women."

articles.latimes.com...

Other source on the same study;

Striking similarities between the brains of gay men and straight women have been discovered by neuroscientists, offering fresh evidence that sexual orientation is hardwired into our neural circuitry. Scans reveal homosexual men and heterosexual women have symmetrical brains, with the right and left hemispheres almost exactly the same size. Conversely, lesbians and straight men have asymmetrical brains, with the right hemisphere significantly larger than the left.
Scientists at the prestigious Stockholm Brain Institute in Sweden also found certain brain circuits linked to emotional responses were the same in gay men and straight women.
The findings, published tomorrow in the US journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, suggest the biological factors that influence sexual orientation - such as exposure to testosterone in the womb - may also shape the brain's anatomy.

www.guardian.co.uk...

There, proven. ##SNIPPED##.
edit on 16-6-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I view homosexuality the same way I view pedophilia and necropheliacism. I don't think anyone chooses to be attracted to the same sex, just as no one chooses to be attracted to children or corpses. They are medical/mental disorders that require treatment. But try telling that to someone who's "proud to be gay" in today's society and they'll tell you that it's the heterosexuals who are in need of a cure.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Nightchild

Is that HOGWASH...what you call "proof"? Take your DUNCE HAT off! I can provide you with 'proof' that says otherwise; SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING.

Yes, please do so, provide with those Scientific sources so that the readers of the thread might not automatically assume that you are a kid, which you, unfortunately and for the time being, gives very much the impression of being, speaking with caps locks and stuff.
By all means, take your time with your sources, I got time.

So, who's right and who's wrong? 1 minute, people are gay because it's "normal"; animals do it...so it MUST BE "normal". Now, it's because gay men have brains of a woman? Yeah well, that makes MUCH MORE SENSE.

Apparently, you have a very poor grasp of Neurobiology, and it seems that the reason for you reacting so emotionally to this topic, are 1; Your prejudice stated in the previous post was proven wrong, which made you flip and pissed you off as you now no longer have any excuse for your previously stated prejudice.

2. You are not really interested in the actual Science of the subject, which is shown by the fact that you, in the very same sentence about the Neurobiological results, starts rambling about your personal opinion of "Normal"; in other words, a text book-example of a person emotionally blinded by their biased feelings on the matter.
By the way, why is it that haters are always using caps locks and writes in brat-languague?

But see, here's where YOUR stupidity comes into play.........gay people can't RE-PRO-DUCE! In other words, you're USELESS!!!

Better tell my old boyfriend that had three children that they aren't really his, then.

As for being useless, you are of course only projecting now, and, not the least, using ad hominem, which is characterised as this;

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it.[1] Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as a logical fallacy,[2][3][4] more precisely an informal fallacy and an irrelevance

The description fits you to the point, congratulations.

Now, if your brain were BIGGER, you'd be able to see that! And, basically what's happening is this: horny calls, people answer. Problem is: your 1st sexual encounter means EVERYTHING. And, you know what, EVERYONE encounters a homosexual SPIRIT! Everyone gets, what Will Smith received. Why? Because the gay community feels straight people are twisted.

HOMOPHOBIA.......works both ways. You're homo-SEXUAL (get that?) and i'm homo-SAPIEN (understand that?)

Wait, are you saying that homosexuals do not belong to the Homo Sapiens?
Interesting. A true ATS-subject, I would say. Maybe, and while you are looking for those other Scientific Sources to disprove the above studies, you could find some Scientific proofs for that claim, too?

ETA: You're the perfect example of the "dumbing down of society".
edit on 16-6-2012 by nuttin4nothin because: (no reason given)

Atleast you are not shy to Self-deprecation.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Your post is full of spelling and grammar mistakes
Also self-irony is not a word

Not trying to attack you but just saying I had trouble reading your response
carry on

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Your post is full of spelling and grammar mistakes

Uhm, no it is not. If you believe that there are, please point the assumed errors out.

Also self-irony is not a word

I actually found amuch better andfitting word, thank you for inspoiring me.

Not trying to attack you but just saying I had trouble reading your response
carry on

It is a very old tactic, beginning an attempt to insult by saying "I do not try to insult/attack, but...".

See, if truly the only problem had truly been a matter of(Non-existing) misspelling, then you would have sent a PM about it and not try to use it as an attempt to belittle in a thread.
If you got any problem with the topic, it is much more honest to just say so directly in this thread

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Its right up there with "racist" and "nazi"

and

Anti semite.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I view homosexuality the same way I view pedophilia and necropheliacism. I don't think anyone chooses to be attracted to the same sex, just as no one chooses to be attracted to children or corpses. They are medical/mental disorders that require treatment. But try telling that to someone who's "proud to be gay" in today's society and they'll tell you that it's the heterosexuals who are in need of a cure.

Don't care what anyone says THIS is homophobic and wrong on many counts.
It is just as natural to be gay as hetro, tell me how are you going to treat people who are gay?
In fact don't even bother answering it is obvious to me many people in this thread ARE homophobic and frankly your not worth any more of my time.
edit on 16-6-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Don't care what anyone says THIS is homophobic and wrong on many counts.
It is just as natural to be gay as hetro, tell me how are you going to treat people who are gay?
In fact don't even bother answering it is obvious to me many people in this thread ARE homophobic and frankly your not worth any more of my time.
edit on 16-6-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Upsetting yes, the truth usually is. But wrong on many counts? How so? You do realize what our sexual organs were designed to do don't you? Just because someone was born gay doesn't mean it's natural. Would you say being born with down syndrome is natural? Are we not trying to cure down syndrome? Would you say that by trying to cure down syndrome, that I'm hating on people that have down syndrome? Does that make me down syndromaphobic?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I take offense to people saying they were "born that way" when there in no PROOF...not even scientifically.

I take offense to people saying that there is no proof that homosexuals are born that way.
There is plenty of scientific proof showing homosexuality in the animal kingdom.
Heck .. I had a couple of bi-sexual beta fish I could tell ya' about ...
Switch hitters .. when the boy beta wasn't around, the two girls were just as happy
rubbing on each other and going through the mating motions with each other.

IT HAPPENS.

Technically it's disfunctional because the function of animal sexual activity is procreation. Obviously homosexual activity means that the sex act doesn't fulfil that basic purpose that the human sex organs were designed for. But that aside ... chemicals are chemicals and peoples bodies react however the chemicals tell them to.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
who cares ,
if that what makes em happy so be it

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Define "natural".

reply to post by FlyersFan

I take offense that so many people are taking offense!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Side note - Natural

1. Present in or produced by nature: a natural pearl.
2. Of, relating to, or concerning nature: a natural environment.
3. Conforming to the usual or ordinary course of nature
a. Not acquired; inherent: Love of power is natural to some people.
b. Having a particular character by nature: a natural leader.
c. Biology Not produced or changed artificially; not conditioned
5. Characterized by spontaneity and freedom from artificiality, affectation, or inhibitions. See Synonyms at naive.
6. Not altered, treated, or disguised: natural coloring; natural produce.
7. Faithfully representing nature or life.
8. Expected and accepted: "In Willie's mind marriage remained the natural and logical sequence to love" (Duff Cooper).
9. Established by moral certainty or conviction: natural rights.
10. Being in a state regarded as primitive, uncivilized, or unregenerate

Let's see ... homosexuality.

1 - Present in or produced by nature. CHECK
2 - Concerning nature. CHECK
3 - Conforming to the ordinary course of nature. CHECK .. but also not check.
(disfunction of purpose of sexual organs)
4 - Inherent and not conditioned. CHECK... but also not check.
(last I read in my psychology books .. it could be both or either depending on the person)
5 - Freedom from artificiality. CHECK
6 - Not disguised. CHECK
7 - Faithfully representing nature or life. CHECK
8 - Expected and accepted. CHECK ... but also not check.
(many in society do not accept it)
9 - Established by moral certainty or conviction: natural rights. CHECK .. but also not check.
(Moral certainty or conviction can't be checked off but natural rights can be)
10 - Being in a state regarded as primitive, uncivilized, or unregenerate. I'll go with CHECK.
(because anything 'sexual' is primal)

All in all ... it'd say that homosexuality is overwhelmingly 'natural'.
Technically it's disfunctional because the sex organs aren't reproducing.
But ... it's natural ... IMHO.

edit on 6/16/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
All in all ... it'd say that homosexuality is overwhelmingly 'natural'.

Thank you, dear. Yeah, that's what I thought... I wonder why people say it's not natural.

Technically it's disfunctional because the sex organs aren't reproducing.

Hey, same here. My reproductive system hasn't worked for some time now, and I have NEVER successfully reproduced, but that doesn't stop me, if you know what I mean... Seems 100% natural to me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join