It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Black Panther leader Malik Shabazz threatens to burn Detroit down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

It'd only be considered a "hate crime" if violence or any actions taken were due to a direct result of the speech.

Other than that, it's still free speech.

Distasteful.
Hyperbole.
Rhetoric that has no place in society.

But still free speech.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
New Black Panther leader Malik Shabazz threatens to burn Detroit down

Angry over steps being taken due to a financial emergency in Detroit, New Black Panther Party leader Malik Shabazz (not to be confused with Malik Zulu Shabazz, national leader of the group) declared he would burn the city down.

"This is white on black crime," he said during public comment at the two hour meeting held Monday afternoon. "This is white supremacy. Before you can take over our city, we will burn it down," he added.

According to the Detroit Free Press, Shabazz was one of about 100 angry and defiant Detroiters who attended the meeting

The city is broke. It's on the edge of collapse. People are trying to make it work. But while in financial duress, the city simply can't function. The threat issued by Malik Shabazz is an incitement to riot and destroy public/private property which doesn't help the situation. With the hot summer months coming ... and the MSM hyping the Martin/Zimmerman situation ... this kind of inflammatory talk could easily cause massive problems. It's insane.

If you told everyone left living Detroit as well as helped them all out burned everything down and the fed paid for the rebuilding of and temporary housing would solve most of the city's major problems or at least financially

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
lol oh noes bye bye detriot

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Not much use. They would be burning hundreds of abondended, unwanted and empty houses. No one would care.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Wouldn't that be an improvement? I havea friend up there and he says 60% of the city is abandoned anyway.

Now that people have said it ... I'm wondering if they might be right.

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I live on the fringe of metro Detroit....

RED WINGS!!

It has been pointed out by DontTreadOnMe that this fella made the threat two months ago or so.
Either Shabazz is full of hot air or Detroit has appeased him in some way.
Or maybe they haven't run out of money yet ... and it's coming .. during the hot summer months.

Something to keep an eye on and remember ....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Let him do it, it will save taxpayers money in demo fees and will give Detroit a fresh chance to restart. A child with some dollar store fireworks can do the same job. Im going back to sleep.....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
Shockingly, Detroit is getting better. At least from what I have witnessed. It is cleaning up. Not as fast as we want it to, but it is cleaning up. I get to go there a few times a year and each time it gets less... Bad.

I think there are pockets getting better, but I don't think it's because of money or ... people doing less bad and more good.

I think you have more crime moving in to the surrounding areas as people are leaving the city.

In our area we saw it go from a nice quiet place to be to hell breaking loose. When 'we' are referred to in the news, we are referred to as "a Detroit suburb".

Also, my husband delivers to Chalmers and 94 on a regular basis and he has seen it get worse in terms of homeless people staking out their corners.
Charlie Leduff has been covering the ongoing violence that seems to be out of control..

Downtown itself, where our stadiums are and Hockeytown, I know people who both live and work there, their reports are that that area is nice. Safe.
Those aren't the areas that are in such disrepair. It's that which surrounds the downtown river front area, ya know, get out of downtown and it gets messed up.
edit on 14-6-2012 by SangriaRed because: edit of last sentence.

edit on 14-6-2012 by SangriaRed because: I did't have my coffee yet and needed to edit the link

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

WTH is wrong with people these days?
edit on 13-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Where do I start.....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Gee, here's an idea, how about you move? Detroit is a cesspool. But really if the Black Panther Party wants to burn it down go for it. They can steal the giant black power fist statue in the center of the city and take it with them. Black Power!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow, what an idiot.

Hey Shabazz or w/e your name is – don’t cross 8 mile; we have automatic rifles and most likely some have grenades buried in their backyards…

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
Wow, what an idiot.

Hey Shabazz or w/e your name is – don’t cross 8 mile; we have automatic rifles and most likely some have grenades buried in their backyards…

I don't get it. If anyone else said used this statement you would be arrested for terrorism for sure. Where is our Homeland Security? I mean how does this guy get away with this kind of stuff? Is he another Obama relative?

In the name of sanity how does someone like this get this far without being arrested by our government? Please tell me if anyone knows the answer.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dukesy

"Please tell me if anyone knows the answer." yes.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Yahoo News - Most Dangerous Cities in America

#2 - Detroit
#1 - Flint

Both in Michigan. Cut backs with police due to finances .. etc etc

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I have to say if I was a black man in 60s Amurika, I would have rioted too. But that was 50 years ago. So, if I follow, it's ok to hold those riots over the heads of African Americans, but trying to hold a president and party responsible for 6 years of nothing but looting this country and others is whining and living in the past, right?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So then you agree the federal government has the right to infiltrate and break up these groups whether they be white supremacists or black supremacists for the common good?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
edit on 17-6-2012 by lee anoma because: nevermind

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I hate to sound evil with this response

Shouldnt they allow him to do this.

Insure Detroit for all it is worth...

Then rebuild the whole city with the insurance money

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

"his own kind"
"his own kind"
"his own kind"

- (black)manhater

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

well that threat is not affecting my stock holdings of DTE:NYSE

the national guards remaing in the states which were not sent to foreign combat zones under the never-ending-terrorist-wars.... should be able to shoot residents---as many are not even citizens---
shoot 'em like the Kent State atrocity

i think theres a bunch of people swayed by evil persons

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Double

edit on 17-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join