It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 'BackGate'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hey!
This came up in my recommended video's on YouTube, and I thought i'll share with you guys see what you think!
Just click the youtube link when your on the page.

Area 51 - Backgate
edit on 8-6-2012 by owen1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by owen1337

Yup. Probably one of many gates into the area

Just don't step over the line, you WILL go to jail!!!

You want to know more there are tons of threds here and check out

Dreamland resort.com

Be safe people
edit on 8-6-2012 by viperdave because: Spelling error

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sure will do!
It's interesting though. Why does this one seem more secure than the main one people usually go and visit? Is it because its closer, or?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just following along the road....what's this...a landing zone?

maps.google.com...,-115.899079&num=1&t=k&sll=37.644672,-115.743645&sspn=0.017671,0.032015&gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=37.593917,-115.89911&s pn=0.002678,0.00773&z=18&iwloc=A

okay, that didn't work. follow the road northwest and you'll come to an interest triangle with concentric circles within.
edit on 6/8/2012 by km22453 because: (trying to get a picture to come up)

www.mmrvpark.com...
edit on 6/8/2012 by km22453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by owen1337
Sure will do!
It's interesting though. Why does this one seem more secure than the main one people usually go and visit? Is it because its closer, or?

I am unsure as to why you think this gate is "more secure" than the main gate, not a guard in sight at this gate, it looks to be automated.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Belive me, I have been there a few times. You are being watched as soon as you leave the pavement, there are cameras and ground sensors everywhere!! And the local sheriff is a vert tough dude, you screw around at any gate and put one toe over the line and he gets called, and if he's gotta come out there you are going to jail,, and if your stupid enough to run the gate with a car, you WILL be shot at!! They don't screw around out there

There is a ton of info at that website, you won't find any alien info it's not a UFO website just hard facts about the place

Take care and be safe

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Sure will do!

I am unsure as to why you think this gate is "more secure" than the main gate, not a guard in sight at this gate, it looks to be automated.

Well, the main gate which I come to think of it of has nothing but signs and warning signs. But that gate there at seems to have actual barriers, and structures, and cameras. I just don't understand why they have one more 'secure' than the other. I may be wrong in saying it's more secure though.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by km22453

Lots of wierd stuff out there.

Go south west of area 51 and you will find the Nevada test site where there were a bunch of nuclear tests. Tons of craters and wierd building in the foothils

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Sure will do!

Well, the main gate which I come to think of it of has nothing but signs and warning signs. But that gate there at seems to have actual barriers, and structures, and cameras. I just don't understand why they have one more 'secure' than the other. I may be wrong in saying it's more secure though.

The back gate is not more secure. The border on Groom Road is just a first line kind of thing with guards on the near by hill watching you, a mile or so in, behind the hills is a similar guard shack entry point as shown at the link below.
www.dreamlandresort.com...

There are similar guard shacks on each main road into Groom Lake.
edit on 6/8/2012 by DesertWatchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Hey!
This came up in my recommended video's on YouTube, and I thought i'll share with you guys see what you think!

Area 51 - Backgate

Op...can you at least give a,frigging description of what you are talking about, or what the video refers to?

And an opinion from YOU wouldn't hurt.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Hey!

Area 51 - Backgate

Op...can you at least give a,frigging description of what you are talking about, or what the video refers to?

And an opinion from YOU wouldn't hurt.

If you read thread, it would answer YOUR question.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.lazygranch.com...
www.lazygranch.com...

On the weekend, the back gate at times is not staffed. During the week, there is always someone on duty.

Security for the front gate and back gate is similar. The deal is at the back gate, you get to see/touch the barricades. At the front gate, in order to see the barricades you need to cross the border. If you climb Hawkeye Hill, then you can see the front gate guard shack.

These entrances have been documented for a long time. Both the Little Aleinn and Glenn Campbell's trailer (long gone) sold maps that had these gates on them.

A few years ago they added a tall camera tower to the front gate. You can see it from the parking area near the front gate from certain locations, and of course from Hawkeye Hill. The google earth coordinates are:
37.344188° -115.656890°

The front gate guard shack is located at:
37.346039° -115.659537°

There is an obvious path between the shack and the tower. As I have stated here many times, the desert doesn't heal. If you disturb the earth, you can see the effect for decades. Central Nevada doesn't have many sand drifts.

Hawkeye Hill is located at
37.347281° -115.646286°
The top of the hill is in free territory, but you need to be very careful getting there without crossing the border. Note that the cammo dudes will mess with your car as you do the hike. They will try the locks, so lock up.

The back gate is located at
37.594074° -115.898870°

There is a road the base uses when their vehicles approach from the north, located at
37.700278° -115.852247°

I suspect most of these vehicles are coming from the TTR. Looking at Google Earth, there isn't a direct way to get from the TTR to Groom Lake, so the vehicles exit the TTR using the Cedar Gate, head south on the ET highway, then take this dirt road to the back gate.

The Cedar Gate intersects the ET highway at
37.765930° -115.981361°
There is a road sign at the intersection labeled Cedar Gate. Since the TTR is only gray (not black), they can use signage.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Hey!

Area 51 - Backgate

Link is dead. Do you have an actual link for Youtube i.e. watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxxx

EDITED TO ADD:
I just got back from a trip down there, and visited a number of the lesser known "gates" into the range.
I will start a new thread once I get my videos edited.
edit on 9-6-2012 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

The page had a link to a youtube video. Since you have visited the range, there isn't much in this video to see. There is certainly no conspiracy uncovered by the video.

Visiting the remote gates is much more fun. The dudes have to drive there to do their snooping, or better yet, they need to send a chopper. The back gate has video up the wazoo, so even on weekends when at times it is not staffed, if you crossed the border they would cut you off way before you got to the base.

This entrance takes you past the alpha contaminated zone (Project 57 in Area 13), which is a radioactive hot spot.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry about that, my server had to be down for some maintenance. The link should be working now. If this forum had let me edit the post still, I would of edited the link to the youtube video.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I'm sorry about that, my server had to be down for some maintenance. The link should be working now. If this forum had let me edit the post still, I would of edited the link to the youtube video.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back gate. Yawn.

Here's a gate, I took this pic about 1 week ago.

37°30'22.28"N, 115°43'5.76"W
Had to use my quad to get to this one, and the cammo dudes didn't look too happen when I passed them on the way out. This is one of the Bald Mountain gates, so it is viewable from the camera's on Bald Mountain. So they knew I was on my way in there, long before I got there.
edit on 10-6-2012 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hmmm. Very interesting. S&F. thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The road looks like you could do it in a SUV. I haven't been to that gate, though I did hang a right and drive that north bound road that you used to get around the small hill nearby.

Note that your waypoint doesn't correspond to the border shown on the Garmin topo. The Garmin topo has been pretty accurate for border points in that area.

Looking at my waypoints, I take photos of Bald at
N37 29.513 W115 41.543
That lines up nicely with the border on the topo. Other spots that I have been to but don't use much is
N37 29.635 W115 42.082
and
N37 29.503 W115 40.406

For the last waypoint, they can't see you from Baldie due to the angle, but there is a panable camera mounted nearby. They don't move the camera often, but I was out there with two other vehicles once and they had to pan it to see all of us.

There are other spots where they can't see you due to terrain. You can leave a scanner on 1030MHz, AM mode if you can do it, and listen to the ATC interrogation frequency. When you can't hear it, you are blocked by terrain. Or you can just watch the golf ball on the mountain. The big one holds the ATC gear.

The dudes usually drive up from the guard shack on Savio. Sometimes they come up what I call main Black Tank Road. Garmin has Black Tank attached to a few side roads.

Garmin shows the roads as washes. They are somewhat decent dirt roads. Not as good as Black Tank, but not really challenging either. One driver had some trouble on Savio in a pickup with 2wd, but pickups have poor weight distribution. You do need some clearance (height) back there.

edit on 10-6-2012 by gariac because: typo

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I would just like to say that if the link in my post doesn't work, then just go here. It's the link from the forum I got it from.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

The road looks like you could do it in a SUV. I haven't been to that gate, though I did hang a right and drive that north bound road that you used to get around the small hill nearby.

I would suggest a 4WD SUV with some clearance. There were a few iffy spots. My vehicle was a Dodge Caravan minivan, so I was trying to be as careful as possible. Not somewhere I want to get stuck at. Parked here and rode in: 37°32'24.36"N, 115°40'44.31"W
Two gates here, visited both.

Note that your waypoint doesn't correspond to the border shown on the Garmin topo. The Garmin topo has been pretty accurate for border points in that area.

I pulled the coordinates off GE, not from my GPS. Umm, what Garmin topo are you referring to?
FYI, my Garmin Nuvi 255 actually shows most of these trails, as well as the border. I wouldn't trust it though...

Looking at my waypoints, I take photos of Bald at
N37 29.513 W115 41.543
That lines up nicely with the border on the topo. Other spots that I have been to but don't use much is
N37 29.635 W115 42.082
and
N37 29.503 W115 40.406

For the last waypoint, they can't see you from Baldie due to the angle, but there is a panable camera mounted nearby. They don't move the camera often, but I was out there with two other vehicles once and they had to pan it to see all of us.

These 4 gates, I have listed as Bald Mountain Gate(s) 1 - 4, and I didn't get to them. Somewhere along the way, my small emergency jerrycan of gas lost the bungy and bounced out of it's holder, and I had to backtrack to find it. Not that I really needed it, probably could have ran all day with what was in the tank, but I am extremely paranoid out there. Pisses me off, I have these gates on my bucket list, and STILL have not been to all of them.
37°29'38.06"N, 115°42'2.26"W
37°29'30.77"N, 115°41'32.73"W
37°29'30.77"N, 115°40'46.98"W
37°29'30.74"N, 115°40'24.69"W

There are other spots where they can't see you due to terrain. You can leave a scanner on 1030MHz, AM mode if you can do it, and listen to the ATC interrogation frequency. When you can't hear it, you are blocked by terrain. Or you can just watch the golf ball on the mountain. The big one holds the ATC gear.

The dudes usually drive up from the guard shack on Savio. Sometimes they come up what I call main Black Tank Road. Garmin has Black Tank attached to a few side roads.

Met them here on the way out:
37°32'37.33"N, 115°39'33.44"W
Waved to them, they both waved back. And the second time that day, I noticed a logo on the side of their truck but STILL was too preoccupied to try and get a pic of it, or at least see it.

Garmin shows the roads as washes. They are somewhat decent dirt roads. Not as good as Black Tank, but not really challenging either. One driver had some trouble on Savio in a pickup with 2wd, but pickups have poor weight distribution. You do need some clearance (height) back there.

Some day, I will be back there with a motorhome pulling a nice Jeep rigged up just for exploring those back roads. COME ON, Lotto!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join