It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investments in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why is it that we (Americans) invest so much amounts of money into China when our country is willing to aid Taiwan if it is attacked from China? If Taiwan is an allie of the U.S. why then are we investing such great sums of money into China? I see a double standard here.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
obviously U.S. will give up to support taiwan finally, now U.S. is trying to find a ladder. US could get much more benefit from mainland CHINA rathar than from tiny taiwan.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
because the capitalists can exploit a massive, well-educated, low-pay workforce that is under control from an oppressive government. It's all about the almighty $$$, that's why we are losing manufacturing jobs in the west because all our corporations are slapping us in the face and packing up to China.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
Why is it that we (Americans) invest so much amounts of money into China when our country is willing to aid Taiwan if it is attacked from China? If Taiwan is an allie of the U.S. why then are we investing such great sums of money into China? I see a double standard here.

those..[we (Americans)] you ask about...are free, individual, American citizens...able and willing to enter in contracts, buying-selling etc etc

fortunately up to now...we are not taught, restrained, forced to act within foreign policy guidelines (with certain exceptions)
we are allowed & permitted to create foreign or domestic enterprises, which are law abiding...

Is it ethical or practicle to make trade or create markets with a political antigonist regime...yes, of course, Until, in this case China-
becomes overbearing and brutal and results in being dis-favored nation
and all sorts of trade barriers are set up to prevent any american individual or corporation from doing business or investing in that nation.

neo-darwinism in the geo-political arena

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think this video sums of this problem pretty nicely:

premium.cnn.com...

Also more out sourcing in my home state Califonia:

premium.cnn.com...

[edit on 4-10-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
yesss.... and why is Prescott Bush the father (aka chairman) of the US-China Chamber of commerce?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceTman
yesss.... and why is Prescott Bush the father (aka chairman) of the US-China Chamber of commerce?

The same Prescott Bush who was dealing with the Nazis when the US entered WWII?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The americans invest so amounts capital into China is only because in China these capital can get more profits than other place. As about Taiwan, in my view, Unitestates is a great nation , they will not drift into the war of Taiwan and mainland.

new topics

top topics

join