It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bed Bug Pandemic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

Lol, I bet 99% of apartment infestations are due to used furniture. I have no way to know, but that's where I'd bet my money.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
soficrow
Thank you for this thread Ive never encountered these evil little bugs but they sound little and voracious..

I never realized they were such a huge problem all over the world..After reading your thread i went in and checked my bedroom and bed for blood spots and bugs didn't see any..

I hope i never get them i could see how it could literally could make your life a living hell i own a farm so this thread made me take notice to this problem..peace,sugarcookie1
S&F

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

S&F even though reading about it is making me itch all over.

There is a massive chronic outbreak where I live and because they are becoming reisistant to the chemicals used, they have begun to treat places with the 'cooking' method. This method works the best and I'm just happy that there is now a better option than chemicals. The cost of treating your apartment however is costly running anywhere from $1200.00 - $1700.00, but it kills every one of them and the eggs.

It is truly terrifying thinking that you can take one of these home without knowing, as they inconspicuously hitchhike and begin their take over. Give me a scorpion to play with any day instead.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Like I said, I had them in my suite and didn't even know...until the infestation was so bad and they started crawling everywhere.

itch itch. scratch scratch. Thinking I'll have nightmares tonight.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is what happens when we wash everything in cold water--all you get are clean bugs. No thanks to laundry detergent that works in all temperatures or people trying to conserve energy by not using hot water.

I remember when Cheer came out. It was advertised as "All TemperaCHEER". Before that, you could only wash certain things in cold water because the detergent didn't work.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

...Give me a scorpion to play with any day instead.

and thanks for the kudos. ....What grinds me is that international trade and travel are the reason bedbugs are back - but yet again, the poor are being blamed for causing bedbug outbreaks...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join