It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Don't worry I thought it was an amazing post!

edit on 16-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

I guess it would be to some types, especially if they are silly enough to actually believe all his posts

A rock star, a an armani model, with a side job as some undercover agent..

Its friggin hilarious, actually, how he has used this thread to promote himself.
edit on 16-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

awww, you have to give men their ego... besides... stuff like that sells in the smut books for a reason... women secretly LOVE it. So he is parroting what he knows sells. Big deal. You love it too or you wouldnt have freaked over his post!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Well...this is one of the Perks of being an ALPHA-MALE with a MASSIVE EGO....I may say things that others consider bragging....but I am able to back those words up....because I can do what i said I can do...and I don't have a need for others to believe it or not!

I know who and what I am....I know what I can or cannot do. I LOVE WOMEN and everything that comes with the package that is FEMALE...and I am not either fearful or hateful or have some need to get back at a Lady. In my opinion...the Majority...but not all...but the Majority of issues between Men and Women is a Mans misunderstanding of why a Woman is pissed off.

Women on the majority....need a few things from Men and when a Man does not provide these things...the Woman tends to react in a manner that infuriates Men. The KEY is for a Man to recognize the signals and provide what she needs. What she needs is very simple to provide...she wants to be LISTENED TO...which means...Men have to be quiet till she finishes....she needs to feel SAFE...she may not admit this...but I know it to be true...she needs to be able to hold her Man in High Respect....if she cannot...her built in instincts will Govern Her Actions and it will get messy.

A Man can provide these things EASILY...and a Man must understand that a Woman does not think like He does. Women should understand that Men tend to want to FIX things rather than DEBATE things but Women are not called the Fairer Sex for no reason. As TOUGH as MY Girl is...and as Intelligent as she is...she needs me to HUG when she has self doubt. I do not have the capacity for self doubt...but fortunately I do not have the capacity for Jealousy. I have always been of the concept...if I have to worry about my Woman being MINE...then she was never mine to begin with so time to move on.

Yes...I have a Massive EGO...but I have to have this for what I do. Both on stage...in the Board Room of the Companies....and in the Field where a MISTAKE has far greater consequences. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

awww, you have to give men their ego... besides... stuff like that sells in the smut books for a reason... women secretly LOVE it. So he is parroting what he knows sells. Big deal. You love it too or you wouldnt have freaked over his post!

pffft.. you don't speak for all woman..trust me on that.

I don't say things I don't mean..I'm a bit of an opinionated b**** that way

You can save your analysis for those that don't know any better.

The guys posts are a total turn off, full of ego, and I'm afraid way too much BS.

I personally know of guys just like this, and all the women with a head on their shoulders laugh at them.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

You are so there! You understand... awesome!

Star for you

by the way I am using you in my next short story... please U2U me with the name for you that you would like me to use... since my next story I need a man who can fight off angry mountain lions and a bobcat and protect the children, you appear the perfect character!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I will tell you this and you can check it by Googling my name Split Infinity. It was a few years ago and I was all work and I was driving myself nuts. A friend suggested that I go on a Web Board of topics that interest me. I went on the History Channel site and checked out the UFO posts...as the History Channel changed formats...I was invited to join a Private Board that was partially run by the Daughter of a Famous Man named T. Townsend Brown.

Brown was born in Zanesville, Ohio; his parents were Lewis K. and Mary Townsend Brown. In 1921, Brown discovered what was later called the Biefeld-Brown effect while experimenting with a Coolidge X-ray tube. This is a vacuum tube with two asymmetrical electrodes. Brown noticed that there was a force exerted by the tube when it was connected to a high-voltage source. This force was not caused by the X-rays, but instead was related to ionized particles created at the small (sharp) electrode and moving to the large (flatter) electrode. Later, in 1923, he collaborated with Paul Alfred Biefeld at Denison University, Granville, Ohio. He started a military career afterwards and was involved in a number of science programs.
In 1930 he joined the U.S. Navy and conducted fundamental research in electromagnetism, radiation, field physics, spectroscopy, gravity and other topics. He later worked for Glenn L. Martin and, still later, for the National Defense Research Committee (NDRC) and the Office of Scientific Research and Development, headed at that time by Dr. Vannevar Bush. After 1944 he worked as a consultant to the Lockheed-Vega Aircraft Corporation.

His Daughter Linda asked me to join this Board as I was growing wary of how people were participating on the HC Board. I joined and had many conversations about Physics which I am versed in and U.F.O's as well as an event known as THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT. This was an attempted to make a Navy Ship visually disapear. The experiment went bad and Sailors were found partially materialized within bulkheads and the ships deck...there were many deaths.

I stayed on this board for some time and after an event...came to be here. If you check out all my posts...you will see I have said the same thing about myself. The reason for this is because it is true. A sample of my Music is available on one of these boards...a song that we did not release in the 80's and it took a bit of legal to get it to be posted. i cannot reveal who I am. Continued.....Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Continued....I had to get cleared to even post but since I am older and they need me on occasion...I get a few perks. I come from a Military/"CIVILIAN" Family and I hope you understand what the quotes mean around "CIVILIAN" as this is what I am. My Dad was a Military Officer and my Mom was the "CIVILIAN" secretary for an Air Force General at a Massive SAC base with many B-52's and lots of Nukes.

NIXON went on TV and told the American People that there was only one war going on and that was in Vietnam...this was at the same time B-52's loaded with Conventional Bombs were leaving my Moms base to Covertly Bomb NVC Troop concentrations in LAOS and CAMBODIA because to travel down the Ho Chi Minh Trail was suicide as U.S. Intruders were bombing it night and day. This Covert War of these to Bombings of Laos and Cambodia were exclusively handled by B-52 Runs of which my Mom helped run both in integrating refueling times with KC-135's as the B-52's flew over the poles or on to Alaskan Airspace.

This is what I grew up into. As I turned 17 and back then we had to take several tests...the SAT's...an IQ...a Psych Test and a Social Test. We also had Military recruiters in our High Schools Guidance offices of ever Service's Branch. I scored very high on my SAT's...1540...IQ...174...12 points higher than Einsteins and my Psych test showed I had a certain...Moral Flexibility. This caused me to be pestered constantly by Military recruiters. I was also playing in a band and we were very good.

I was RESCUED BY "UNCLE" who allowed me to get a Degree...Record and Tour with a now Signed Band....and as part of the deal...I was Trained and my first JOB was teaching Winter Survival as I had done this before as a member of the Adult Staff of a Scout Camp. I taught Winter Survival, Ocean, Jungle, Arctic and Desert survival as I was trained to train others. I also had something that "UNCLE" needed...a Trained "CIVILIAN" who could tour Internationally and get into countries that another American traveling to would cause issues.

I would take brakes and during these brakes I would help run my Families Companies as I had been helping out since I was just a kid. My Band did very well in the 80's and I became wealthy. I still record as I have just finished a new CD that took a bit longer than normal as I was reunited with my original drummer. He is World Class.

I am older now but am still called on to do JOB's and I have to stay in top shape to keep up with the 20 Somethings that are my Team. I have been all over the Globe. As part of my deal with "UNCLE" I am brought in as a last resort as a Problem Solver and if I do my job right...everyone goes home safe. Once I made a mistake and I should have seen it coming...but I didn't and was shot at close rage several times in the chest. I lived only because of an advanced light weight vest but because of the close proximity...there was ballistic penetration. I fell on my side and asked for my Rifle...used a team mates body part for balance and ended the threat. This will NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

In a weird way, I am finding him kind of hot.

Back on topic.

I believe the pay gap exists because women tend not to ask for more.

I learned to negotiate hard on salary when landing jobs. It worked.

I llearned to sell my achievements. I learned to self congratulate.

Not taking the first offer, playing the counter offer. Moving jobs when the boredom struck. Being tough, decisive and numbers oriented changed how I was perceived in the workplace. Not taking any sh&t. Being direct and directive.

Leaving no one in any doubt, that in my domain of expertise I am the leader.

It's not my natural style, I would like to be collaborative and focus on teamwork and fair reward, but it's gotten me nowhere but sidelined.

I learned the hard way. And changed my approach.

Women need to stop being compliant in the workplace, thinking its a meritocracy, because it's not.

The boys club does exist, but we can break it slowly by getting up there and showing our smarts.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

I very much agree with what you said, when we speak up for ourselves, learn to become dominant in the workforce we get much farther much faster and are appreciated much more, which includes financially. It is that men are usually the dominant ones, we just have to take on a different attitude and approach when it comes to the workplace.

At home is a different story... but I have recently become a serious advocate of pretty needs to keep their mouth shut while they are ahead (which applies equally to all sexes!)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Your appeal to ignorance is noted.

However, just to help you along..

A Case for Equality

by Furbs

During a recent exchange with a member of AboveTopSecret, I posted some numbers from a website called indeed.com about discrepancies in pay. The user feigned ignorance about how to use the site and ever having heard of the site and objected to it's use as a source for information. Multiple confirmations about the usefulness of the site as well as it's all encompassing nature in the realm of job and salary related statistics can be found below.

Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 60 million unique visitors and 1 billion job searches per month. Indeed is available in more than 50 countries and 26 languages, covering 94% of global GDP.

www.indeed.com...
sources
venturebeat.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
sfagte.com...
lifehacker.com...
www.statesman.com...
techcrunch.com...

There is little denying indeed's expertise and relevance to the job and salary scene worldwide.

The Claim

Originally posted by mayertuck
How many male daycare workers, teachers are there. It is interesting that it is never brought up in female dominated fields how females get paid more than their male counterparts.

Female teachers and daycare workers get paid more than their male counterparts. But is this true? This is what I wanted to find out. So I did some digging and came up with the self reported indexes of the above mentioned indeed.com. Indeed pointed to a figure that looked like this.

Male High School Teacher 44,000 a year

Female High School Teacher 40,000 a year

According to Indeed, women make 90.9% of the salary men make in the same position nationwide. This is not high school principles reporting themselves as teachers. These are statistics gathered from self-identified High School Teachers.

Now, granted, this is self reporting. However, nothing seems to indicate that men self report more or less than women. Nor is there any statistical reason to believe these numbers aren't at least close to be accurate.

Okay, but this is self reporting. Anyone can simply say that they make more or less to skew the stats! I agree, which is why I did more digging and found the Bureau of Labor Statistics information on the subject. These guys take their information from the tax man, and let me tell you, the IRS likes to know how much everyone is making, so if anyone is going to know, it's them.

When I looked at the information provided, (now.. granted.. this information is 2010, so there might be some difference in 2 years, but I am not expecting the updated numbers to be all that different), we see the following:

www.bls.gov...

What is interesting about the statistics here and on indeed is that they are both within the margin of error for each other, even though the totals themselves are different. These are not totals that include administrators or janitors into the calculations, these are teachers.

As you can see, the indeed.com numbers were fairly accurate in their accounting of the percentage of difference in the incomes of male vs. female teachers. I can do the same with childcare, as they are in the same report, but I will leave that to you to discover on your own.

edit on 16-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Thanks. Women do need to shake off their culture conditioned attitudes. No amount of legislation will combat that.

I work hard. I focus on what will add value to the company and that gets me noticed.

I also have changed my language etc. I am now 40- so I am no longer the breathy beauty that men wanted around to look at. If I did not change, I'd be sidelined into admin by age 50.

I live with an ultra alpha male. Ex SF. Trained killer, all of that.

He's pretty manly.

However, inside he's hugely soft. An awesome and loving and kind man. And he doesn't mind showing it.

He's taught me a lot. And I him.

We are a great team.

People seem to forget that gender relationships are better because of the differences.

But in the boardroom - you need to think like a man.
edit on 16-6-2012 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
JESUS CHRIST!

The super soldiers and super sekrit double-nought spies what not around here are scaring the living bejesus outta me!

If y'all don't mind, I'm gonna curl up in a fetal position in the corner and whimper a while - I'll try and do it quietly, but I thought I'd damned well better ask permission first!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I have a question for you. Does your Man ever have nightmares or is he able to cope?
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
There are things a Woman can do that I cannot and things I can do that a Woman cannot. There is no true equality. But that doesn't mean there should not be respect.

Mind giving examples of a few of the things you can do that a woman cannot?

I can ejaculate sperm.

Wow. Right out of the gate. So you have managed to provide the one thing a man can do that a woman cannot. Nicely done. However.. women can ejaculate. She just doesn't do so with sperm.

I can dead lift over 400 lbs....

That's pretty impressive. Becca Swanson has a deadlift of over 600 lbs.
en.wikipedia.org...

I can hold by breath because of my larger lug capacity for over 3 minutes.

Not bad.. Karol Meyer can do it for over 18 minutes.
en.wikipedia.org...

I can touch my eye brow with the tip of my tongue....

Did a quick search, couldn't find a pic of a woman that could, but I'm willing to entertain the idea that it could happen.

I can grow a beard...although I suppose some women could....

Not much to say here.

I can fight up to 5 Men and win.

Yeah.. it's starting to get deep in here..

I can move my ADAMS APPLE....

Congrats! That makes you a -human-. Yup, everyone has them.
en.wikipedia.org...

I can...without the aid of any float...swim down without SCUBA to a depth of 75 feet and bring up a Iron weight that is 40 lbs to the surface and tread water while holding it....

Whoa! That is almost 80 feet! Natalia Molchanova does that too, only she goes 200 feet.

en.wikipedia.org...

I will not go into Mental aspects as these things are on average but I have the ability to KILL without compunction or remorse.

What a great thing to brag about. Are you this ghastly?
listverse.com...
Some pretty brutal women in there.

I can survive for a longer period in Cold Water....

Not a measurable feat.

I have unbelievable endurance and I know their are Female Marathon Runners but my endurance can cross many different physical acts and is not confined to one specialized skill...

What is your Triathlon time? Sarah Reinertsen did it in 15 hours, with one leg.

en.wikipedia.org...

because of my Skeletal Structure....I can survive great force applied to my body....because of my muscle density as well as it covering vital organs...I can survive a blow by either accident or purpose....

Nothing measurable here.

I can hit a woman's G-Spot....

Yeah, and no women know how to touch another woman's G-Spot.. they own the equipment, you are only renting it.

I can command and control others actions by just existing....

The delusions of grandeur are in full force now.

I can sing in Tenor, Baritone or even a bit of BASS...

My partner has a 4 and a half octave range.

I can OVERHAND THROW a Baseball at a speed of 92 mph...but not anymore....

So you actually cant... but just to entertain the notion.. Joan Joyce was clocked at 118.
sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

I can say things that only a MAN can say to a WOMAN that is Hetero...that will comfort her

Like.. "I'm sorry I'm such a sexist?"

and I can NOT EVER be a MAN that PUNCHES A WOMAN....if so needed on a job...I will shoot one...but NEVER WILL I PUNCH ONE! Split Infinity

Well, that is something a woman has on you then, because I have seen many women punch both men and women.
edit on 16-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

The testosterone is getting pretty deep, and I can't even swim...

Note on The Nightmares - they get easier and less frequent over time. Only certified Psychopaths never have them, but normal Super Soldiers learn to cope. They can be directed and controlled while they're going on with a little practice. If you have 'em, you'll practice.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

In my Family's companies a person is promoted on merit...I make sure sex has nothing to do with it. There are some issues though. Some of the Companies we supply equipment to are still in a GOOD O'LE BOY mindset and a Woman who I think very highly of was not getting the job done despite her skills.

Now some might say this was not her fault but in the Business World...you either adjust to rapid changes or loose out. I had to switch her to different companies in which to deal with. The Good old Boy Company as a VERY LARGE ACCOUNT and she took exception to my decision.

I sat her down and laid it out. I told her...there can be no excuses. If you want to be paid and treated like a Man then you must take control like a Man. I hated doing that to her...but she needed to understand that things are NOT EQUAL and the only thing that is important is the BOTTOM LINE! I then visited the Company and talked to the Father and Son who ran it as it was a Private Company. They know a bit more about me than others as the Old Man has connections with "UNCLE" as he supplied "UNCLE" some needed materials that had to be off the Books due to the use and the very nature of their use.

I told him...I was sending her in again a second time and I did not ask but TOLD HIM...to treat her like anyone else I have ever sent. I also gave him the option that if after this second attempt he was not satisfied with her skills...I would cancel the account and knock 20% off the last months invoice Bill.

He looked at me and knew as I did that he NEEDED ME and my company...he agreed. She went back in and things went well. I sat her down again and told her why...she was furious! I again laid it out for her. I told her...I did this not for her but for the Old Man as I knew that he was the type that would not easily change and loose Money rather than to do so. I did this because he served this country and he deserved respect...but he also needed a wake up call.

I explained to him that the World Was changing...and that Women in Sales can be very profitable as well as it has been shown that Hispanics tend to feel more comfortable around female sales personel at this level. He also went along with it because I told him to and I made this clear to my Female Employee.

Ever since...she has increased sales profit by 32%. Very good indeed. But I also told her...MAKE NO MISTAKE! This happened because I MADE IT HAPPEN! And it is important to understand that you...ie...she...does not take offense or let her EGO get in the way of THE BOTTOM LINE! Women should not be offended to ask for help in regard to this kind of Male Controlled opening of doors.

By the way...RULE #1 in Business...never sleep with an employee! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Hey...you asked! As far as fighting 5 Men...I have told people so it is no secret...that I live in Western Mass. I have a friend who has a Martial Arts Studio near me....he teaches BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU....his name is GABRIEL GONZAGA. And he was World Champ for a time. I spar with him. He participates in one of my Charities where 100% of the proceeds goes to KIDS as it is a program to establish a relationship between the Kids and the Business owners as well as building something together. We concrete 4 Large Christmas Trees for the town and we provide Wooden Balls to the 4 Elementary Schools art dept. where they turn the balls into Tree Ornaments. We have to use Douglas Fir as other wood splits in the cold and these all must be hand leathed and there are 100 per tree so it costs a bit.
The kids come down to the intersection where each corner has a tree and they decorate them...we provide red velvet bows and 1200 Pro Lights per tree. After...we have a hall where the business owners provide Pizza, Soda and Milk, Ice Cream...candy...a D.J....MY BAND and a few other International Artists who show up because I ask them to. The program of which I am the Chairman gives Kids a sense of accomplishment as well as gets them to know the Business people...Vandalism has dropped to near ZERO as we have been doing this for years and Gabriel comes over and with a few other guy's puts on a demonstration. We have this going on with different demo's like Firemen showing how to run a Robot into a burning building and other constructive things.

When I first asked Gabriel to donate...as well as do a demo...he agreed as long as I would spar with him on the Mat as he wanted me to join. We went at it...and I got him really good with a hold...and I KNOW it must have hurt like Hell...he took exception and got me back...after a few more of those...we decided that we would go easy as He had fights schedule and didn't want to get hurt...neither did I....but I am of that caliber of Training and I do it for REAL. I like to learn new forms of Martial Arts and this one has some very interesting holds and moves.
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join