It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fart joke leads to college student being arrested and charged

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SproutKY
Is it normal for people to be extremely abrasive or is that out of the ordinary?

It happens sometimes. We feel strongly about something and sometimes our posts reflect that sensitivity. Just got to try and not take certain things personally.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by SproutKY
Is it normal for people to be extremely abrasive or is that out of the ordinary?

It happens sometimes. We feel strongly about something and sometimes our posts reflect that sensitivity. Just got to try and not take certain things personally.

Gotcha. I greatly admire your patience!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

the cause of this fellows problems
[and going by just the 1st page]

is READING COMPREHENSION

"I passed a bomb in the library."

not I PUT a bomb in the library
not I PLACED a bomb in the library
not I SET a bomb in the library

PASSED
meaning that he walked by a bomb

or the so called "BOMB" was a large volume of gas
or a Large Load

the utter stupidity...:shk:

had a police officer or any other security apparatchik
insisted on playing stupid with me

cause that's what's really going on here,
either that or apparently the LEO's and related in this case ARE THAT STUPID,
and because of THEIR Stupidity and that of the POS that called them

this kid is now enjoying jailtime
because the "stupid" authorities refuse to punish their snitch for generating a FALSE ALARM
and simply pass it on this kid

cause he "made a fool out of them"

which in my opinion they were doing a fine job of themselves.

and you bet i'd have called them out and refused to be arrested if it had happened to me

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I had a friend who went to jail for several years because he ran into a bank with a stick in his hand and said "this is a stick up"

he thought it was funny...no one else did

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Educators are the most pathetic bedraggled bunch of excuses for humanity ive ever met as a rule....
This utterly literal attitude is the kind of stupidity that only they are capable of attaining....
The kids a kid! there was no bomb!
eff off and leave him alone!
People need to have a wake up call or the herd needs thinning .....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Educators are the most pathetic bedraggled bunch of excuses for humanity ive ever met as a rule....

In other words, you dropped out of school but need somebody to blame so it's all the teacher's fault that you were too lazy to do the work?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Star for you, you are perceptive....

it would be different if it was left on a desk or posted to a window but it was written on TP and left in the stall...

Some of us can see this was just a crap message..........

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

It does not say anywhere that he PUT a bomb in the library as you so put it. You claim you read this twice? Better take a third reading. It says that he said he passed a bomb in the library. So if you want to take it literally then it sounds like he was walking through the library and saw a bomb there. Still a far cry from having put one there himself. As for the use of bomb...people have been saying stuff like "Dude that was the bomb" etc, for years. This story is utterly insane and so is anyone that thinks he deserved this.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Public service announcement!

For your safety and freedom, please refrain from the other following sayings:

That new (insert item) is the bomb!

and

Man, I really bombed that test!

Legal disclaimer. The use of the word bomb in the following post is not a call or indicator of any type of violence and/or terrorism. The following post is purely satirical in nature. Any alarm, feeling of unease or panic is not intended and feelings of such is purely the fault of the reader who, by reading this post, absolves the poster of any and all responsibility.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Zakaris because: Formatting

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Are we now returned to our regular scheduled farting....errr... programming?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Let's chalk this up to a LEARNING EXPERIENCE. In today's day and age (school shootings and other plots), there are certain things NO ONE should say. This isn't about freedom of speech. There are just certain words and phrases that people should not use. "Bomb" might be one of them? Unless you're using "bomb" in the form of (for example) "You're the BOMB!!!", a person probably should not use that term in schools, airports and military bases. Sure, you can say the word. It's your right. However, since bombs and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) have been used to slay many people, don't expect that others around you will ignore the fact that you used that word ("bomb").

We are intelligent beings (some of us). Describe your gas-passing as something other than a "bomb," ---especially if you are on or near a school, military base and/or airport.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Let's chalk this up to a LEARNING EXPERIENCE. In today's day and age (school shootings and other plots), there are certain things NO ONE should say. This isn't about freedom of speech. There are just certain words and phrases that people should not use. "Bomb" might be one of them? Unless you're using "bomb" in the form of (for example) "You're the BOMB!!!", a person probably should not use that term in schools, airports and military bases. Sure, you can say the word. It's your right. However, since bombs and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) have been used to slay many people, don't expect that others around you will ignore the fact that you used that word ("bomb").

We are intelligent beings (some of us). Describe your gas-passing as something other than a "bomb," ---especially if you are on or near a school, military base and/or airport.

Much like the older saying of being entitled to free speech but it doesn't mean you're allowed to shout "fire" in a packed theater.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
This utterly literal attitude is the kind of stupidity that only they are capable of attaining....
The kids a kid! there was no bomb!
eff off and leave him alone!
People need to have a wake up call or the herd needs thinning .....

Never mind.
edit on 28-5-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by truseattleite
reply to post by smyleegrl

It does not say anywhere that he PUT a bomb in the library as you so put it. You claim you read this twice? Better take a third reading. It says that he said he passed a bomb in the library. So if you want to take it literally then it sounds like he was walking through the library and saw a bomb there. Still a far cry from having put one there himself. As for the use of bomb...people have been saying stuff like "Dude that was the bomb" etc, for years. This story is utterly insane and so is anyone that thinks he deserved this.

He left a written message about a bomb. If you can't see why that might cant worry someone, then I give up.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well, ATS. This has been a real learning experience. Offer a dissenting opinion and heads will roll.

Let's be clear. This 19 year old man LEFT A NOTE about a bomb. I'm sure he thought it hilarious and intended it to simply be a joke. But the realities of our society are such that people take these things seriously. Therefore, the police were called and they took it from there.

But you know what...it's obvious that both sides have formed an opinion and are unlikely to change. That's fine and dandy. I'm not going to waste my time beating a dead horse.

So I give up. It's just not worth it.

Have a happy Memorial Day to you all.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This nanny state nation is going to hell in a hand basket.

I've been interrogated because a crazy teacher had a mental break down and fixated on me; thought I was trying to kill her and blow the school up to cover my tracks.
I wasn't I was a freshman I was trying not to make waves as I was nervous being a first time freshman.

They bomb swept the building on at least 3 separate occasions.
The last few weeks of school she had armed police guarding her.
Interrogated me several times.
I was scared to death.

Finally on the last day of school when she broke down in tears for no reason and started ranting the armed guards radioed in and left.
On the way out one of them looked at me and said you behave.

WTF! they saw that she was crazy and they still made remarks to me?

Is there danger in our day to day lives yes.
Should this guy have made a joke, no but who cares it was a joke.

Honestly we aren't going to be able to say anything at all eventually.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There has been some discussion of the propriety of charging the young man. A quick look at Mississippi's laws gives: (Heck, I forgot to copy the link, forgive me.)
Making a terrorist threat, penalty.

574.115. 1. A person commits the crime of making a terrorist threat if such person communicates a threat to cause an incident or condition involving danger to life, communicates a knowingly false report of an incident or condition involving danger to life, or knowingly causes a false belief or fear that an incident has occurred or that a condition exists involving danger to life:

(1) With the purpose of frightening ten or more people;

(2) With the purpose of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closureof any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly orfacility of transportation; or

(3) With reckless disregard of the risk of causing the evacuation,quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure,place of assembly or facility of transportation; or

(4) With criminal negligence with regard to the risk of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation.

2. Making a terrorist threat is a class C felony unless committed under subdivision (3) of subsection 1 of this section in which case it is a class D felony or unless committed under subdivision (4) of subsection 1 of this section in which case it is a class A misdemeanor.

3. For the purpose of this section, "threat" includes an express or implied threat.

4. A person who acts in good faith with the purpose to prevent harm does not commit a crime pursuant to this section. (Empasis added)
Just my opinion, but it sounds like there is a reasonable case for saying probable cause for the arrest exists. He might not be convicted, but it wasn't a crazy overreach by the police. Isn't he saying, at least, "I know there is a bomb in the library because I went past it?"

XL5

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well, thank god he didn't say he passed "gas" in the library. Oh dear lord it could have been the deadly VX nerve gas!

I once told a kid in HS that I know how to make home made firecrackers, then, in the simple mind of an art teacher, it turned into a plot that would have blown up the entire school. Sure, like I have C4 or ANFO and a truck to transport it all.

Too bad he didn't write " I have released hydrogen sulfide in the library and I am producing more at this very moment, when it goes off, there will not be anyone left in the room!".

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

All of you who are sticking up for this "terrorist", under the new NDAA can and will be arrested and detained indefinately for sypathizing with a known terrorist!!!!

After all, Uncle Janet Nappytano has said it is our duty as American citizens, if we see something say something!!! The student who found the note and the teachers who notified authorities were only doing their country a favor by turning them in!

WOW, has the fear campaign sunken in and taken root!

Next thing ya know, the TSA will roll out a new invasive search because Al CIAda has invented a new FART BOMB that can gas up a whole airplane and make people turn green!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It is a shame what fear has accomplished in this country, no not just the country, but the entire world. This is what those in power want, to manipulate the public through fear, and this is the result of that manipulation. Freedom of speech, freedom of expression are slowly becoming a thing of the past.

Unless humanity awakens from this illusion of fear, things will only get worse. Time to wake up people. because the fact is, you are creating your own nightmare by letting fear take over.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join