It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five reasons why gay marriage is a basic, conservative value

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Yes it is an issue (too the gay community) and not me because I chose to be straight and I'm proud of it. If they want to fight for the right to marry each other, then fine they can knock themselves out, but really do they think straight people are going to join their march for marriage? Instead of marching on government grounds, why don't they take a trip to the Vatican? When it comes down to it, they are the ones who disagree with it because their fairytale says so.

This issue is a joke. Do they actually think they are hard done by or something? It wasn't long ago you were beaten for even looking gay. They should be happy with what they have instead of worrying about a piece of paper that confirms it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SedatedSon
reply to post by kaylaluv

Yes it is an issue (too the gay community) and not me because I chose to be straight and I'm proud of it. If they want to fight for the right to marry each other, then fine they can knock themselves out, but really do they think straight people are going to join their march for marriage? Instead of marching on government grounds, why don't they take a trip to the Vatican? When it comes down to it, they are the ones who disagree with it because their fairytale says so.

This issue is a joke. Do they actually think they are hard done by or something? It wasn't long ago you were beaten for even looking gay. They should be happy with what they have instead of worrying about a piece of paper that confirms it.

So you're saying you have homosexual tendancies but "chose to be straight and proud of it"? In order to make a choice, there has to be options, and you're saying that you chose, so... how do you go about supressing the homosexual tendancies you have? What are the traits that interest you sexually in your same gender? How long have you felt this way?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I chose to be straight and I'm proud of it.

You CHOOSE to be straight?

Can you please elaborate on that?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

So you're saying you have homosexual tendancies but "chose to be straight and proud of it"? In order to make a choice, there has to be options, and you're saying that you chose, so... how do you go about supressing the homosexual tendancies you have? What are the traits that interest you sexually in your same gender? How long have you felt this way?

Where do I say I have "homosexual tendancies"??? Point it out for me. I disagree with gay marriage and homosexuality but it is NOT my choice to decide for them also. If they want to marry each other "legally" then they can fight for that on their own as it does not concern me, my immediate family. Who knows, if my daughters become lesbians then I might change my mind (a little bit). Apart from that Homosexuals are on their own from my point of view, it is not a straight persons battle and thats the way it should be. Again March to the Vatican and see how well they get treated, it would be a laugh.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I chose to be normal, have kids with my wife and try to raise a normal family.

So - you are Homosexual choosing to live as a Heterosexual.

I don't consider that normal at all.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Where do I say I have "homosexual tendancies"??? Point it out for me. I disagree with gay marriage and homosexuality but it is NOT my choice to decide for them also. If they want to marry each other "legally" then they can fight for that on their own as it does not concern me, my immediate family. Who knows, if my daughters become lesbians then I might change my mind (a little bit). Apart from that Homosexuals are on their own from my point of view, it is not a straight persons battle and thats the way it should be. Again March to the Vatican and see how well they get treated, it would be a laugh.

You said you CHOSE to be straight and in order for a choice to take place, there have to be options to choose from...therefore, you had sexual tendancies toward either gender, it's the only answer. You chose to be straight and ignore your homosexual tendancies so I'm asking how you go about it, what interests you in the same gender and how long you've noticed them. It's pretty straight forward.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
so two men or two women can't choose to be "normal" and live together and have children? I see them do it all the time. ... that must mean that homosexuality is "normal" correct?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Normal = Man/Woman, its sort of like Negative/Positive, a bit of both seems to work pretty good and also attracts to each other. Then we have Man/Man, Negative/Negative, Woman/Woman, Positive/Positive, we know what happens there, it doesn't work properly and will most likely repel. In the case of humans, we are slowly moving away from a true balance whilst head (snip) our children in the meantime. If this becomes a craze, we as a species will begin to repel (move away from our true selves) but if you want test tube babies and homosexuals to rule the planet, I won't be here to see it so I don't really care. You know I'm tagging you along don't you?

I have dated a lesbian, she was a very nice person and we are still friends. My wife has gay friends and they are nice people. They chose to be who they are and I respect that 100%, but that not mean I agree with them and as long as they keep there homosexual habits to themselves, I am fine with them. But marriage is pushing the issue on so many levels and that is why we are here discussing it. I do not believe it is right but that is just me.

Now i know you are going to throw another stupid question out there to prove that I am a homosexual or something like that so I will answer you in advance. I did not choose to like women, I was brought up and taught by my wonderful parents that a man and a woman are the right chemistry. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors Please Review This Link.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
People make choices based upon desire.

Would any of you straight guys make the choice to put a penis in your mouth?

Why don't you ask yourself why some guys would?

God made them gay, why do you hate god?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
so you were only taught to like women but you prefer men so you had to choose?
Is that what you're trying to say because it still isn't clear. If you chose, there had to be options, if you had to be taught a particular way, then there were other tendancies present.... so even though you have the homosexual tendancies, you are choosing to go by what your parents taught you and ignore the tendancies?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner
People make choices based upon desire.

Would any of you straight guys make the choice to put a penis in your mouth?

Why don't you ask yourself why some guys would?

God made them gay, why do you hate god?

Straightforward and logical, makes perfect sense!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I was brought up and taught by my wonderful parents that a man and a woman are the right chemistry. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sir,

Being taught by your parents have nothing to do with who you are attracted to.

I could have been lock in a cave totally alone until I was 18 and came out of that cave in

love with women.

Tell me?

Could your parents have convinced you to make out with men? Serious Question

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If the same genders were meant to be together then there would only be one gender. Its as simple as that and if you cannot see that like most people, then I feel sorry for you whether you ae a homosexual activist or not.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

If the same genders were meant to be together then there would only be one gender. Its as simple as that and if you cannot see that like most people, then I feel sorry for you whether you ae a homosexual activist or not.

It seems pretty clear that more than a couple people have different desires -

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Can you explain the homosexual behaviors in the animal kingdom where parents don't "teach them" what to do??

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

They can choose what ever they like, I really don't care. They can fight for what ever they like, I still don't really care, They can adopt, kidnap, change sex, make babies out there arses, I don't care, I do not agree with it, but It is their choice. I will not support it, I will not become an activist for it, I will sit here and watch the government turn it down and then maybe one day I will get a shock and it will be legal., I still won't care, It does not concern me and I'm sorry if it makes them cry because they cannot get a piece of paper that states they are together forever. I can and did, I don't care. Morals, Values, anything else, it is up to them and I will not fight for them. Maybe they will start setting themselves on fire like the tibetans to show how angry they are they cant get there way, I do not know. There are more important ssues than this and again, I do not give a (snip).

I love my daughters and the WOMAN who created the naturally, done it the hard way, suffered for me and my girls. (snip)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory Please Review This Link.

edit on 4-6-2012 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
If someone really didn't care one way or another, why would they come here to post about it

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

reply to post by Annee

Can you explain the homosexual behaviors in the animal kingdom where parents don't "teach them" what to do??

Many animals eat their young.
Many animals clean their private parts by licking.
Many animals will kill the young of females in order to bring them back into heat.
Many animals will hump any sex because it is a lust and 'pleasurable'.

So what point are you trying to make? God states that you are a man or a woman, and not an animal with no control over your behaviour. In fact, it is the animalistic behaviours that are overcoming the God given reasoning abilities that He provided to MAN. If somebody ties up a child as an infant, and treats that child as a dog, that child will act like an animal in its behaviours. Why? No adult taught that child appropriate behaviours. We eventually get the Lord of Flies. Study it and realise the outcome of a society with no morality or a morality that doesn't teach love and life.

I can train my dig to sit, bark on command and shake His paw. But at the day, he will still hump an occasional leg because it must bring a physical pleasure. Are you telling me that a human, with his reasoning, consciousness and decision making abilities doesn't have the ability to not hump a leg? That because an ANIMAL ccannot control sexual impulses that it's RIGHT for a human being to do the same? Perhaps you may wish to understand who not only thinks of you as an animal, but who also convinced you to think like one. Your morality, absent of God's morality, is always subject to the beast. And that is the Lord of the Flies, the power of the air, the principalities that rule the mind of man devoid of God.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Go figure.......

Why don't you tell me why it is right? I will tell you why it is wrong OK. Think about a kid watching two grown men kissing or some disgusting act and by the way they are the kids parents. The kid goes to school decides it is Ok to walk up to a person of the same sex a repeat what he has seen in the school yard. What do you think is going to happen?

The same kid, same scenario over at a friends house decides to put the hard word on his male friend because to him it is OK/Normal, the other kids parents walk in and to their shock, kid one is doing something strange. What happens then?

You see you may think it is a value to have gay marriages etc, but wtf are we teaching our children? This will happen by the way and then you are going to see some very sad children wandering around until they grow up. Meanwhile one may pick up a drug addiction or something, another will hang himself because he doesn't know what to think anymore. It isn't just about homosexuals getting married and having children, think about down the track and what those kids are possibly going to go through.

Look at the consequences that will arise from this for those poor kids. It is bad enough smart kids get picked on these days let alone sending in kids who believe that same sex stuff is right. Self esteem, depression and other stuff is caused by crap like this. Again I disagree with where this is heading even though I have no say what so ever in the outcome. I look ahead though and wait for the fireworks to begin if they do. If you are willing to start [messing with] childrens heads, then I pity each and every one of you.

I don't care about gay marriage and whether they have it legalised or not, when you start bringing kids into it and screwing with their heads, then you will see a person who despises homosexuals. It is a dangerous game and I do not care what anyone says or whether you believe they are being discriminated against. If you want sad cases walking around in the USA/where ever it is, then go ahead. I'm in Australia and I hope that it is never legalised here. We have enough kids walking around lost as it is without introducing this kind of crap.

Go ahead, knock yourselves out with it, debate how right and wrong it is. Think about the consequences because all I see is self important [fellow members]. Do not use god as an excuse either because they very people that introduced god to you, are against it as well, except when they are molesting children themselves.

I do not care what the outcome is, but I certainly will express my opinion about the topic and I certainly know where this will end up before it has even happened. Yous are so self Important, your views are so important, take a step back and have a look down the track, I can see what is coming a mile away while yous continue to glorify yourselves over a subject that most likely does not concern most of you. If you start messing with childrens heads, you are going to have a very sad future. I have the choice to say this is wrong to a certain degree and I don't care what anyone thinks or says.

So again, I do not care about gay marriage, when I see children confused and doing irrational [stuff] then I will care. I will fight against this for one reason, I have kids who are doing ok but I have enough respect to sit back and take on board what is happening around me also. People may not see it, but it is what I see that really matters. I am not against homosexuals getting married, They can battle themselves and that to me is their so called GOD given right without people sitting on a website showing the world how great this really would be. I am worried about what this will do to the children who are forced to participate in it. [Darn] the adults.

If you think that I am wrong,*snip* lets wait and see. No doubt you will not care anyway because you would of got your way and your work is done.
edit on 6/4/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Please do not circumvent the profanity censor.
edit on 6/4/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join