It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me your UFO story.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sorry I've had a lot going on in real life... starred everyones stories.

Thank you and keep them comeing!

This is wonderful,
~piano

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
heres a UFO sighting that my mom relayed to me.

Back in the mid 70's my mom and dad were on my dads old (now gone) sailboat anchored half way between the isthmus of catalina island and the city of avalon on catalina island about a half mile out. this would be on the east side of the island facing los angeles.

It was about 4 in the morning and my mom went topside alone for a smoke. It was a foggy morning, dark and the visibility was maybe a few hundred feet.

She sat there for a few minutes doing her thing, when she said she noticed that a part of the ocean a hundred feet or so off the stern of the boat was glowing green like there was a flood light on underneath the surface. She sat there and watched it as it slowey moved a short distance. It then stopped again and glowed brighter. Then she said that in a blink it shot out of the water with no splash and darted towards the heavens at a 45 degree angle. said it disappeared over head out of sight in less than a second. She said that the thing made absolutely no noise at all.

I thought maybe she saw a light from a nearby boat or something similar, maybe even something from Los angeles that she thought was close by. She says NO. She saw something close in the water very bright that launched it's self out of the water and went into the sky.

I know that we have a lot of navy facilities in the general area. Maybe it was some navy test and they had no idea that a 21 foot sail boat was on the surface. I know I've seen Los Angeles 688 Class SNN Attack Subs cruising on the surface outside avalon harbor.

Maybe it was a USO. Who knows. they did do a UFO Hunters episode about the channel islands and USOs. So people do see them there from time to time.
edit on 24-5-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wrapping up the 1981 Stillwater sightings (posted on pg. 1):

As I said, I went to get some other friends to confirm what I was observing. They came to my house, where we could see the sky better and together we saw several more bright green/white lights moving eratically in the sky that night. Some were just fast streaks, but others were more than one object moving together - but none that night were as low as the first formation of 5 I had seen earlier.

To wrap this episode up, I'll just say it continued in the night sky over Stillwater, OK for approx. 6 months. I, along with most of my neighbors, would watch multiple objects on prob. 3 nights a week, perform - almost as a show of their technology, for us. And Yes, I reported it to the Nat'l UFO Center and even tried to take pics w/ my 35 mm film Pentax w/ 135mm lens.

Strangely, the film was taken to OK City by my roomate's girlfriend to get developed and was lost.?...????!!! But one night I had the UFO center on the phone as the neighbor girls were in tears because they were so feaked out by what the were witnessing. Me - by then, I was used to them and had come to the conclusion there MUST be some sort of UFO base to the SW of Stillwater because there were so many over so many nights - their general flight direction was overall to the SW. Remember - NO Sound and Super unreal movements. Like I said, I was an engineering student, and I just couldn't see a Human surviving those G-Forces.

After 6 mos. or so, they gradually subsided and we sort of lost interest - but I always knew they were there (here) forever after those nights. It just became common knowledge, or 'the way it is' to me since then. We saw so many.

Well, I finally graduated in fall 1983 and moved to Houston, TX - where I live now. I always look up in the night sky, and yes, I still see some of them in the countryside night sky down here.

But I had a Major sighting - even more strange than those in OK, around 1995 in Houston suburbs....Very Close Huge Object that will tell you about next time....which also involved strange happenings w/ the film pics I took, only stranger...

CONTINUED SOON:

Steve

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Please get back to us and let us know about the major incident you saw. Thanks for contributing to this thread.

I am interested in hearing more about the theory of the UFO base near stillwater. Has anyone in your neighborhood gotten what they think could be the general area the base is in. ie we believe it's somewhere under the ridge of this part of the mountain, or on the far side of some lake or what have you.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I remember floating out of my room, and quickly starting to go up, until it stops and I woke up. It happened at least five times when I was a child. Right up until around now, I thought it was a dream, but now, in the light of my new knowledge, It just can't be it. It is so vivid, I clearly remember the fear. But certainly no memories of what happened inside. Some strange images about beings, and such, but I think it is repressed or something, because the sole thought of thinking about them makes me shiver. And also, I have a fear of sleeping at night. I only can sleep once the sun is up.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This does it for me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Narcissous

They take people day or night makes no difference to them... So don't lose any sleep over it, it is what it is!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So Jim did you ever get more info on the fireball that was lurking around your neighborhood. A softball sized meteor doesn't sound like what everyone was seeing.

What have the neighbors said to you personally regarding the incident.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I had a strange experience some years ago, it was in the early 1970`s, I was about 12 or 13 years old.
We were camping in pennsylvania, I was bored so I decided to go exploring in the woods. I walked along one of the roads in the campground until i saw a path on the right side of the road leading into the woods.
i walked about 30 to 40 feet along the path to where the trees opened into a huge meadow, the grass was about 3 feet or more tall in this meadow. About 15 to 20 feet into the meadow the path made a sharp right turn,about 10 feet after making the turn there was a big tree laying across the path. The fallen tree was about 4 feet in diameter, it was too tall to just step over, i had to climb over it. after i got over the tree I walked about 10 feet and started to look to my right where the base of the tree was and the roots were sticking up in the air,and that`s the last thing i remember.
The next thing i remember i was on a path in a heavily wooded area going up an incline.I felt disoriented,weak and scared so i started to run along the path.after about 10 minutes i came to a small paved road,about 100 yards up the road to the right i saw a house at the corner of the small road and a main road. I walked to the house and asked the old women who answered the door if she could give me a ride to the campground, I had no idea where i was or where the campground was. She went and got her son and told him to drive me to the campground.
it took about an hour to drive to the campground, I don`t know how i got that far from the campground or how much time had passed since i left. I started my exploration trip in the early evening about 5 or 6 oclock and when i returned to the campground the sun was still high enough in the sky that it hadn`t even began to set yet.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Sure ill tell you about my ufo story, it happend on the 14th of this month. I was hesitant to mention this sighting on ats because I didn't get any pics, but since your asking ill tell

Alright, ill try to make this as short as possible. if you want more details ill rewrite a longer version, since it didn't happen to long ago I haven't forgotten anything.

out driving I noticed a helicopter hovering off to my right flashing lights similar to the lights you would see on a cop car, That got my attention. the lights were flashing so bright and strobing much faster than I was use to seeing from a helicopter, which seemed unusual. off to my left was 3 red orbs hovering about the same height as the helicopter. There was a second helicopter but it just flew towards the orbs turned around and took off. It was a pretty cool event for me, im sure it was for those pilots and whomever else might of seen em aswell.

The last time ive seen unidentified flying orbs
was in 2005. That was a much better sighting than this one but this was unique none the less. i even seen this recent sighting from 2 different angles so I could triangulate its position on a map.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hi new here, but been a viewer of the site for awhile.

I've had 3 sightings that I and others that were with me could not explain. All 3 happened in or around Kincardine, Ontario, which is near a nuclear power plant (Bruce Nuclear Power Plant) on Lake Huron. They were all in the 90's and I can't remember which came first. Two of the sightings I was with my ex, 1 his brother was also present, and the 3rd I was by myself.

1- On the farm I was talking on the phone as a teenager one night and I don't remember why, but I went outside on the porch and out in one of our fields I could see a green glow. I didn't really think much of it at the time, but I just went back inside and continued my conversation. Couldn't see an object or anything, just remember seeing a green glow.

2- My ex and I were walking back to his parents house and both saw a bright light zoom into the night sky and stayed still for less than a minute. Couldn't tell you how far away it was, but it looked like a huge bright star Then it zoomed away the same way it zoomed in....sort of looked like a small trail when it zoomed, but disappeared just as fast as the object did. All I know is it went really fast, like nothing I've ever seen again.

3- My ex, his brother and I were walking near his parents and an object was just hovering above the lake. I could guess about 200 feet above? I remember seeing two greenish orbs down around underneath the object. The object looked kind of like your typical saucer, dome shaped and the bottom was flat and round, lights circled around the bottom. I believe they were red, blue and white, but I remember they changed like one would light up, then the next and so on, then others would turn off. It seemed to stay there for some time, just stationary way above the lake. When we saw it take off, that's when we saw the bottom of it with the lights. It took off at an angle to where you could see the bottom and then it just zoomed away. Others in town had reported seeing it and one of our friends had called the local airport and at first they said we can neither confirm nor deny any sightings, but in the paper the next day it said something about pilots practicing taking off and landing. Didn't look like that to us as it was still for so long.

Anyways, those are my sightings. Sorry I don't have any actual dates in the 90's to give or pictures, but it was pretty cool to see, especially #2 how fast it was. I could narrow the years down to about 94-98 for all 3 and pretty sure they were mostly summer months, but can't be 100% on the season.
edit on 30-5-2012 by beckstar78 because: giving a more accurate timeframe
Also, just to add I was completely sober on all noted occasions.
edit on 30-5-2012 by beckstar78 because: to note sobriety

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Strafgod,

Tell us about your 2005 orb story. Orbs are strange to me. They absolutely exist, and the show up in the strangest places. They appear at a glance to be white balloons whisking around in the wind as they float away, but when actually observed they move inconsistent with the wind. I've seen what at first glance I thought was a stream of balloons from a local car dealership floating away until I realized that they weren't moving like balloons but more like flies buzzing around a dish. circling moving independent of each other and the wind. And they were only at about 1000 feet maybe less like 700 feet over Los Angeles. They almost look normal enough that nobody really notices them for what they are.

I haven't seen orbs at night like you were talking about where they are glowing (I inferred from your post) Can you describe them in more detail. size of the orbs, altitude. distance from you when you saw them etc...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Beckstar,

I know what you mean by the UFO leaving a trail behind it when it zoomed away. I saw the same thing in one of the sightings from my post a few pages back. It is hard to describe your right. I remember the streak behind it moved as fast as the UFO did. like you clearly saw it because it was so bright but the streak only lasted for one frame of film the minds eye when i was watching it.

Also the lake incident, the orbs below the saucer. Did you get the impression they were able to fly away from the UFO like probes? Or did you think the orbs were more a component of the propulsion mechanism. Weird that you even saw weird glows coming from your families farm fields as a kid. like they UFO have been visiting your neighborhood for a while.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

No I never found anything else out. I pretty much agree with the meteor theory though. I was watching some guys brazing Bronze, a while back, and the color of the torch flame was the same color as the fireball.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

The orbs descending from the object in #3 sighting were not attached as far as I know, you could see them darting around, while the object stayed motionless, high above the lake.

Yeah the zoom trail in #2, I'm still not sure if it was just going so fast it looked like a small trail or if it was an actual trail.

All 3 were within a span of 4 years or so. I was probably between 15 and 18 years of age. Prior to and ever since I have not seen anything like these sightings. Don't live in the same area though...a few hours away now.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hello I am new to the site and thought I would post a story.

It was either February or March. I always look up when I leave the house(never looking for anything just love to see the stars). Me and my brother were leaving the house to go meet our parents for dinner and I looked out over the houses on my street. There I saw two bright red/green flashing dots spread apart from one another. I immediately thought of a star maybe a planet, but it did not seem right, I consulted my star chart to double check myself and I did not see anything that should have been there. I told my brother and he thought it was a plane or satellite, but it was not moving. So I went and got my telescope. When I looked through it it still was far to see. At that point I really believed it was a star but when I put my telescope back inside and came out they were gone. No clouds in the sky and no trees to block our view. My brother jokingly keeps saying we saw a UFO, but I don't know what to think of it.

I am open to any ideas to what it was.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Sol23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by BASSPLYR

"I haven't seen orbs at night like you were talking about where they are glowing (I inferred from your post) Can you describe them in more detail. size of the orbs, altitude. distance from you when you saw them etc..."

Sure, ill try to describe them the besy I can. I was within a 1/4 mile away from them at my closest distance, and about 2 miles away at my farthest distance. I seen them from two different angles to where they hovered in the sky to the north of me from my first view point and then they were east of me from my second view point.

They appeared to be at the same height you normally see helicopters fly, seemed like they were 3 times the height of the tree tops. They were not very high at all.

To me they looked like the dot of a laser pointer, that color red. They didn't seem any bigger than a private plane. They didn't fly around or fly away, they just hovered in one location for about 25 to 30 minutes fading in and out. They eventualy just disappeared.

there wasn't any other details of a craft inside the orbs, they just looked like red lights, for all I know it could of been somekind of laser. (bluebeam maybe? Idk)

The sighting I had in 2005 was similar to this event. It had red orbs a little higher than the tree tops aswell. (this is going to be confusing) It started out with 3 white orbs in a triangle that divided into 9 orbs, as each of the 3 orbs divided into these 9 orbs they changed from white to blue and lined up in a row. To the right of these 9 orbs 4 others appeared out of nowhere, now totaling in 13 orbs in a row that looked some what similar to the phoenix lights. The blue row of lights chaged colors again from blue to red. The lights just hovered there for alittle while then they began flickering out like flares would (from left to right). The 1st blinked out then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, then there were 9 again. They didn't flicker out they just dissapeared instantaneously. This was the most amazing thing I've ever seen, to top it off my friend witnessed it with me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Copied + Pasted from my welcome thread, slightly amended though

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
Hi, im 27 and iv often browsed this forum to what sightings thoughts other people have experienced.

Iv always had an interest in Sci fi since a young age, my dad bought me my first telescope when i was 10, lasted til i was about 13, then things like Games / Football (Soccer to you americans) became the norm in my life

Just wanted to share a few things, i consider myself a very normal person with a decent job working for the UK's largest Accountancy software firm.

Im from the countryside near a place called Kielder so im used to star gazing, coming home late at night, looking up to the sky and just hoping to see something out of the ordinary. Whether or not its a UFO, a shooting Star, or the northern lights.

My interest these days is wondering if we are alone in the Universe, i dont consider myself to be crazy or someone who claims to have been abducted by little green men, howevver i have seen things that i cant explain and some which i can, il share a couple below:

My experience with UFO's could be dismissed within an instant however the simplicity of it is what has made it stick in my mind since i was 13.

My mam was driving me to a local town called Hexham, and on the route you climb a steep hill, then go over the brow of the hill and the whole of the town opens up and you can see for miles, from here you can see the lights from the neighbouring city (newcastle 26 miles away). it was when we drove over the brow of the hill i looked up at the sky noticing what a beautiful day it was, with very high cirrus clouds but bright blue sky. out of the clouds, down came 5 white triangles. The didnt do anything spectacular. they didnt circle the whole sky or anything like that. However they did do a very memorable movement, they moved up and down, side to side, then all at once shot back up into the clouds. The whole thing lasted approximately 20 seconds however the image has stuck in my mind ever since and i can remember it as though it was yesterday

Coming from where i live, these could never be Seaguls / Helicoptors / Carrier bags / Lanterns. The most plausable explanation for this is that it cannot be explained, It was witnessed by my mam who also shares another more indepth experience bt that is for another day, Which brings me nicely on to my next experience.

On the 3/3/2012, Out of the window i saw the most brilliant scene, a huge meteorite streaking accross the sky. it took a total of approx 15 seconds before it was no longer visable. This event was witnessed by thousands of people in the north east of england and was country wide news. i remember watching the videos on the news to remind myself of the event, looking at my own brothers PICTURES of the event

this is a quote from the local newspaper which features an interview with my sister in law

*******“************************** Myself and my husband were standing in the garden when we saw a huge meteor blazing across the sky at 21.45. “It was like nothing we had ever seen before. It was travelling so slowly and took about 20 seconds to disappear over the horizon. “It had a massive orange tail which it kept until low to the horizon where it turned into a glowing ball. It was amazing !***********************************

Now just today i went to youtube to re-watch the videos and people are actually trying to debunk a legitamate event calling it fake, link below

www.youtube.com...

i just really want to say to anyone from a part of the world who heard about the event but doubted its integrity, it is completely true and not once ounce of it is exaggerated, it seems that some peoples role in life is to ensure that we see things in only one colour ... Grey
edit on 10-5-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beckstar78

I know exactly what you mean about the streak. it happens so fast it is hard to figure out exactly what just went on.

So the orbs you describe seem like they were probes of some sort. Very interesting. Thanks for the details.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

You're a pretty level headed guy. If you have come to the conclusion that it was indeed a meteor than I believe that's what you probably saw. Thanks for the reply and details.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join