It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory For The 2nd Amendment. Hutaree Militia To Get Their Guns And Ammo Returned.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It seems there is a need of the Second Amendment, it seems a group of gun enthusiasts have been oppressed and had their rights revoked.
Maybe people keep guns to keep their Gumment in check?
It seems the courts have figured out problems would be greater if they did not side with the right side.
It is good that these law abiding citizens have gotten their personal property back.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

I'm sorry, but I must question your logic...

You state that you believe that our forefathers did not have the foresight to conceive the future of weaponry?
It has always been my opinion that "foresight" was their strongest attribute when they penned those documents. And I believe there are quite a few scholars who would concur.

Bottom line, as others have already stated, it's about the Citizen's rights and the means to defend them! One must be able to fight fire, with fire, or the liberties imparted become null.

And as for the OP, I hope that they do get them back, and in working order.
I have a LEO friend who had his gun taken by the FDLE after a justified shooting in the line of duty. (Standard procedure) They kept it for 2 years, and he got it back covered in evidence tape adhesive, which is very hard to remove, multiple scratches that weren't there before, and several numbers and letters engraved on it from an electric pencil. AND, HE WAS A COP!

I fear for the condition of the weapons involved in the OP. I wonder if all of his ammunition will be disassembled and coded prior to it's return?

edit on 17-5-2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join