It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: The WTC Elevator Key

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yes, there are some questions raised in the video which go beyond what normally occurs w/ elevators in an emergency. That's kind of the point, in this case too many of them failed to do what they were designed to do.

The previous poster who claims we have no idea of the amount of damage, etc in the buildings that day is not completely correct, also.

I don't have the information in front of me but there was a specific person in one of the buildings who knew the architecture and engineering well. He went from being in one of the upper floors down to the lower sky lobby (I can't recall if he was able to escape or not but I think he did not). He did inspect the elevators and was able to contact building ops via radio and report that the elevators were severely damaged / unusable at least in that building and location. He told them that at least two of them were about to collapse completely (machinery, cables etc were going to fall down the shafts).

Based on that story and the damage seen, you could present a theory based on halfway decent evidence that the impact of the planes was severe enough to cause the type of damage that would cause most of the elevators to stop working which seems to fit the information we have. (Most elevators failed completely and some became "stuck" despite power / backup power being on). A movement of the elevator shafts consistent with the damage this person reported would cause all kinds of problems, especially in the safety systems and components which require very tight alignments.

Originally posted by 4hero

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by kdog1982

It;s not worth watching as you understand how elevators work in an emergency situation... don't worry too much about it.

Let people decide for themselves, anyone would think you were deliberately trying to put people off watching it.

People do watch it, leave no stone unturned...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It;s not worth watching as you understand how elevators work in an emergency situation... don't worry too much about it.

Oh brother.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It utterly amazes me that people will take for granted what others spout as fact here without even watching the video. Had anybody bothered to watch and listen to the firsthand accounts, you would have understood that there were explosions in the sub level prior to the plane ever hitting the tower possibly taking out the back up generators and or elevators at and below ground level also that there was no way there was enough fuel to not only burn and weaken the upper floors to the point of collapse but according the the official report fill the elevator shafts of the few that went all fhe way to the lobby wifh enough fuel to blow out the lobby and destroy the sublevels. We're only talking enough fuel to fill an 18' diamiter above ground pool, "official report" info.
So those of you spouting there's no conspiracy here, take the time to check your facts or at the very least watch the vid and dispute first hand info and official reports that dont jive with something other than guesses or hypotheticals.
edit on 14-5-2012 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
Can you possibly put together a synopsis of the elevator theory for those of us who can't watch the video right now?

There's a very detailed summary for this video on another forum. Here's some of it;

The following material is extracted from NK-44's Investigation into the collapse of WTC 1. I've been assisting him in the english language translation from its original german. About 2 months ago, when his paper was in its final stages and ready for online publication, he abruptly ceased communication. I'm posting the most recent revisions because I think it's important that 9/11 researchers have access to NK-44's work.

Bill spent the next three months in St. Vincent's Hospital where he clinically died twice but was resuscitated. He saw "the light," the tunnel, angels, and his sister who died seventeen years ago. He was unconscious the first twenty days he spent in the hospital and was told he would probably not walk again. Bill sustained fuel burns on the dorsal sides of both hands and suffered three skull fractures, a crushed knee, a broken jaw, burned corneas, and a lacerated abdomen that required 200 stitches to close. His injuries were sustained from steel beams that were blowing apart. Later, Bill was told that he was brought out of the North Tower unconscious and less than five minutes before it collapsed." Around the time that the North Tower (WTC 1) was hit by American Airline Flight 11, explosions occurred in the basement. According to official accounts, jet-fuel coming down elevator-shafts was the cause of these explosions. From the 9/11-Commission Report: "A jet fuel fireball erupted upon impact and shot down at least one bank of elevators. The fireball exploded onto numerous floors, including the 77th and 22nd; the West Street lobby level; and the B4 level, four stories below ground." (Ch.9, p.285) From National Institue of Standard and Technology (NIST): "The aircraft impacting on the towers caused major damage to the buildings. In addition, the jet fuel distribution through the buildings and down the elevator shafts generated large fires. The elevator shafts inside WTC 1 contained a fast moving jet fuel droplet cloud fire which damaged shaft walls, elevator doors, and floors near the elevator shafts due to the over pressures that were generated (NIST NCSTAR 1-2 and NIST NCSTAR 1-5)." (NIST NCSTAR 1-8, p.42) Note: this statement is not related to the situation in the basement, since NIST NCSTAR 1-2 and 1-5 do not cover the fires and damage in the basement. But NIST then continues with a special reference to the lower floors: "In addition, in first-person interviews PAPD personnel reported a huge fireball that came from the elevator shafts and filled the visible volume of the Concourse level between WTC 1 and the entrance to the Mariott hotel." A page further, it is stated: "The jet fuel had gone down the elevator shaft and had blown out the elevator doors and that is why the lobby windows were blown out and why interviewees had seen seriously burned people in the lobby. (Inside WTC 1)" (NIST NCSTAR 1-8, p.43) wtc.nist.gov... But this version of events is rejected even by most supporters of the jet-fuel explanation. For two reasons. First, the initial fireballs generated no great overpressures: "Although dramatic, these fireballs did not explode or generate a shock wave. If an explosion or detonation had occurred, the expansion of the burning gasses would have taken place in microseconds, not the 2 seconds observed. Therefore, although there were some overpressures, it is unlikely that the fireballs, being external to the buildings, would have resulted in significant structural damage. It is not known whether the windows that were broken shortly after impact were broken by these external overpressures, overpressures internal to the building, the heat of the fire, or flying debris." (FEMA WTC report, chapter 2) That these same fireballs, which may or may not have destroyed windows in the impact area, also destroyed several walls and caused cave-ins 400 meters below, is not substantiated. Secondly, these fireballs during their long descent would have excluded (almost) every floor from their destructive force, while releasing it exclusively at the basement levels. For this reason, most supporters of the jet fuel theory do not claim that the basement damage was a result of the initial fireball, but of jet-fuel, which spilled down to the basement where it ignited and exploded. So, it is safe to say, we have two official versions. The "original" or "official" official version, and an "alternative" official version. In both versions, elevator shafts serve as a jet-fuel spillway from the impact zone to the basement.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

oh brother....

Oh really?????

Let people watch it.... thats fine but the whole premise is flawed...

edit on 14-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You are paranoid....

Looking for answers where none exist...

The entire question is flawed...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

nice copy and paste effort....

What would you like to add to the current conversation??

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

and i dont think wil ever be truly understood

That's because too many people don't understand how the real world works. They take the view that there's a conspiracy in every event.
As to the elevators:
The higher elevators were damaged in the impacts.
The lower ones either didn't have power or were damaged from one of the fireballs of fuel that were reported.

Didn't they teach you not to use the elevator during fires and other power sensitive situations?

How about you watch the video, and pay attention to the eyewitness testimony before commenting on the “real world” of 9/11?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

reply to post by SyphonX

oh brother....

Oh really?????

Let people watch it.... thats fine but the whole premise is flawed...

edit on 14-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

Can you elaborate why you say the whole premise is flawed? I would love to know your reasons for this statement.

There are numerous videos and eye witness testimonies that all report of explosions BEFORE the planes hit, primarily in the basement. Many people reported this, many people reported a bomb going off before any plane hit.

This video is very interesting, all people who are researching 9/11 should watch it, and the premise is definitely NOT flawed.

You commented that people should not watch it and the premise is flawed, you blatantly do not want anyone to watch it, what is your motive for not wanting people to watch it?

It seems you have something invested in 9/11, can you enlighten us?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero
Can you elaborate why you say the whole premise is flawed? I would love to know your reasons for this statement.

There are numerous videos and eye witness testimonies that all report of explosions BEFORE the planes hit, primarily in the basement. Many people reported this, many people reported a bomb going off before any plane hit.

This video is very interesting, all people who are researching 9/11 should watch it, and the premise is definitely NOT flawed.

You commented that people should not watch it and the premise is flawed, you blatantly do not want anyone to watch it, what is your motive for not wanting people to watch it?

It seems you have something invested in 9/11, can you enlighten us?

The "explosions" in the basement were a result OF the plane impact and the resulting fireballs coming down the shafts. I surmise you are referring to William Rodriguez who witnessed a burned survivor that was in the elevator at the time of the fireball.

But I must ask you, what kind of explosive creates a massive fireball that burns people? Also, what was the purpose of these "explosions" in the basement?

For reference, there were no explosions prior to the impacts. It is just people that did NOT see the plane impact and only heard and felt the impact and/or the fireball. People witnessed fireballs going DOWN the shafts. Fireballs arethe result of fuel, like gasoline, jet fuel, kerosine, etc, igniting. High power explosives do not have massive fireballs.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

This thread has nothing to do with that!?

It is about the elevators being shut down.....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

ARe you saying they didn't work at all that day? Even before the attacks? I don't think that is correct and if you are saying they stopped working after the attacks well then that is no conspiracy theory..

No..... This is what I’m saying;

Some of the footage is totally new to me. Check it out it's pretty interesting.

Please pay attention!

Any large building with elevators will be the same, in the event of fire or explosion a safety feature of the elevators is an auto-shutdown. No matter how big the building

Please read this and explain why the "real world" was different on 9/11.
Fortunately, elevators in the real world have so many safety features that this kind of stuff never happens. Here's the breakdown:

No one expected the building to collapse

This is obviously a false statement. It makes you look ignorant when you make statements like this one. You should research before commenting.

I am not 100% decided on the exact cause of 9/11 but I will say that in any case of a fire or explosion the elevators are shut down to stop people being trapped or overloading the elevator load limits in cases of panic etc

If you haven’t decided what the exact cause of 9/11 was, then an inside job is a possibility, correct? Your opinion on the elevators is noted.

9/11 was not about killing innocent people and trapping them in the towers...

Well that is interesting.. please explain.

I am surprised this thread has gotten so many flags - no offence to the OP as you might not have your facts right, which happens to all of us. I am surprised at the amount of flags and stars from other members though!?! This site seems to get more ignorant as time goes on... I though we were supposed to deny ignorance...

This is a good one. You are a funny guy!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Star for you my friend. I too was surprised by the amount of flags for something that is utterly false and demonstratably so. This is what the "Truth" Movement depends on: gullible and lazy people that read whatever they post, and do not bother to do a single ounce of actual research or even double checking the "information" they recieved from the them. A five minute break to check up on the facts would have shown how incorrect the video is. Hell, that is how I changed from a Truther to a "debunker", by actually re-reading the truther arguments and then doing some investigative work outside of conspiracy websites, and then learning just how much I've been lied to by the "Truth" movement. How can one claim to be for the truth, and then rely on erroneous assumptions, false facts, and outright LIES to support their claims?

Be a good little debunker and try to debunk the video. Step by step if you can.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69

Here's my question op. How did the hijacked planes evade Norad for an hour? Why were there multiple witness reports of hearing bombs going off? Why wasn't wtc7 mentioned in the 9/11 commission report? How did Wtc 7 fall down due to small fires when Wtc 5 never fell and it was a burning inferno? Why did silverstein say pull it and then deny it now? Why wasn't there any evidence of planes at shanksville or the Pentagon? Why did the FBI confiscate footage of the Pentagon attack from a hotel?

This is a small fraction or events that occurred on 9/11.

I have the same questions.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

ok you are denial....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I haven't watched the vid yet,but plan to later.

Can't wait to read what you think after you watch the video.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Thank you and I could not have said it better myself

Hey no star for GenRadek?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It is also threads and msg boards that make it harder for people to question what haoppened that day... sadly.

As I said, I do not blame the OP, they may have just been misinformed or jumped to conclusions ( I have done that in that past) as I am sure many of us have but it is threads like this that make this whole topic comical when trying to oppose the MSN stories...

It's not the OP I am pinting a finger at, it's all the people that gave a flag and star... although I did flag it
Why you ask? To help point out my fustration in these types of topics and threads....

If that makes sense

hahahaha
You're hilarious …. like a clown.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Also going by your comments you think that the towers were planned to collapse with all those poor people in it right??

So please ellaborate on that if you can?

I would not think there was ever a plan for the towers to collapse... but I guess you think that?

So are you saying it was YOUR government that planned that? If so then why are you directing your anger at me whilst your government continues to run your country into the ground??

I am talking about standards in regard to building fire codes and elevator use during a fire emergency, no matter how large the building. The people in the lobby which control the elevators could not have known the building was going to collapse and as per standard practice an auto-shutdown of all elevator shafts was and still is common pratice in a fire situation!!!

That was my point!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

hehe nah i prefer mimes!! so much funnier

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join