It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of 3 arrested, abused for taking pictures of tourist attraction at airport

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfox83
I live 20 minutes from there, and I can know why they did it. It is an Air Force Base, not an active one, but many of our politicians come in through there. Since it is a private base, it's not open to the public. Joe Biden I can understand if they take her camera and delete the pictures, I can accept that. But, not arrest or harm the woman.

From the Lawyer's handling Nancy's case, Answers to common questions

Comment 2: “She should know better, taking pictures of an airport.” “I heard it wasn’t an airport, that it was a military base.” “I heard there were signs warning her not to take pictures”.

Gabreski Airport is a general aviation airport owned by Suffolk County and open to the public. It is utilized by private aviation, corporate flights, and air taxi services. It is also home to the 106th Rescue Wing of the Air National Guard. Nancy Genovese was detained and arrested outside the main entrance to the public airport, on Old Riverhead Road, on public property, directly in front of a helicopter shell placed at the airport entrance for the sole purpose of attracting tourists (green arrow pointing to the helicopter display above). There are no signs warning the public from taking pictures, and in fact, why would you set up a helicopter shell by the roadway to attract visitors if you don’t want pictures taken? Another point that is important to remember is that it is perfectly legal to take pictures of an airport or military base from public property. Posting a “no photos” sign does not diminish your constitutional rights.

This is a picture of the public display helicopter Nancy photographed. It's positioned as an attraction to the public. Visible from public land. From where she photographed it.

She was not in a suspicious place. She took a photograph of something placed specifically to attract public attention. She was then abused for days on end. It could have been you. Your mother. Anyone. Abused and denied rights for days.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by eleven44

I said lets all up and leave, as in the government can't rule over us if we left them sitting alone in there poisoned land.
edit on 14-5-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

So do you have a plan on how this will happen? Where will we go and how would we get there? I'm pretty sure they would lock the country down with martial law as soon as that was suspected and bam no escape. Also that new settlement would probably be considered treason just like when the founding fathers broke away from great brittain, and next thing you know you have a full revolutionary war on your hands and with little to no defense do to lack of planning. So its best to just stay here in america where we are safe and protected. Yeah we might loose all of our rights but at least we can go to bed at night and wake up in the morning knowing we are safe.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So, I heard this exact same story before. And now I know why:

This is the exact same story that was told back in February of '11.
And posts about this story go back to Aug '10.

patriotlegaldefense.com...

Now I have no doubt that it happened, but why is this being brought back up (and made semi-viral) a year++ later?!?!

Guys, I smell something's up. Someone is trying to rile up the people by propping a very old story over and over.

Edit: someone beat me to it with this post
www.newsday.com...

And those are from 2009!

Seriously, y'all.

edit on 14-5-2012 by fourthmeal because: timeline

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The traps are getting stranger and stranger these days. A tourist attraction really?! I feel for this poor woman and her kids. Can you imagine how scared they were (still are probably)
The thought of injections is more frightening. Can't tell what makes me most uneasy about that one. The fact that the type of injection is unknown, the fact the situation had nothing to do with anything medical in the first place or the fact they can just force that on you against your will.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
So, I heard this exact same story before. And now I know why:

This is the exact same story that was told back in February of '11.
And posts about this story go back to Aug '10.

patriotlegaldefense.com...

Now I have no doubt that it happened, but why is this being brought back up (and made semi-viral) a year++ later?!?!

Guys, I smell something's up. Someone is trying to rile up the people by propping a very old story over and over.

Edit: someone beat me to it with this post
www.newsday.com...

And those are from 2009!

Seriously, y'all.

edit on 14-5-2012 by fourthmeal because: timeline

The case not been tried yet. Trial date is imminent. Which, I suppose, makes it topical again. Not that this need be a reason to remind people of what can happen to you.

All discovery has been ordered to be complete by March 16, 2012, All dispositive motions filed by March 30, 2012, and a pre-trial conference is scheduled for April 27, 2012. If discovery stays on track and there are no settlements, a trial should be scheduled for this summer.

Quote is from website already linked several times, including in my posts.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
sounds like a crappy Bruce Willis movie!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by eleven44

....... but with eleven44 and a crack team of ATS armchair warriors on their side the American people fought and defeated the largest most technologically advanced military in known history.

But...with muskets and not many allies on their side ( ahem...apathetic people like you).....the USA revolution was won.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jannerfish
She was not in a suspicious place. She took a photograph of something placed specifically to attract public attention. She was then abused for days on end. It could have been you. Your mother. Anyone. Abused and denied rights for days.

Exactly. And a lot of people on here and in the real world have NO problem at all with this. I want off bizzaro world......please....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

Maybe it didn't get enough attention the first time? Is there a statute of limitations on tyrrany?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

So I dug into this a little just out of boredom, but in doing so I found an interesting anomaly. Here is Google's imagery, the first a satellite view showing the helicopter (presumably as it is the only one in a displayed fashion), the second "street view" showing where the helicopter was, or should have been.

Now if I am correct, the satellite images in Google Maps predate the "street view" images. The question I ask is, where did the helicopter go? Is it considered evidence in this on-going case and has since been relocated? I am a tad curious as to why it is no longer on display, more, why if it was that sensitive of a piece of military equipment, put it right out in front of the airport if they were concerned that "someone" may do harm to it?

Here are the two images:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Ok. REALLY good find Uber, seriously. (... key ominous chords in the background.)
Where/how would one begin to research the relocation of the helicopter?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

edit on 5/14/2012 by satoriku because: internet connection duplicate

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Thank you! My dad told me this story and I told him I doubted the truth behind it. When he told me this story over a year ago, he told me she was arrested, but had been warned the day before not to take pictures. He also said she had just got shooting, which is why she had the guns and also had $13,000 in cashe she said was stolen. The cash was because she was on her way to pay for her daughters private school tuition. This is why I find fault with the story, as my dad read it over a year ago. Who carries $13,000 in cash to pay for private school and what private school in their right mind would accept $13,000 in cash! And who, goes hunting with $13,000 in cash and than stop to take pictures...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by justbecause1

Well it's not illegal for her to carry that amount of money if she wants.

She was cleared of all charges. The issue now is her lawsuit against the police for her treatment and arrest. The problem is the city had an incompetent lawyer wow did not respond to a court requirement within a timely manner and by the court date. 3 months later the city board found out that they were in default in the proceedings and her lawyer was requesting the court issue a default judgement. The city did submit information in a plea to the court not to issue a defense judgement and they have a new lawyer working for them. This plea just happened at the end of January this year

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

No, but what I am saying is that I find it odd that she would carry that mush cash...which she claims was stolen. I am asying I doubt her story, not that what she did was legal or illegal, but that it is the truth.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

Where do we go that is not screwed up? Any ideas? From what I have read Canada has gone mad and in Mexico they are finding people with their heads cut off.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
What people need to do is find 'public' places like this one, or just this one and arrange flash photo mobs to arrive in number, and snap to their hearts desire!

Oh, and if you decide to bring your UN-loaded weapons, make sure that you don't have any ammunition with you

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by justbecause1

I understand, that has been a question on many forums about this. I guess the court did not find it significantly suspicious to hold her on any charges.

I don't know if her intentions were as innocent as she states, but if she was abused as he stated it's just wrong

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

The 'image date' of that street view is 2008. The woman was arrested in 2009.
edit on 14-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I just sent an email to the following addresses connected to the city: [email protected] [email protected]

And i had this to say:

"Your department should be ashamed of how this woman was treated, me and 1,000's of others are going to work on bringing this into the national spotlight to stop cruelty like this from being done to people, I read the story here. And me and all of the others at ATS stand with her and are going to bring attention to this injustice, your job is to protect the people who pay you, not instill fear in them.

It's already being actively discussed here for millions of others to read and the story is being spread by thousands, maybe next time yall will do yalls."

Everyone needs to write them and spread this story, i'm tired of this injustice done by the authorities.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join