It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman is Hispanic, not White

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Praetorius

The OP's actual point was pointless.

Regardless of race, he committed cold-blooded murder. Any issues of race are purely for the purpose of starting a race war or some such nonsense. This is a moot thread.

My point is the media is using the issue of race to start a race war. And if the media is already purposefully misconstruing the facts by calling him white, is it too much to wonder if the whole *thing* is a lie and he was acting in self-defense?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I think he looks hispanic in both.. a lot of news outlets you auto correction on their photos which would do that sort of thing to the picture.. i don't think it's necessarily intentional.. that said.. the captions below the example photo are pretty racist in and of themselves.. is that necessary?

Yeah, I was going to mention that. I found this on the internet... I didn't like the captions, but I did like the pictures.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
george zimmerman is half peruvian half white. it would be like calling obama black and forgetting that he is also half white.

finally the truth, as far as background is concerned.

its a shame the US federal system does have a "WHITE HISPANIC" category for race.

then again, most of the Hispanic countries natives were raped by Spaniards, Italians and other Europeans. and produced the mixes like Zimmerman, half Peruvian and half "white". whatever white is in his instance.

to separate from black hispanics - blatinos?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If Hispanics are white, why do liberals go on calling anybody who is against illegal immigration racist against brown people?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

The term Hispanic, as dominated by the Office of Management and Budget, is used in the United States for people with origins in Spanish-speaking countries, like Mexico, Costa Rica. Hispanic is not a race, as the Chilean Nobel Prize Gabriela Mistral once said, "mi patria es mi lengua" (My fatherland is my language). Latino, from American Spanish, is used in some cases as an abbreviation for latino americano or "Latin American" and tends to be used interchangeably with Hispanic in the United States, despite the fact these two words are not synonyms. The term "Latin America" was used for the first time in 1861/1867, when the French occupied Mexico and wanted to be included in what has been known until then as "América Española" or "Spanish America". [34]

The 1970 Census was the first time that a "Hispanic" identifier was used and data collected with the question. The definition of "Hispanic" has been modified in each successive census. The 2000 Census asked if the person was "Spanish/Hispanic/Latino".[35]
"The terms "Hispanic" or "Latino" refer to persons who trace their origin or descent to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Spanish speaking Central and South America countries, and other Spanish cultures. Origin can be considered as the heritage, nationality group, lineage, or country of the person or the person's parents or ancestors before their arrival in the United States. People who identify their origin as Hispanic or Latino may be of any race."[36]

From Wikipedia.en.wikipedia.org...

Now, do YOU have anything else to add? Continue to be a jerk if you like.
edit on 5/8/2012 by BellaSabre because: Don't let the facts confuse you.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Self defense? Trayvon was unarmed. How was it self-defense?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Let's be sure that the "Hispanic origin" fact does not result in "Oh, it's just a conflict of racism. Drugs or something Nothing to worry about, people."

This does not need to be chalked up to race violence and swept under the rug. How many months before the next incident happens? What if it escalates?

Hell, I don't even know what to say about this anymore. No matter how you look at it, someone screwed up big time. And it could all have been avoided if we only loved one another instead of constantly being suspicious and judgmental. Our whole race is pathetic. :bnghd:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I don't think the mainstream media would push a Hispanic vs. Black race issue, they are more interested in fabricating White vs. Black issues. He might have been attacked, according to some witnesses.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Hispanic is white what a joke dude your nutz i have never heard that before.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
speculate speculate speculate, noone really knows what happened let due process take effect and really who cares two idiots! treyvon was a thug for sure, that is proof positive, zimmerman was a barney fife itchy finger who didnt deserve to carry a firearm.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
We are all different flavors of the same processed, fattening, but oh-so delicious icecream.

Some are chocolate or vanilla, some even coffee icecream but we're all icecream in the end!

Not LITERALLY, but I wish. That'd be a yummy world.

I will never ever relate to other humans on the race issue, and I guess this is where I get crazy and question my own humanity because I see people quarreling over subjects like this and cringe because there isn't an ounce, or even a gram of my body that cares about someone's skin color.

I meet real a**holes that are white, black and or hispanic, or all three combined!

And then I meet sweethearts that are white, black, hispanic or all three combined. It comes with being HUMAN, not black or white or indigo for that matter.

I weep for humanity over long-drawn out "news" like this.

It only exists to add fuel to the ever-burning hatred that exists in your hearts. I am honestly ashamed to call myself human, and not because of my own actions, but because of those committed by my brothers and sisters.

I am not a saint myself, I smoke, I drink, I like to have sex and I'm a glutton, and probably a pervert in my own way but what I don't do is worry about someone's gender or sexual orientation, or especially color.

Just more means of division so we wage the endless war against ourselves. All an illusion. So sad.

And I'd just like to add that I love all of you who are here expressing your opinion whether it's opposite of my own or flows with it because I realise that in our differing upbringings, and experiences we all think with different minds and that's great! That's what makes the world exciting and colorful! It'd be soooo boring if we were all brought up the same way, and we were all black or white, what would we even have to talk about? We'd already know we relate and nothing would have to be said. Boring!
edit on 8-5-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: Profanity slipped!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Because South American people have referred to THEMSELVES so much as Brown people.
Brown Pride wiki
Remember the meme about UPS and what can Brown do for you?
Spanish people (from Europe) and Spanish people from south of the border are not the same genetically.
All of a sudden, they are white according to media. hmmmm....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This has been posted elsewhere many times:
Everything Zimmerman and Martin

Some of those threads are closed, and this seems to be the "main" thread.

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join