It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing fears that huge North Korean volcano will soon erupt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Well if it does erupt and destroy the country, it'll save America a job lol.

What a horrible thing to say publicly. People live over there.

Says a lot about the US collective unconscious and the shape of its mind.

Hopefully many americans think out of the FOXNews box

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hi Puter Man, great post, always like reading your stuff. I just wanted a bit of clarification.
As a matter of habit and interest, I always have this site ticking away in the background, sure you know it well

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Trouble is that it lists Baekdu sure, but has nowhere near as much historical data as you have provided.
Have you a suggestion for a better site to use for these things, or am I just missing something?

Please point me in the right direction!
S&F for you.

PS Read a piece on Alexander Retrov recently by a puterman, or rather the debunking of.....was that you?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

IF this is the case, given the proximity of the Chinese and NK Nuke plants, the USA needs to begin preparations to accept several million refugees from Japan and South Korea.

Actually I don't really care about the Koreans, but we need to atleast save as many Japanese people if it blows. Just clear out the city of Detroit and give it to the refugees, as well as a few other slum cities.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Good thread puterman. Been following this one since last year. This is the most info I've rad about it.
The nuclear aspect I was unaware and find troubling. This volcano, if it goes will be fairly huge and most likely have a global impact.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The odds of it blowing up are about as good as Seattle getting washed away by a Tsunami... Now the odds of China being fed Nukes to feed the North Korean's now that one I am nearly positive about.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The folks at Ice Age Now seem to spend a lot of time scouring the news and web for any sign of an ice field or glacier that is growing as opposed to the vast majority that are shrinking, then highlighting a particular instance when a glacier, due to increased precipitation, (due to global warming), is growing then shrieking about it, (look! look! Ice Age Now!), and the oil and coal company backed climate commentators go into overdrive to let the whole world know about it. I guess this is how they came up with this little volcano tidbit.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Get Brian Drudge..... We need em but under control....

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Maybe we could all think really really hard and will the Volcano to erupt and destroy only the little fat dictator and military dinosaurs...I gonna start meditating really hard...

(this is good news if the fall-out is only on NK side)...

Sniper

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I notice in the pictures there is a large amount of water.

I watched a documentary regarding some of the natural and unnatural disasters that could cause Armageddon. In this documentary there was a mention of the Volcano Coldarra, in Yellowstone Park.

It gave evidence that the volcano may be on the virge of eruption due to the fact that the sheer rock faces around had layers of ash every 600,000 years or so. The most recent approximately 600,000 years ago. Further to this when the hot magma increases the pressure below the ground the land itself raises similar to how a pie raises in the oven. The raising of the land causes the water in the lake around to overflow on one side and flood some of the trees nearby. The land was surveyed and compared to a survey taken in 1920 which, excluding the obvious water overflow, shows the land height had changed.

Does the Volcano in N.Korea show something similar with the water and land levels? If it does perhaps it could be a better and more significant signal that the pressure underneath is reaching a 'blow up' level.

my $0.02

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Um I'm not seeing the real problem here. As long as it's over there an keeps from affecting the atmosphere to much, the poverty ridden country of NK will need to ask for foreign aid, this could be a great thing! China will also have to spend sometime cleaning stuff up and in that time maybe we can get a few activists out of the country. I see potential progress for the US out of this potentially horrific disaster.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
Um I'm not seeing the real problem here. As long as it's over there an keeps from affecting the atmosphere to much, the poverty ridden country of NK will need to ask for foreign aid, this could be a great thing! China will also have to spend sometime cleaning stuff up and in that time maybe we can get a few activists out of the country. I see potential progress for the US out of this potentially horrific disaster.

the problem is it's a super volcano and seems to be sitting precariously close to nuclear sites, if being a super volcano wasn't enough. if it had an explosive eruption, like it's track record dictates, it could be catastrophic for the entire world.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
A bit more history on the volcano:

According to Joseon Wangjo Sillok, a large earthquake of maximum intensity 9 (Modified Mercalli Intensity, MMI) and its aftershocks occurred at the border region of Samsu county in Hamgyeongdo Province in the year 1597. The document reveals that they were detected in Hamgyeongdo (MMI 6) and in Chungcheongdo (MMI 4) for three days. The mainshock was accompanied by a volcanic explosion at Wangtian that is located at 35km southwest from Mt. Baekdu. The place is one of the three eruption centers of the Mt. Baekdu volcanic body. A document from China reveals that a large earthquake with estimated magnitude 7.0 and aftershocks occurred in the gulf of Bohai on the same days as those of the Samsu earthquakes in Hamgyeongdo province.

Volcanic eruptions and seismicity of Mt. Baekdu (Changbai) occurred in the historical time

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'd have to research this topic to back it up. So no fears right now.

However, population is not stopping. And what's worse than overpopulation, is the fact that all of these people living in china/india/etc and in developing countries, totaling in the billions, want to enjoy a more developed lifestyle as people already do in the US. The US, proportionally and in absolute terms, uses far greater resources than other countries, even european nations! When the rest of these countries catch up, it will place a huge strain on the planet. If the strain is hard right now (by all accounts it's), it will be far worse in the future. How will the planet cope?

With all of this building going on you can be sure that some of it won't be regulated very well. So we'll end up with disasters just like those in japan. This is why nuclear power shouldn't be given to just anyone. But I suppose I'm being unfair since coal power kills far more people than nuclear. This is even true on a per unit of energy basis, so I'm not speaking only in absolute terms. Why're we not regulating coal as we should be? If we care so much about the lives of people, we would invest in safer and cleaner energy. Our system is corrupted deep in the bone and it's staring us in the face.
edit on 6-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Is there any evidence of activity there at the moment? I mean, volcanos seldom erupt to a timetable.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Interesting N. Korea's advances in Nuclear Deployement of Balistic Missiles.. suddenly a volcano awakens that could threaten N. korean with nuclear fallout. Anyone spell HAARP? ..conspiracy..I live for it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if they nuked the volcano mid-eruption. Maybe it would simply destroy the volcano and the lava?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CityFarmer

Until the day that a ballistic missle with the trademark Made in N. Korea lands in your backyard. I dont hear much sympathy for Americans abroad peticularly a few who recently were released from N. Korean prisons..but thats old news and is forgotten,,cept by me.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by frontiergame
I wonder what would happen if they nuked the volcano mid-eruption. Maybe it would simply destroy the volcano and the lava?

No. That would be very bad indeed. Volcanic ash is nasty enough. Radioactive volcanic ash would be indescribably bad.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, lets just have wishful thinking that N. Korea gets wiped out by the Volcano. Oh but wait, they have nuclear reactors... sounds kind of familiar now that I think about it. If they already found radiation in California from Japan, we don't need anymore nuclear reactors going up.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Funny to see how a thread about a potential volcano eruption turns into a war mongering agenda pushing fest within the first page.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join