It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle protest | Live Coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Here is a link to a live video shot of the protest going on in downtown seattle. The helicopter shooting the footage is visible outside of my window. I'll post any developments I get here. They're heading toward my house.

www.komonews.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wow I'm watching now they're showing protestors smashing windows at the courthouse and the police are gassing people as they're running away. I just moved from Seattle to Hawaii last year. Wish I was there now. Hope things stay under control.

-"Police confiscated a backpack with explosives in it"--I just heard this on the live stream as I'm typing.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Just got a call from my girlfriend from work. Pacific Place is barricading up their doors. Protesters are expected to be in that area at 5pm, right when people get off work.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
From live stream:

-Around noon Seattle time a group of protestors splintered off from main march and began smashing store windows. They were showing footage from the chopper and this one cop was chasing people who were running away from him, spraying tear gas at their backs. He emptied the entire can at like 7-10 people while they were running, then I swear it looked like he shook the can in frustration and threw it away toward the sidewalk. Wow.

-Mostly seems peaceful at the moment.

-Mayor has given police emergency authority to confiscate anything that could be perceived as a weapon.

-Crowd looks like mix of Occupy, ANONYMOUS, and immigration reform

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Right now it looks like it's getting more confrontational. Police have a group surrounded. News caster sounds nervous

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm going on record right now as saying I have real bad feeling about this one. I remember the WTO riots in Seattle. Things have not gotten better since then. I'm afraid this will escalate to violence, though I'm hoping it stays peaceful.

Things are escalating between police and protestors right now!

An officer threw a baton at someone and busted his head open. Dude wouldn't give up his flag pole, but I'm not sure if that's the same guy that got batoned.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Here is the planned route for the march. Who knows if things will change, but if you are in the path of this, please stay safe.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hottoboggan

So what do they want? What is this all about? Are they mad as hell and not going to take it anymore?

Why have they used the Mayday flag pole to cause chaos?

The mayor has used executive order to stop people from marching under certain mannerisms which can be considered violent.

So really, what is this all about? What about the peaceful protesters verses the anarchists?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

They also mentioned the Hilton Hotel.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

There's been a May Day march in Seattle every year for about a decade, but as far as I know they've never gotten out of hand. This time around, it seems like there's more "Occupy" supporters, and ANONYMOUS members present, and with the way protests have been turning out lately, everyone is on edge.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Any other links?

This one seems to have stopped.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Strange the live feed stopped for me too.
Try these:
Minute-by-minute: Seattle May Day protests This is just a rolling chat about the protest. No video it seems.

I'm having trouble finding other live coverage.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here's the cop spraying people running away from him.

I swear he was upset that he was out of mace.

new topics

top topics

join