It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS 'Protesters' (Possible plants) Calling For Violence Today on May Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What the hell? Take a look at these tweets coming in today.

It's May Day, KILL THE BOURGEOISIE!!!!

Happy May Day Everyone! Let's Riot!!!! Kill My Landlord by The Coup (with download link): youtu.be/1t9iCI9wXlU via @YouTube

happy may day kill all men

Link with the captured tweets

Are these guys serious? what the hell is going on?

edit on 5/1/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

OWS claims to represent the 99%. While I certainly don't consider myself to be in the top 1% elite, I have a hard time relating to OWS groups, their message, and their tactics. I suspect the 99% claim is overstated. They seem to be making themselves less relevant lately.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

We've known about today for a long, long time. Also, think back to 1992.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

If this is a tactic to get more attention... then they are stupid for doing it. You dont openly threaten to kill cops and people and expect no blowback.

I don't want to hear them cry today when they get their butt's handed to them by riot police. They will get whats coming to them. Tossing out threats like that... is not a great way to get more attention.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Violence won't solve anything but label them as terrorists. I won't support them anymore.

What is it with peaceful protests that can't stay peaceful?

Why can't the leaders of the movement be more careful about who they screen to be part of their protest?

This is just stupid.

link   
Could someone please give me quick run down on what this is all about? Why are they saying they are going to riot? Why on May day? I thought OWS was all about peaceful protest?

edit on 1-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

we've known about today? I didn't know they were going to shoot themselves in the foot by tossing out these threats.

so irresponsible. I just lost more respect for the movement.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

I don't know... its may day today. its a commie holiday I think.

but i don't get where they got the idea that saying they are going hurt/kill people was a good idea...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
here is more after digging through those twitter accounts.... here is a link one of these tweeters posted.

A Look at the Leaked NYPD Memo Prepping for May Day: ‘Wildcat March’ & Violent ‘Black Bloc’ Tactics

In what appears to be a genuine NYPD memo, police are seemingly bracing for violent “Black Bloc” tactics in New York City on May Day. According to Buzzfeed, NYPD representative Paul Browne has confirmed that the memo is genuine, and said the police have even distributed it to private sector security directors in preparation.

at least the police are prepared...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
People say things all the time, does not make it true.

Lets just see if the actions back up the words, wait until we see if indeed there will be a problem.

After all, as it was mentioned they are seeking attention, and what better way to get people to look at them. I understand the tactic. Politicians and businesses use it everyday, the only difference is the direction the tactic is pointed this time.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm shocked that no- one has mentioned plants...a couple tweets and the organization is out of control?
Pllllleeasssseeee!

If you don't like a certain group....what do you do to make them look bad??!!

Until you have video....and not of suspected moles....you really don't have proof of anything but some tweets from God Knows Who...and it also seems odd the tweeters user name isn't listed...

link   
The OWS movement has been hijacked and financed by the 1%. Its just another distraction while the Communist agenda moves "Forward". After all that is the President's new campaign slogan.

Living in the South OWS is not much of an issue just think what would happen if a small group of OWS tried to block a road....
Wow how the "points" would add up

Let them riot.... they just best stay in the large cities, because the country folk won't tolerate it.

Here in Mississippi its legal to for property owners to shoot looters.

Happy hunting

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yeah Isnt today a commie Holiday?

like if you celebrate it arent you put on a list?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I knew this was going to happen - with any movement it has been hijacked by the left and or right.

I even called it out near the beginning in a thread I posted. Guess I was right...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

They were chanting some of these tweets... a whole group is a plant? really?

i can understand a handful... but a whole group?

Go to the source link.... their accounts can be accessed from the source in the OP

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Its COINTELPRO and propaganda at its finest and most modern form. Any movement that is anti-liberty or anti-constitution I cannot and will not support.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Woah.. What happened to the organization they were supposed to be putting together?? I could have sworn I read an article about them actually stopping riots and come up with a solid plan and take advantage of those numbers............. Well, I suppose it didn't say in a non-violent manner.. I can't remember what I read, it was a few months ago. I wonder if this is the plan.

It's bound to fail.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

if that's their tactic... they sure as hell made it obvious and no ones going to buy it.

who do they think their fooling if this was their initial plan?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by tracehd1

They were chanting some of these tweets... a whole group is a plant? really?

i can understand a handful... but a whole group?

Go to the source link.... their accounts can be accessed from the source in the OP

When in a group, the masses are easily overtaken by group-think and thus can be easily lead in directions which they would not otherwise go if they were of clear mind.

But I do agree, it doesn't look very good. The nature of a riot, however, is seldom logical and clearheaded.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

thats my question as well... this is sort of tragic! I think theres something aloof but... I'm soooo torn right now... something doesnt seem right

top topics

<<   2 >>

join