It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks Cooperating With Each Other and Police to Track Occupy Protesters

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by gentledissident

Why isn't there an arrest? What are the police trying to do?

Cops don't arrest other cops.

Apparently the police did a heck of a job because overall the MayDay protests were an EPIC FAIL!

Exhibit A: This article in the Guardian describing the "relevance" of OWS goes on for more than 1,000 words without once mentioning any numbers as far as protestors in New York, Seattle, Oakland, and San Francisco.

Exhibit B: No mention of OWS May Day protests on front page of New York Times site today. They may have had something yesterday but if it had been impactful, they would have run front page stories for days.
Why? Suppose they began a revolution and no one showed up? If I was a left wing rag, I wouldn't have mentioned numbers either.

The Huffpo blog on the San Francisco-Oakland OWS May Day event begins, "Hundreds of protesters flooded the streets of San Francisco and Oakland on Tuesday as part of the nationwide May Day general strike organized largely by Occupy Wall Street."

"Flooded?" Who is the writer trying to kid? You don't "flood" the streets with only "hundreds" of protesters. Thousands or tens of thousands of protestors are needed to "flood" the streets. The fact that only 25 protestors were arrested the entire day tells the real story of participation in the May Day OWS relaunch.
link

The fact is the number of radicals in this country is small. OWS power is overblown!

I guess the ‘regrouping’ was unsuccessful because this thing went out with a little fizzle!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Okay, now you're just being an obvious troll. Go back to TAoT and report to your giggling 4channers. The end.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Everyone should leave their IDs at home and wear masks. It is not against the law to be walking around without ID

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Todensangst

That looks like they had one hell of a paintball fight. LOL

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by seabag

Okay, now you're just being an obvious troll.

I haven’t derailed the discussion. Having an opinion that you don’t like isn’t trolling. 300 people showed up to the OWS protests...it was an epic failure....deal with it.

Besides, it’s my thread! How does one ‘troll’ his/her own thread?

Go back to TAoT and report to your giggling 4channers. The end.

I have no idea what any of that means!

The End.

edit on 2-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Todensangst

That looks like they had one hell of a paintball fight. LOL

Why would the police shoot each other with paintballs like that?

OH, WAIT A MINUTE!! OWS DID THAT!! How can this be?? They are non violent protesters!

Isn’t that assault in most states??

Just because it shoots paintballs, doesn’t mean a paintball marker isn’t a serious weapon in the eyes of the law. Not only is it dangerous and stupid to use your paintball equipment outside of official game play, but it’s a great way to get yourself thrown in jail.

There’s an on-going battle in the courts right now on whether or not to start treating the ownership of paintball guns like a real gun. This is mainly due to the newer gun models getting more and more sophisticated. Some are capable of very high pressures and can shoot over 30 balls per second. In addition, newer laws are being prepared for those who do use paintball guns in assaults.
link

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Explanation: They were just playing.

This guy looks really thrilled, doesn't he?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oakland

Chicago (fbomb warning)

Seattle

New York

Did you really think you would get the truth on numbers?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Kali74

No it's your failure in your acceptance of it.

One-liners are against T&C…especially for SILVER contributors!

I accept OWS…I REJECT their/your ability to recognize that you’re playing TPTB's song!

Look, I can’t expect more from this group…really…OWS is OWS…I’m merely appealing to critical thinkers who are unaware of the BIG picture.

show me a country where "critical thinking" ended the peoples repression.....show me a country that changed due to protestors encased in fenced-off zones....show me a country where poor people have the same political clout as wealthy people....show me an american corporation that puts america first before profits.... show me a country that puts wall street executives in jail, instead of those protesting against them....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Everyone should leave their IDs at home and wear masks. It is not against the law to be walking around without ID

jesus, what country do you live in? is it a democracy? well, this is america and it is against the law
en.wikipedia.org...
you must think americans have constitutional rights? please, we are way pass that...oh, sorry my mistake, UNLESS you're wealthy, then that's when those constituional rights kick in.
edit on 2-5-2012 by jimmyx because: context

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I haven’t derailed the discussion. Having an opinion that you don’t like isn’t trolling. 300 people showed up to the OWS protests...it was an epic failure....deal with it.

Exhibit A. "You disagree so you're calling me a troll." I quite clearly explained my beef. It had nothing to do with disagreeing. You refuse to acknowledge the reality that we have all agreed that violence is wrong, and that it should stop. You repeat yourself regardless. Trolling.

Exhibit B: using ridiculous hyperbole like "300 people showed up...it was an epic failure." Any moron with a 4th grade reading level knows this is outrageously false. Trolling.

Nice try, though. I have to say, you got quite a few pages out of it. Well done.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Psychologically speaking, repression is self inflicted and arguably it would be "critical thinking" that would end such repression, even if it is en masse...before the United States began the most odious practice of free speech zones the United States was a nation where people protested outside of such zoning "laws" and this shows a demonstrable change within the United States...In Politics, Aristotle claims:

In considering how dissensions and poltical revolutions arise, we must first of all ascertain the beginnings and causes of them which affect constitutions generally. They may be said to be three in number; and we have now to give an outline of each. We want to know (1) what is the feeling? (2) what are the motives of those who make them? (3) whence arise political disturbances and quarrels? The universal and chief cause of this revolutionary feeling has been already mentioned; viz., the desire of equality, when men think that they are equal to others who have more than themselves; or, again, the desire of inequality and superiority, when conceiving themselves to be superior they think that they have not more but the same or less than their inferiors; pretensions which may and may not be just. Inferiors revolt in order that they may be equal, and equals that they may be superior. Such is the state of mind which creates revolutions. The motives for making them are the desire of gain and honor, or the fear of dishonor and loss; the authors of them want to divert punishment or dishonor from themselves or their friends. The causes and reasons of revolutions, whereby men are themselves affected in the way described, and about the things which I have mentioned, viewed in one way may be regarded as seven, and in another as more than seven. Two of them have been already noticed; but they act in a different manner, for men are excited against one another by the love of gain and honor- not, as in the case which I have just supposed, in order to obtain them for themselves, but at seeing others, justly or unjustly, engrossing them. Other causes are insolence, fear, excessive predominance, contempt, disproportionate increase in some part of the state; causes of another sort are election intrigues, carelessness, neglect about trifles, dissimilarity of elements.

going on to explain that it is a constant struggle between the haves and the have nots. When the disparity between the haves and the have nots reaches a point where the have nots can no longer survive, they revolt and a redistribution of wealth takes place. After the redistribution and time, the have nots grow apathetic allowing the haves to reacquire the wealth they lost because of revolt and the cycle continues, and continues, and continues....American's United Against Seperation of Church and State appears to put America before profits:

Americans United for Separation of Church and State is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation organized under the laws of the District of Columbia.

American River Touring Association

We are a non-profit corporation, founded in 1963, registered with the State of California and known to one and all as ARTA.

Our mission is to introduce you to the wilderness and to involve you in our trips in a manner that is safe, meaningful, and beneficial to both you and the environment.

...in 2004 the United States federal government charged Jeffrey Skilling was charged and ultimately convicted of fraud and insider trading. Joe Nacchio, Gregory Reyes, John Rigas, Richard Scrushy, Sam Waksal, Dennis Koslowski, and Bernard Ebbers, to name just a very few...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Exhibit A. "You disagree so you're calling me a troll." I quite clearly explained my beef. It had nothing to do with disagreeing. You refuse to acknowledge the reality that we have all agreed that violence is wrong, and that it should stop. You repeat yourself regardless. Trolling.

You keep repeating that the violence displayed by OWS is wrong and should stop but has it stopped? I've clearly shown it has not. You can't just denounce it and make it disappear...it's still there! It will always be there because these are the type of people who comprise OWS. 

Exhibit B: using ridiculous hyperbole like "300 people showed up...it was an epic failure." Any moron with a 4th grade reading level knows this is outrageously false. Trolling.

Show me a location that had more than a few hundred people this week. Better yet, show me a location where there weren't documented arrests made. Good luck. 

Nice try, though. I have to say, you got quite a few pages out of it. Well done.

Thank you! I couldn't have done it without you.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Show me a location that had more than a few hundred people this week.

I did in this post just a few posts up.

You keep repeating that the violence displayed by OWS is wrong and should stop but has it stopped? I've clearly shown it has not. You can't just denounce it and make it disappear...it's still there! It will always be there because these are the type of people who comprise OWS.

It's not Occupy, it's blackbloc and they aren't wanted. If only the police would do something about them instead of harassing and illegally arresting peaceful protesters.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I did in this post just a few posts up.

Half of the people in those pictures would have been there anyway!! It’s a busy street in NEW YORK! I don’t see signs in the hands of many of them and many are wearing business suits! In the Chicago video the camera never pans out.

It's not Occupy, it's blackbloc and they aren't wanted. If only the police would do something about them instead of harassing and illegally arresting peaceful protesters.

Where was BlackBloc during the biggest rally of our lifetime; the Tea Party rally in DC? I don’t recall numerous arrests or even a single incident of civil unrest. Why are those types of people only drawn to OWS?

By the way, this is what a HUGE turnout looks like….in case you forgot.

edit on 3-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

He really isn't interested in listening to you, he's just trolling. Let the thread die and he will starve with no attention. Teenagers are like that.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

He really isn't interested in listening to you, he's just trolling. Let the thread die and he will starve with no attention. Teenagers are like that.

The only thing that will starve and die is OWS!

It’s hard to gain traction and support when your only message is “gimme gimme gimme.”

What are the OWS’ers going to do when they collapse the government and the government assistance stops arriving? Wealth redistribution fails every time; it dies when there’s no wealth left to steal, which won’t be long if OWS gets it way. None of you have thought past the next violent protest. Pathetic!

All this patting each other on the back won't put food on the table! Good luck!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Attack police officers- fellow citizens trying to do their job
Attack corporations- the very thing that employs people.
Destroy the most successful nation on the planet.
I can see this movement really making some positive change

Chanting mindless zombies

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
Attack police officers- fellow citizens trying to do their job
Attack corporations- the very thing that employs people.
Destroy the most successful nation on the planet.
I can see this movement really making some positive change

Chanting mindless zombies

That's all they know!

They are mindless zombies....OBAMA's mindless zombies!

Here's PROOF of their illness.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join