It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This being a touchy subject, what do you think the pressure will be like for the jurors of the Zimme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This has been a tragic incident that has harmed both families involved, especially Martin Trayvon's family. I have no opinion what so ever being as I don't know any of the details other than what the media has leaked.

That being said, what bothered me from day 1 is the way the media has turned this into a race issue. Why, I don't know because unfortunately, crimes like this happen quite frequently. I just wondered why now are they playing the race card trying to stir up uncalled for trouble? And now, I just read an earlier post here :

An black 18-year-old suspected of a violent attack on a white teen told Chicago police the beating was motivated by his anger over the Trayvon Martin case in Florida, MyFoxChicago reports

I have also noticed that Rodney King has been making the rounds on news stations too. If you'll remember, all those riots back in 1997 were mainly because the cops that beat him up were acquitted.. Once again, why is the media pressing the race issue? Doesn't it seem a tad bit odd that they're bringing up Rodney King now? That's to remind the people of what happened then and what COULD happen now, if the trial doesn't end right.

Which leads me to my original question:
What kind of pressure will be on the jury?

Can Zimmerman get a fair trial now that the race card has been played? Bringing R. King into the picture to me sends a message to the public of "don't forget the riots", it can happen again. Plus the U.N. has shown interest. Why? Murders happen all the time in our country, so why do they care now?

(CNSNews.com) – A Florida advocacy group spearheading protests over the racially-charged Trayvon Martin shooting has welcomed the intervention of the United Nations’ human rights chief, who has called for the shooter to be put on trial and “reparations for the victims concerned.” “We believe that the United Nations involvement can help prevent another Trayvon Martin situation in other counties across the world,” J. Willie David, president of the Florida Civil Rights Association, said in a statement provided to CNSNews.com on Monday. “The shooting death of Trayvon Martin and Florida’s Stand Your Ground Law have created a worldwide movement that calls into question how justice is delivered to victims of color,” he said. ›

[www.wnd.com...[/url]

And with Rev. Al Sharpton inciting violence BEFORE Zimmerman was arrested, what will he do if Zimmerman were to be found innocent?

TextSHARPTON THREATENS ESCALATION OF CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE Says protests 'will move to the next level' if Zimmerman remains free Published: 03/30/2012 at 8:34 PM

I realize that was before the initial arrest, but what happens now?

I worry that the jury will be FORCED to make a decision that may not be what they want. If found innocent, what will happen? Riots of course. The message is already being sent via the news media. More violence will escalate I'm afraid regardless.

SO..... what do you think? Will the jury be pressured to find him guilty even if they believe him to be innocent just to satisfy the few that will cause mayhem across this country? What a mess this is thanks to the media.....

What are your thoughts.....

Mods, if this isn't in the correct forum please change it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I think they might be pressured to buy a new Mercedes.

Given the amount of air time the entire news outlet of America has put into this, there is no way in hell anyone would ever get a totally honest jury. Don't worry, we'll be hearing all about this for months.
edit on 26-4-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I hope to be on that jury. It has been just over 2 years since my last call to jury duty and I seem to get called every 2 years or so. I already believe that there is reasonable doubt. Thus he should not be convicted.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I believe that when the truth comes out, there won't be much of a real issue. That bloodied head pic is an eye opener. I would put it on here, but I suspect it would be axed because its too graphically violent. Also, his background will come out, which is completely non-racist. he's actually part Black himself, has lived with Blacks, hung out with them. The charge of racism can't possibly be justified. But he's not charged with that officially either. The whole thing is an indictment not on Zimmerman, but on those who want to fuel the fires of racism, such as NBC clearly did in doctoring his comments to 911. Guess we'll see.....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I am pretty sure there will be a change of venue.

A little bit of Al and Jessie goes a long way, even in Florida.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Sorry, would like to correct the name....

Trayvon Martin

Got it backwards at the beginning of my post....didn't catch it till after I posted it. Apologies.....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

What kind of pressure will be on the jury?

Who cares...they will collectively write a book about their experience, and reap the rewards right afterwards without a 2nd thought.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

That's what bothers me, the amount of news coverage that this is getting when there's tragedies like this every day. I don't mean to down play what happened because it's awful, but why this particular case? And all the hate that is being spewed towards white people. Zimmerman isn't white. Just an excuse to create a red flag maybe? To incite violence to pass more laws against guns maybe? Strange if you ask me...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There's a lot of thread discussing the Zimmermann-Martin case:

Everything Zimmerman and Trayvon

This being the main thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.
edit on Thu Apr 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join