It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegians to protest Breivik, singing song he hates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
uk.reuters.com...

I still don't see how he believes that what he did wasn't criminal.

Nonetheless, I personally believe he's a brilliant man. He's obviously coherent and worth listening to.

They're even throwing a concert for him.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

He could have killed all those people because they were on an island, but does that mean we should all live on islands to oppose him? What he did wrong was killing those people.

I don't know what I feel about immigration since I wouldn't be in america if my ascendents hadn't immigrated here from germany/sweden/finland. They were mostly poor and looking for opportunity here. My grandma left germany in the 1930's or 1940's. My grandfather came here on a ship with no money and worked everywhere in 1901 or so. But I do know that whether unrestricted immigration is wrong or right, you don't kill people unless it's through legal means. This guy is a murderer.

He creeps me out. This is the kind of guy that can be bred to kill based on idealogy. He's smart enough to learn the protocol and he's crazy enough to justify the killing.
edit on 26-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Bravo to Norway. It's sure not how we'd react to this monster here, but that is what gives the people there such Charm and sets them apart. This is, in thinking on it, so much better a solution that screaming in the headlines and wishing for his doom. This is more likely to drive him bonkers in his cell than any insult or empty threat from a talking head or blogger ever could.

Well done to the folks over there for a creative way of really annoying this monster they have by the tail.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It is a significant event by the 40,000 brave Norwegians and for humanity worldwide.

Tears well up in my eyes over what they had done. They refused to give in to hate and the rhetoric the devil had spouted. It gives me hope and faith in humanity....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

No wonder countries like Norway seem are so ahead of us.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Rathyas because: i dont proofread always lololol

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

It sure shows the radical contrasts between a society set up with peace and benefit to the citizens in mind (Norway) and a nation set up literally from Day 1 in war, conflict and the preparing for the next one. I don't feel the least Anti-American by saying it. It's just the truth...

Thanks for sharing this though, OP. This is sure the kind of news I would likely have missed..and it does, as noted in the thread, remind me that human decency and empathy is still out there somewhere.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
As a Norwegian I was very worried about this entire terror-act, and I'm still not completely reassured yet. Things can change very fast. But, I hope we're on the right track. Stopping the bad stuff, and strengthening the good stuff in our society. The first song we sang was a dark one. It was a song every Norwegian knows. This song is about non-violence as a solution in a brutal world. Here is an article about that song:
en.wikipedia.org...

Now, we're singing a more cheerful song about how big the world is, and that there is room for everybody. This is a song that all Norwegian children learn as well. But, this one is at kindergarden level. The song is famous sung by a Norwegian singer, but it was originally made by an American. Here is the American version on Youtube:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Kudos, Norway. You didn't allow hate to replace the sorrow that filled your hearts on that dark day. This is, by far, the most surprising and wonderful demonstration I have ever seen or read about. There was no violence, protesting, screaming or riot police - there was just singing, in unison. It was wonderful.

new topics

top topics

join