It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Activists Trash Park on Earth Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

More than one San Francisco park was apparently "trashed" by Earth Day activists this year !!

How ironic as you would think they would have been there with brooms and garbage cans to keep everything clean to set a good example of their "activism"

I guess not.

The link is mostly "pictorial" ....

Happy Earthday everybody! This was the scene at Fort Mason park in San Francisco after Earth Day activists were through partying ....

CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS

Despicable behavior !!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
But they used paper bags!!~@~ It's bio-degradable

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Do as I say, not as I do!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

LOL you have to realise about 1% of that crowd were 'activists', the rest are there for the party, and like any event it gets trashed.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This really is a disgusting mess, so called 'green' activists have a bloody cheek!
What I don't understand is why can't people just take their rubbish home with them when they leave, or put it in the nearest bin??

Maybe the people in charge of the area should instal more bins when a public event is happening.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If I could just inject some logic, here.

Part of the definition of being an environmental activist, presumably, is wanting to keep the environment free of pollution. I could be wrong, but last I checked, rubbish counts as a form of pollution.

On the other hand, we have a group of large corporations who are known for their desire to continue to engage in activities which result in chronic environmental pollution...corporations for whom police have a known willingness to act as mercenaries.

Then we have this reported on, by a corporate media that is also already known for telling lies, for the purpose of defaming the opponents of said corporations.

Is anyone else able to figure out where I'm going, with this line of reasoning?

edit on 25-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Maybe these 'activists' were not activists at all, but had an agenda to give activists a bad name?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmazonOfArtemis
Maybe these 'activists' were not activists at all, but had an agenda to give activists a bad name?

Perhaps.

That would certainly be one possibility.

Lets see if any genuine activists deny the mess.

They should have by now.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

LOL you have to realise about 1% of that crowd were 'activists', the rest are there for the party, and like any event it gets trashed.

Good point if that's true.

But then the 1% should have taken the initiative to prevent the problem, and at least clean it up.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

My thought exactly and judging by some of the posts here they achieved what they wanted.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Why would those in power want to give these activists a bad name?

The more people that believe in "Earth day", the easier it will be to have them accept a carbon tax like we got scammed with here.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

A point that no one else will ever consider.

Welcome to Ignorance 101!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

This is an article your article links to.

sfist.com...

Fox Nation Sees Trash In San Francisco, Fabricates Entire Story To Blame Green Activists

After the story was picked up by the Huffington Post, conservative bloggers from the Gateway Pundit and Fox Nation seized the opportunity to repurpose a couple photos along with an entirely fabricated story pinning the blame on Earth Day partiers and "Green Activists." Here's how the story appeared on Fox Nation:

Happy Earthday everybody! This was the scene at Fort Mason park in San Francisco after Earth Day activists were through partying ....CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yes, because a few piles of rubbish, is the same as massive corporations around the planet continuously spewing toxins into the water supply, the air, the Earth...

Seriously people, you're taking one little example of some mess, that happens as a result of EVERY large gathering from the Royal Wedding to Tea Party events, and turning that into some sort of right-wing focus?

If this is all the radical right have to throw at the "lefties" then I'm so glad!

I hate both parties, and I think people who follow one blindly like a parroting cheerleader are pathetic. But when I see threads like this, clearly created for no reason other than screaming about those "radical lefties", the "commies" and the "dirty hippies" it makes my blood boil.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Good one!

Amazing what people think they can get away with online. Heh.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Why would those in power want to give these activists a bad name?

The more people that believe in "Earth day", the easier it will be to have them accept a carbon tax like we got scammed with here.

Those in power want to give all activist a bad name, unless those activists are wealthy corporations - like lobbyists for example.

Activism is dangerous for all governments, because it has the capacity to mobilize the public and get them fired up about something. Your government doesn't want that!

Carbon Tax? Please!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

This is an article your article links to.

sfist.com...

Fox Nation Sees Trash In San Francisco, Fabricates Entire Story To Blame Green Activists

After the story was picked up by the Huffington Post, conservative bloggers from the Gateway Pundit and Fox Nation seized the opportunity to repurpose a couple photos along with an entirely fabricated story pinning the blame on Earth Day partiers and "Green Activists." Here's how the story appeared on Fox Nation:

Happy Earthday everybody! This was the scene at Fort Mason park in San Francisco after Earth Day activists were through partying ....CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS

Boy did that link change in a hurry !!

When I first looked at it, there were 6 or 8 pictures and some dialog !!

The page is completely different than a few hours ago.

Hmmmm.

I am noticing at the bottom of the updated page is a link to what looks like the original link ...
Marina Partiers Leave Behind Massive Fort Mason Mess

Hmmmm.

Welcome to the age of internet quick editing !!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Think yourselves lucky, this is what we get on the Summer Solstice.
I'd set bear traps for the little disrespectful barstids.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Perhaps it is just me, but I have looked at those pictures a dozen times or so to make sure of it, but they are clearly staged. The rubbish heap is the same, it just moves from one area to another, in some cases what must be 100ft or so between the different areas of landscape. It appears that the concentration is much higher than it is because there are so many people transporting rubbish to one place ( at a time ), but they are clearly staged.

Don't get me wrong, I get very annoyed at pollutors of the environment, but even if this were true, they have made more of a fuss about it, than they did with the BP oil leak, a reality check is overdue !
edit on 25-4-2012 by Qwenn because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
We are for sure seeing conflicts here.

The Huff Post Article doesn't seem to mention "activists" !!

It only seems to be making an ironic reference to "Earth Day".
(unless they too have "edited" their article)

Hmmm.

I must say now that the Fox story is BeeEss .....

Unless the "activists" are claiming the Fox story is wrong after the exposure .....

But I doubt it now.

The Fox story is all wrong.

I apologize

But now who DID make that mess?

Just local partiers I guess.

edit on Apr-25-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join