It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test turns to humiliation for kindergartner

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This happened in my home state of Missouri. I am dumb founded that the parents are not pressing charges. As the father states, if you send your child to school with messed underpants you would be charged with a crime, but the school can send them home with messed pants and it's okay.

Still am not understanding the lack of a lawsuit here. Your opinions please, also I am still not familiar with uploading video so I will post a link to the full story and video.

What say you??

- STORY HERE -

Thanks to the other members for finding links...

Another link to story

edit on April 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: fixed/added links....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Got this message when I went to your link:

"Sorry, the page you requested could not be found.
We just redesigned our website, and it likely moved to a new location.
Please start with the menu above, and look for links to the information you want.
You can also visit our homepage, or search ky3.com using the box near the top right corner of this screen.
Feel free to submit a question by visiting our Contact Us page.
Thanks for visiting KY3.COM."

-shrug-

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
My link seems to not work, mods, please remove this post until I get a grasp of what it is that I am doing, thank you

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
www.kshb.com...

Let's try this link.........sorry guys!!! This is a very important story and it needs to be heard!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The link I just posted will take you to the story and to a video of the rest of the story............I'm so heart broken over this, it just turns my stomach!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That's pretty awful. I get what you meant by the "parents can't do that, but the school can" thing. Pretty ridiculous. The teacher, the school, or both should have legal action taken against them. Poor child.

Something like this incident will stick with her for a long while, if not forever.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If you don't want to pursue the thread..I'll be happy to make one and take this. I think you're doing fine though.

Another link to story

A Missouri mother says her 6-year-old daughter was humiliated after she was denied a bathroom break in her kindergarten class and was forced to sit in her diarrhea during a test session at school. "They didn't even bother trying to clean her up or anything. She still had poop, diarrhea poop, coming out the back, up her front, down her legs," said the mother, Lisa Skidmore of Washburn, Mo., told KY3-TV on Tuesday.

I'm with you OP. This makes me ashamed but it also pisses me off to no end. This school is about 45 minutes from where I am and the station origininating the news is a few blocks away. I am around at least one person working at that station a few days a week.

Thanks to your catch...I'll absolutely do my part to see that people here in Springfield hear about this whether they saw KY-3 tonight or not. The school THINKS it's a Confidential matter? well.. OOPS.. Sorry. I've heard those VERY WORDS so many times from our own School here in Springfield, I could just scream in the face of the next one I hear say it. The PARENTS often don't care about Confidentiality so it's got nothing to do with privacy, it's how schools here cover their butts and end a line of questions from EVERYONE...not JUST the news.

Thanks again for the catch. KY-3 must have had kittens when they saw the return feeds of where the links were coming from for how widely this is getting seen. GOOD. I hope that school RUES THE DAY they so much as considered allowing a thing like this..and then not immediately taking serious action against the Teacher once they became aware of what happened.

If \my effort and words can help anything...We'll see if a little public pressure from more Irate parents can't help the school down there see the error of their ways in forcing a child to sit in their own filth. Unacceptable isn't even in the ballpark for covering this.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thanks wrabbit, I think I got it............with your help of course, it's funny, been here since 2007 and still don't know much about linkys and such. But I would like to keep the thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

That's pretty damn pathetic!

I say cuff the teacher to the flagpole, then force a quart of prune juice down her gullet.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I would love this to get as much attention as that Travon thing............this poor girl was humiliated and will carry this the rest of her life! I want action! I am shocked that the parents aren't doing more. If it were my child I am sure I would be in jail right now............who knows what I would do! I want this to become national!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The actions of the teacher in this situation are quite deplorable. Not only does the teacher deny the child usage of the restroom but they fail to handle the accident caused by their refusal with any sort of human decency. I recall as a child I wet my pants in school and was immediately sent to the nurse to be cleaned up and get a change of clothes. This teacher gives the child a garbage bag to wrap around her and has her sit back down, how sad.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Errr... I wrote that start line right after I read your post telling the mods to take it down.... I'd been researching, reading and writing that one and hadn't seen the more recent ones. My bad.. Now that sounds so pretentious. lol.. My bad.

I'm definitely in full agreement though and absolutely far enough to help with spreading the word of what happened here among parents here. My wife agreed entirely and she's very deep into the Special Needs community and by that, networked to heck and back with the parent related groups and things around town.

I really do appreciate the catch. It's horrible..but I know more about what's happening in Tehran, Iran or Germany than I do about my own town some days....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I agree it's a problem that needs to be addressed. If I was one of the parents, I'd certainly be making a pretty big "stink" of it. The teacher should be, at the least, charged with child neglect for not cleaning the poor girl up. If I was the Judge that found her guilty, I would give her the choice of 30 days in jail, or my previous option, for a day. I was serious about that!

Teachers don't seem to accept responsibility the way they used to. When I was in the second grade, I had a teacher that wouldn't let me go to the bathroom, and I peed all over myself. After I did so, I'm sure she felt as bad about it as I did. I remember her telling my mom that she would never make that mistake again. I'll bet she didn't either.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
EVERY parent needs to tell their child that anytime they need to use the restroom and are denied, they should get up and GO regardless of what the teacher says. Then the parents and teachers can have a little face-to-face over it if the teachers/principles wish to make a big deal over it.

This is RIDICULOUS that this happened to that poor girl.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
get every parent of every child in the school to protest till somone fixes this.. and embarress them for a week stright ~!!! 1 day for every minute that girl had to sit there ~!!! x100~!!

and fire the principal and assistant Prince~!! ETA: AND the teacher
edit on 19-4-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I couldn't agree more! It's late here in KC but I will be calling that school first thing in the morning and voice my opinion on the teacher and how they are handling the matter. My kids in our district are out for the day so I have a few minutes and then some on my hands to let them know just how I feel. And I will be calling the national news as well. I want this teacher gone and the school held responsible!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you for the clarification and for the help with the linkys!!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is why i have lost a lot of hope for humanity.

These stories just popping up like this just keep happening (not all like this but similar.).

Some people truly deserve death and nothing less IMHO.

Maybe if we started en-acting harsher punishments against such idiocy, other humans might learn something, like common sense or common decency for that matter.

I got it! how about re-leaving her of a few weeks pay. That would teach the teacher a lesson. If you can't teach a person what is right or wrong, teach them by hitting their wallet. I guarantee they will learn something, not much, but something.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'd not say death like the poster above (or a few above if someone posts before I do) but there has to be some reprimand for this!

Fire the teacher. They can not teach again or even work with the elderly. Anyone who needs assistance is off bounds to this person for life.

My heart bleeds for the little girl. Sure, her peers will soon forget it happened. But what about her? Is she going to wonder 16 years from now why she has this constant urge to have to use the bathroom constantly? Or why she holds it back until weeks go by? Is she going to have other psychological issues from this? It's crazy how impressionable kids are at this age. She may not fully remember this day, but it could affect her in the future.

Horrifying. Absolutely horrifying.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
EVERY parent needs to tell their child that anytime they need to use the restroom and are denied, they should get up and GO regardless of what the teacher says. Then the parents and teachers can have a little face-to-face over it if the teachers/principles wish to make a big deal over it.

This is RIDICULOUS that this happened to that poor girl.

Yes, this is what I tell my children and have informed their teachers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join