It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yom HaShoah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
In memory of all the lives lost in HaShoah (the Holocaust) and to all people affected by violence around the world.

the holocaust is one of the greatest atrocities in all of human history. millions upon millions of innocent civilian lives were lost, senselessly. i don't believe that we can truly fathom the scale of the disaster today. as the horrors of the past fall further behind us, it is important that we not forget the lessons those terrible things taught us. and in honor of the people who lost their lives, it is important that we keep their memory alive. that is why yom hashoah was created.

today is a day of remembrance. this day conjures up a whirlwind of emotions for myself and countless others, and i think it's all too easy to be swept away by the current of our collective pain. i feel like i'm flung from sorrow and mourning, to outrage, to fear, then back to the beginning and through it all again. at times i feel like i'm going to be sick with the intensity of it all. and indeed, this rush of emotions has its place on this day, above all others. but in letting ourselves be captured by these crushing feelings, i worry that we may lose sight of why this day is truly so important.

yom hashoah is more than a day to keep the memory of these millions of victims alive in our hearts. we dedicate this day in remembrance of what happened, because it is up to us to ensure that we create a world in which it can never happen again. alongside our bereavement, we must also keep alive the spark of our anger and indignation. we must use that energy to stamp out the seeds of racism and hatred that fester like open sores on the face of our society. if we fail to realize that this burden falls on us, if we fail to speak out against the injustice, violence, hatred and ignorance that pits human beings against one another, then we can never be safe. we cannot live in a world where things like the holocaust don't happen, unless we take it upon ourselves to create that world.

so today, take a moment to stand in silence for those who died in what is now one of the deepest scars on the face of human history. and in that moment, make a promise. to yourself, to everyone you love, and to the world you belong to, that you will stand against violence and crimes against humanity. each year on this day, remember your responsibility as a member of society, and renew that promise.

--kit.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitsunegari

I am so glad that there are still people like you out there mate.

It restores my faith in humankind, to know that people with love and compassion is still out there. Many times, the evils of this world, seems to overshadow all the love and good that is still there.

It just takes a thread like this, to hopefully make some people aware of this fact again.

Star and Flag, for bringing some hope to me at least. Hopefully others will follow suit.

vvv

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Can we remember all the Palestinian lives lost to Israeli weapons?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It's sad for sure but what is more sad is that this is only a small scar on the face of human history.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

This thread is about remembering the victims of all genocidal violence. Today is a day dedicated to remembering the Holocaust, and in remembering the Holocaust we must also consider the crimes of Mao Ze Dong, Josef Stalin, Kim Il Sung, Tito in Yugoslavia, Israeli against Palestinian, Hutu against Tutsi and so many others. That is essentially my point; when we reflect upon any one of these individually, we must come to the necessary conclusion that it is our duty to prevent this from ever happening again - in any form and to any peoples.

--Kit.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Thank you for reminding us AGAIN of what happened 70 years ago.

You cant possibly let that bone go, cant you?

Well... a lot more ppl died in the last 70 years after the holocaust, so... why you guys keep bringing that up? You scared the world forgets and does it again?

Or is it because israel is in a really tight place right now and needs support to some "not-so" justifiable actions they're about to make?

Good job nevertheless... with ppl like you always playing the holocaust card, ppl will never forget - the recoil tho, is that ppl can get a bit fed up with the incessant holocaust brainwashing for the last 70 years.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
reply to post by OccamAssassin

This thread is about remembering the victims of all genocidal violence. Today is a day dedicated to remembering the Holocaust, and in remembering the Holocaust we must also consider the crimes of Mao Ze Dong, Josef Stalin, Kim Il Sung, Tito in Yugoslavia, Israeli against Palestinian, Hutu against Tutsi and so many others. That is essentially my point; when we reflect upon any one of these individually, we must come to the necessary conclusion that it is our duty to prevent this from ever happening again - in any form and to any peoples.

--Kit.

Yes, we must remember the victims of all genocidal violence. A quote from the Torah says it best:

"But you shall utterly destroy them, the Hittite and the Amorite, the Canaanite and the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite, as the LORD your God has commanded you."

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Yom HoShoah should be used to remind ourselves of how far we still have to go. I mean really, what's changed? Atrocities of the sort Yom HoShoah commemorates have continued to occur with disturbing regularity since. So, what has Man learned from it? Nothing would be my guess...so the reminder is well warranted.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Thank you for reminding us AGAIN of what happened 70 years ago.

You cant possibly let that bone go, cant you?

Well... a lot more ppl died in the last 70 years after the holocaust, so... why you guys keep bringing that up? You scared the world forgets and does it again?

Or is it because israel is in a really tight place right now and needs support to some "not-so" justifiable actions they're about to make?

Good job nevertheless... with ppl like you always playing the holocaust card, ppl will never forget - the recoil tho, is that ppl can get a bit fed up with the incessant holocaust brainwashing for the last 70 years.

People like you have perverted twisted minds and hearts..

I pity you

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Its still occuring today, just visit Israel. And if you are a christian, take care that the local jewish folk dont run you down with a bull dozer. An its advisable to wear a water proof coat, as they also love to spit at you. But its not their fault. Their god told them that we are just animals. There to be used and abused by the chosen race of god. We are just animals, to the only real humans on the planet.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Been there a few times.. Never got spat on once...
edit on 19-4-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I was there also and no one spat at me. But I was a legion para and had a gun. I would have shot anyone spitting at me, jew or muslim.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
reply to post by EvanB

I was there also and no one spat at me. But I was a legion para and had a gun. I would have shot anyone spitting at me, jew or muslim.

Wow!!

You admit you would do something like that?? For being spit on??

Maybe you deserve to be spit on.

vvv
edit on 19-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

I was there as a soldier too, and as a civvy.... I swapped spit with a few of the women if that counts??

They do breed them very hot in Israel!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It's fine to deny Palestinians the rights to their own land, and perfectly OK to deny UN nuclear inspectors access to Israel's own weapons of mass destruction, BUT:

Holocaust denial is explicitly or implicitly illegal in 17 countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, and Switzerland. (Wikipedia)

If the Holocaust actually occurred, why make it a crime to investigate the facts?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
for the same reason you have elections that are rigged

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I was sent there as a peace keeper, after about 80 of my friends were blown up in a hotel. At one check point a jewish officer said to me, just do what we do. If they protest, just shoot the front ranks down and they will disperse. He said we like to shoot the men, use the bayonet on their women and the rifle but on their children. What a bunch of sickos I thought. No wonder the muslims are going nuts if thats how they are treated. As it happens I had many muslim friends in my Regiment. From Algeria Moroco and Tunis. I was not really interested in the spirit in the sky gang, christan jewish or muslim, All killing each other in the name of their nice kind gentle loving god. But it was wrong what I saw there and no excuse of genocide by the nazis, could excuse what was going down there.
edit on 19-4-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I cant possibly live with your pity now can I?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You have too..

Because you have it..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join