It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Signs That Middle Class Families Have Been Targeted For Extinction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Like so many, I've felt for a long time now that the Middle Class has been targeted for elimination, or at the very least one heckuva neutering. For TPTB the scariest thing in the world I believe is a strong, vibrant Middle Class and that just doesn't sit well with them. So it has seemed that for many years now they have tried to diminish the Middle Class and as of late it appears as though they've suceeded.

Came upon this list today and browsed over it and just kind of thought to myself, "Well...there it is".

Look over the list and let me know what your thoughts are. Links to backup the statistics are included in the original article linked at the bottom.

I'll need to double-post due to the length of the list, so here is the link which I'll post again at the end:

The middle class in America is being systematically wiped out, and most people don’t even realize what is happening.

#SNIP#

There are three key factors that are constantly chipping away at the middle class….
-Globalization
-Inflation
-Taxes

#SNIP#

If America wants to be great again, it is going to need a thriving middle class. But right now the federal government and the big corporations are gobbling up all of the power and all of the money and the middle class is shrinking rapidly.

The following are 25 signs that middle class families have been targeted for extinction….

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The list of 25 signs:

#1 Over the past several decades, millions upon millions of middle class Americans have been systematically turned into government dependents. Back in 1960, social welfare benefits made up approximately 10 percent of all salaries and wages. In the year 2000, social welfare benefits made up approximately 21 percent of all salaries and wages. Today, social welfare benefits make up approximately 35 percent of all salaries and wages.

#2 Unemployment is at epidemic levels and the vast majority of the new jobs that have been “created” in recent years have been low paying jobs. Of those Americans that do have a job at this point, one out of every four works a job that pays $10 an hour or less.

#3 The “working poor” is a group that is rapidly growing in this country. If you can believe it, the United States actually has a higher percentage of workers doing low wage work than any other major industrialized nation does.

#4 Over the past several decades, the percentage of low income jobs has steadily increased. Back in 1980, less than 30% of all jobs in the United States were low income jobs. Today, more than 40% of all jobs in the United States are low income jobs.

#5 The way that our economic system is structured today, almost all of the economic rewards go to the very top of the food chain. The following is how income gains in the United States were distributed during 2010….
-37 percent of all income gains went to the top 0.01 percent of all income earners
-56 percent of all income gains went to the rest of the top 1 percent
-7 percent of all income gains went to the bottom 99 percent

#6 Several decades ago, there was a much more even distribution of income in this country. Back in the 1970s, the top 1 percent of all income earners brought in about 8 percent of all income. Today, they bring in about 21 percent of all income.

#7 As the middle class shrinks, the number of “low income” and “poor” Americans is rapidly rising. Today, approximately 48 percent of all Americans are currently either considered to be “low income” or are living in poverty.

#8 Manufacturing jobs once enabled huge numbers of Americans to enjoy a middle class lifestyle. Unfortunately, those jobs are leaving this country at a breathtaking pace. Back in 1940, 23.4% of all American workers had manufacturing jobs. Today, only 10.4% of all American workers have manufacturing jobs.

#9 In the old days, any man that was willing to work hard and wanted a job could get one. Today, there are millions of American men sitting on their couches at home wondering why nobody will hire them. Back in 1950, more than 80 percent of all men in the United States had jobs. Today, less than 65 percentof all men in the United States have jobs.

#10 The middle class is shrinking at the same time that America is getting poorer as a nation. In the middle of the last century, the United States was #1 in the world in GDP per capita. Today, the United States is #13 in GDP per capita.

#11 Every year now, we see millions of Americans fall out of the middle class. In 2010, 2.6 million more Americans descended into poverty. That was thelargest increase that we have seen since the U.S. government began keeping statistics on this back in 1959.

#12 The shrinking middle class is having a disproportionate impact on children. At this point, approximately 22 percent of all American children are living in poverty.

#13 In the old days, most Americans grew up in middle class neighborhoods. Sadly, this is no longer true. In 1970, 65 percent of all Americans lived in “middle class neighborhoods”. By 2007, only 44 percent of all Americans lived in “middle class neighborhoods”.

#14 The concentration of wealth at the very top of the food chain is astounding. Right now, over 50 percent of all stocks and bonds are owned by just 1 percentof the U.S. population.

#15 When you concentrate too much power in the hands of the federal government and the big corporations, it is inevitable that massive amounts of wealth will become concentrated in just a few hands. In the United States today, the wealthiest one percent of all Americans have a greater net worth than the bottom 90 percent combined.

#16 There is nothing wrong with making money, but there is something wrong with a game where individuals and small businesses cannot compete fairly. According to Forbes, the 400 wealthiest Americans now have more wealth than the bottom 150 million Americans combined.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Continued...

#17 When the number of poor people rapidly expands in a society, that is a recipe for social unrest. At this point, the poorest 50 percent of all Americans collectively own just 2.5% of all the wealth in the United States.

#18 The hidden tax of inflation is absolutely devastating middle class families all over America. Since 1970, the U.S. dollar has lost more than 83 percent of its value. Any dollars that middle class families try to save are constantly losing a little bit more value every single day.

#19 American workers that try to play by the rules find that they are constantly fighting a losing battle. According to one study, between 1969 and 2009 the median wages earned by American men between the ages of 30 and 50 droppedby 27 percent after you account for inflation.

#20 In recent years, many middle class families have seen their paychecks get smaller. Median household income in the United States has fallen 7.8 percentsince December 2007 after adjusting for inflation.

#21 In recent years, many middle class families have seen many of their basic expenses absolutely soar. For example, health insurance costs have risen by 23 percent since Barack Obama became president.

#22 Just turning on the lights and heating their homes has become a major burden for many middle class families. Electricity bills in the United States have risen faster than the overall rate of inflation for five years in a row.

#23 Just putting gas in the car has become a major financial ordeal for millions of hard working Americans. The average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States has increased by more than 100 percent since Barack Obama became president.

#24 Sadly, government dependence is now at an all-time high, and that is the way that many among the elite like it. When Barack Obama took office, there were 32 million Americans on food stamps. Now, there are more than 46 million Americans on food stamps. In particular, an astounding number of children are on food stamps right now. At this point, approximately one-fourthof all American children are enrolled in the food stamp program.

#25 Many middle class families will not be in the middle class for too much longer. According to a shocking new study from the National Bureau of Economic Research, 200,000 U.S. households will use the money from their tax refunds this year “to pay for bankruptcy filing and legal fees“.

Link one more time:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The middle class folks are now classified as low-income folks. That's where the middle class is going.

I have two college degrees, live within my means, and still struggle paycheck to paycheck. I;m a teacher, that paycheck is pretty small to begin with. We've had no raise or cost of living adjustment in the last three years. At the same time, insurance costs are rising, along with everything else (gas, food, gas, clothes, gas, and gas).

Honestly? My family and I are looking into moving to a new country.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In 1991, I was at a seminar and I was talking with this guy who happened to be very wealthy. He called a j.o.b. ''journey of the broke'', and he told me that within 15 to 20 years, there would hardly be a middle class. Looks like he knew what he was talking about.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have little sympathy for the middle class. For the most part, through unionization and just general complacency, they have perpetuated problems of consumption and unsustainable lifestyle, buying into the system without looking at the writing on the wall.

In other words, we have watched the 'middle class' since WW2 buy in to a system that will ultimately only use them. So they emulate the rich who employ them, buy houses and cars they cant afford, and go deeeeep into debt to pay for it, instead of investing in creating a strong, sustainable community around them.

They dug their own grave.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Fair enough, but I do believe TPTB were handing out the shovels.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Fair enough, but I do believe TPTB were handing out the shovels.

Peace.

They werent just handing them out. They were selling them at inflated prices and peoples still went into debt to buy them so they could dig their own grave.

The last two generations of middle class americans basically stole from their childrens and grandchildrens future so they could emulate the rich even if for just a fleeting decade or two..

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is the chain of events that will lead to a revolution or to a dictatorship. The middle class will rise up and usurp the government. It is inevitable.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
The middle class will rise up and usurp the government. It is inevitable.

You're kidding, right? The middle class are too fat and lazy to 'rise up' from the couch, much less any organized revolt.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Agreed.

A classic example were the sub-prime mortgages. You could see that bubble was going to burst five years before it actually happened. Yet the loans kept coming, and coming.

Little known fact is that many of the sub-prime lenders were actually owned by the big banks.

Want a 7% mortgage? Nope!
Want a 15% mortgage? No problem!

Yet it was basically the same institution.

You won't borrow to a mid-lower income family at 7%, but you'll gladly borrow at a much harder to pay back 15%. Bizzaro World!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

i've looked into moving my family outside the US as well. it's sad...it used to be "i'm going to move to a different state" but now one has to look at moving to a different country.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk

i've looked into moving my family outside the US as well. it's sad...it used to be "i'm going to move to a different state" but now one has to look at moving to a different country.

the middle class are not doing better in any other countries.

HEre's an idea: instead of running away from the problem, why not stay and address it?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The middle classes and their values are what keeps the social order in place and restrains the excesses of the elites - and that is why the NWO has eliminated them.

In the 1920s and 1930s Italian Marxist Antonio Gramsci, who argued that traditional values must be obliterated in order to free "oppressed" social groups, called for eliminating social decorum and glorifying perverse behavior in order to destroy the Western middle class and collapse society from within. Translated into today's terminology, the plan prescribed the commandeering of news and entertainment media, religious and financial institutions, organized labor, health care, and education.

Gramsci's cultural Marxism began to reach throughout society when Frankfurt University's Institute for Marxism -- renamed the Institute for Social Research and informally called the Frankfurt School -- fled Nazi Germany, took up temporary residence at Columbia University in 1933, and then, during World War II, began using Gramsci-derived "critical theory" to "deconstruct" American society.

German-born philosopher-writer Herbert Marcuse and other Marxists carried cultural Marxism beyond Columbia, and progressives adopted the disease as a weapon of "change" to be deployed within the education system.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
This is the chain of events that will lead to a revolution or to a dictatorship. The middle class will rise up and usurp the government. It is inevitable.

While Donny says Vaccum...LOL History says Dictatorship!

I consider myself middle lower class but have what I need and still manage to save. How? NO CABLE, NO FRILLS, NO STUPID EXPENSES!

The instant, need it now has to stop. Buying what you don't NEED is one of the main killers of the so called Middle class. They want to live like the rich yet do not understand they haven't the money.

They will sell you your own soul and often do...funny thing is people still think they need to buy it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

It already IS a dictatorship here in the USA. Obama signed himself King via NDAA on 12/31/2011 (new years eve). And yea, he's a puppet of the British royalty put there by the banking elites. 1% Tyranny via a dictator. If he can't manipulate the masses to think the fake election favors him he'll simply declare another emergency or even create another inside job like his predecessor did.

Leave the USA? And go where, Cuba?
Just more Satanic puppets run by the money changers who never moved out of the Temple - remember? They even had Jesus crucified. Its happening to the rest of us now - since the Bill Gates population reduction plan is in full operation... its in your food, your water, your air, its your death - hope you're ready to meet your makers.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So, give be an income threshold to define "middle class". I just want to know if my family is "targeted for extinction." If it is, I just don't see it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk

Very sad.

My husband taught in Honduras for a couple of years. He loved it there, said the people actually respected the teachers as much as doctors or lawyers or other professionals.

My only problem with Honduras....they have HUGE spiders.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
My husband and I are planning on relocating to Canada then maybe to Portugal or Argentina. My husband almost died a year ago because we did not have insurance. The message was clear get out if you want to survive.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I agree with you 100% on that....overspending and feeling entitled has made a mess of the poor and middle class..

I also believe the housing mess and getting everyone brainwashed into thinking you have to have a college degree should be on this list. That's why people don't want to work regular jobs...everyone thinks they should be ceo...no one wants be entry level anymore.....and that doesn't work....someone has to do these jobs that don't require college degrees. So all these people spent years in college instead of getting life experience and are in debt thousands to hundreds of thousands before they even start in the real world. And most jobs will never pay enough to get these people out of debt.

Then the housing crisis came....the everyone should be able to have a house mentality put people in homes they can never pay for...so they lose the houses then either rich flippers pick them up for cheap. It's all redistribution meant to get rid of a middle class.

TPTB want 2 classes...the haves and the have nots.....the elites and the worker bees or serfs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join