It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louis Farrakhan VS Phil Donahue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I searched the title by exact name and found nothing. Forgive me if these videos are already here.

Oh how times have changed. I know there are some Phil fans on here. I came across these videos this afternoon and thought they would be interesting. I was not disappointed.

First, I hold nothing against either of these men. My values and beliefs differ from each but I find both intriguing.

I pass no judgment nor do I have an agenda. However I find it appropriate to share these today since, it seems, this racial divide has widened in the very recent past. But (public) white response to black demands and outcries are today no where near what they were at the time of this program, as you will see.

I apologize for not being able to provide the year.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Farrakahns Ideas are right except he needs to get the racism out of his butt, we are all in this together, white people didnt do anything to them, our government did. Im white and nobody in my family ever owned any slaves, they were for huge farms that ended up being in the same bloodlines as huge corporations and bankers and government officials. Evil is evil and history repeats itself.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Great video series, thanks for posting this. The last lady to speak in portion 5 hit the nail on the head when she said that Farrakhan is no Martin Luther King Jr. and he is not trying to bring us together as he did. Farrakhan throughout that whole series of videos spoke of seperation of whites and blacks and it's a shame because he is clearly a very intelligent man. I myself, as the lady in portion 5 commented, could listen to Martin Luther King Jr. speak all day long because he had the right view of this country and was spreading the right messege. People of all colors living and breathing as 1 nation. I understand this video is most likely over 20 years old, but this messege of seperation is still being sent out by both sides. We will never get anywhere with that kind of thinking, just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
some proponents during the civil rights movement thought that separate but equal needed to be federally mandated properly first. yet even with me being one generation black into integration(in some places) some civil rights proponents are claiming that the government is not addressing the issue that cause seperation of peoples in america and is now offering vouchers for students education and a poor department of education predicated upon the allocation of funds by means of standardized tests and statistics.

i watched the million man march as a young teenager and the fanaticism about it kinda drowned out the other aspects of what its intent was. but i do remember him trying to espouse the creation of a separate nation for blacks in america. the idea then seemed like it was a normal aspect of being black; like watching in living color and seeing humor about "race" intended for a "urban" demographic; or hearing about vps calling for removal of cds by artists based on what they say. the same people that want to maintain structure and order want to maintain the perception of a threat to that structure and order, of which is controlled; a radical like himself and other people who do in the system instead of doing right are maintaining an order of things they think to change by infusing the ideal that a radical change is possible.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

I agree wholeheartedly. My interpretation of King's agenda was equal integration through peaceful demonstration and discourse. My readings of Malcolm indicate his seeking equality by whatever means necessary.

Farrakhan, Jackson, Sharpton - the are no different than "The Man." They ARE the man: pumping fear, spewing hatred, perpetuating divisiveness. Fearful, spiteful milieu are easy to control.

People united under humanity, love and faith, such as those Malcolm experienced in Mecca, is a pillar that cannot be felled.

new topics

top topics

join