It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of U.S. teen births lowest in 70 years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
What is going on if the birth rate is dropping in a society that is anything but more prude or chaste than it has been in the past.

Obvious answer is obvious: rising rates of condom and birth control use.

Well, whatever the cause, I'd call it good news. Fewer babies having babies can only be a good thing for all involved. Not least of which the potential mother, with all things considered. This is one stat I'm not really looking to tear apart beyond the little checking I already did to satisfy myself that it's legitimate and not abortion based.

Why look good news and a gift horse in the mouth?
I'll just smile and feel good about a story for a change.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Or the realization that the "American dream" is no longer sustainable? I don't think that it ever was. If it means accumulating a mountain of debt just to "one-up" your neighbors, I'd rather not participate.

The less people having babies, the better.

Especially when you see plenty of unfortunate children being born to incompetent parents.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Honestly, this has been occurring for quite some time. I think there are a number of contributers to this.

STDS

ECONOMY

SOCIAL INADEQUACIES

DIET

I am sure there are a few other contributing factors, but those are some off of the top of my head.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

BPA is linked to both male and female infertility. Females with higher BPA levels in their system have a less fertilization rate. It's also linked to poly-cystic ovaries, which causes infertility.

www.bionews.org.uk...

edit on 11-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Interesting as this is also the case in the UK, with rates being their lowest since 1969. I guess the availability of contraception and better education have played a part as well as many women wanting to put off having a child till later in their lives.
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 11-4-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join