It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me restore my faith in the Human species.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

yea those darn liberals who want everyone to be able to see a doctor and get an equal chance at an education.

People who use attacks like to try to convince people, are trying to convince themselves.

I am pretty sure jagoffs cross party lines.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yeah well UK is the product of liberals.

I can't blame the guy for feeling apathetic.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Hi Mark1167, I can relate to what you have posted. At the moment I feel we have stopped evolving, we are changing the environment to suit us, rather than us changing to suit the environment. This is a very backwards way of going about survival, and I think that we still need some form of environmental pressures to evolve.
Social engineering wouldn't work, in my opinion, as who would do the engineering? Likely the corrupt people at the top of our civilisation, those who have created the problems in the first place.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Welcome to the Club of Misanthropy.

It's not as bad as it seems. Before, I would be saddened or angered at what I saw happening with humanity. Rare were the occasions of joy from something beautiful and good. Now, the things that brought me sadness and rage before, bring me minor joy because I see all our negative actions only hastening the demise of our species. From the misanthropes point of view it's a win-win.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's true what you point out.

I'm just wondering, when you say "our" species is mostly bad, what is the point of comparison?

Didn't we evolve this way because nature is red in tooth and claw, and after being the underdogs as squeaky little runts, we were eaten and bullied until we evolved an advantage?

Is our species somehow outside nature, or are we comparing ourselves to some idealized alien or angelic race?

All species do some pretty gruesome things, and given the chance or evolutionary niche, they would gobble up the whole planet without thinking twice.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

All I see in the world is the war, murder and disrespect for the lives of others
reply to post by BenTFH

You've just defined the class of people called POLITICIANS. Politicians are not human, and thus, the entire human race should not be condemned for the sins of the politicians.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenTFH
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Yes I am human, and never said that we should be eradicated. Just that we need to change.

We aren't really any worse, inherently, than we've always been. There's only really two differences these days.

a] Technology is a force multiplier, for good or bad. It extends our reach, and the amount we're able to get done in the same timeframe. So if you can kill five seals by walking up to them with a club, you can probably kill ten or twenty in the same amount of time with a rifle.

b] The psychopathic 5% are a lot better at PR these days. That means that they've mostly convinced the non-psychopathic 95% that either:-

b1] We're powerless and can't do anything about them, so we shouldn't try anyway.
b2] They've used ideologies like Capitalism and authoritarian Communism to convince the non-psychopathic 95%, that contrary to appearances, down is up and black is white, and psychopathic behaviour is actually a positive thing.

Most non-psychopaths also have trouble believing that the psychopaths even exist in the first place, because they can't imagine that someone would really be that bad; so they tend to accept what the psychopaths tell them, and give them the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Over the past few months, I have found an overwhelming distaste developing for this species. This is worrying me a lot, as I obviously don't want to hate my own species.

There are 2 ways to look at life: Through one's ego, and through one's knowledge base.
Both of these can grow over time, but the ego is the easiest to feed, so most people go that way.

Building the ego creates a sense of security, which is necessary to some extent to feel happy.

Building the knowledge base creates a sense of alarm, because the world (as it turns out) is a pretty dangerous place, and our experience here is finite.

Again, most people lean towards the security of feeding their own egos, rather than becoming wise with knowledge.

This, as I see it, is the problem we face as a species.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I love this website for how open minded the majority of the members are, and how intelligent some of you can be. So I want you to tell me, what is it that gives you hope in humanity? What makes you happy, and look forward to the future of our species? Big or small, let me know. It is likely to be the small things that will make a difference.

Here is something that gives me hope. Today, I was volunteering on my local military post. A young couple came in where i was volunteering and asked to use the scanner. As I spoke with them, I watched how they interacted with each other and it became very obivous to me they loved each other very much. It really warmed my heart, especially when I saw how the husband looked at his wife. It was something in his eyes and the tone of his voice. The girl looked back at him and spoke in the same way. It really kinda blew me away, because i am around married people all the time, but i seldom see the kind of interaction with them that i saw with this couple.

Even my co worker commented on it afterward, and she felt the same, so i know it wasnt just in my mind, and she brought it up first, so i know she wasnt just agreeing with me either....she saw it too. It was like a million lights were lit when they smiled at each other. I got the sense these two were perfect for each other, like the cosmic forces were at work.....the way they interacted was so natural, like they had been together forever, it was as if I saw a glimpse of two unique souls, fitting together like two peas in a pod and what made it even sweeter in my mind was the fact this girl was black and this boy was white.

With all the racist talk lately on ATS, i have been bummed out a bit, but this encounter I experienced today reminded me it really all does come down to love.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. I hope I can find that one day, but it's not looking promising so far! Haha

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Apparently we aren't self-culling enuf,

if we are overpopulating!

Humans have become quantity not quality.

Maybe Monsanto needs to identify an ALTRUISM gene and clone a new race of GMO humans

As a buddhist, I follow the middle path, live a selfless life that does not support/finance world atrocities

and aspire a greater everlasting peace with the universe and God, ultimately.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Very nice post. Starred. There are good people, sometimes, unfortunately, they go unnoticed, because the sensationalist media would rather publish the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join