It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim mother of 5 Murdered in California -- Hate Crime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Shaima Alawadi’s family says they found the first note taped to the front door of their house on a quiet suburban street here. It said: “This is my country. Go back to yours, terrorist,” according to her 15-year-old son, Mohammed"

But last Wednesday, Ms. Alawadi was found in the family’s dining room by her 17-year-daughter, lying unconscious in a puddle of blood with a severe head wound. Nearby lay another threatening note, similar to the one the family found a week earlier.

“Here in El Cajon, most of the Iraqis are not even Muslim, they are Christian, but people don’t know the difference.” One of those Iraqi Christians is Lara Yalda, 18, who fled the country with her family in 2004, living in Syria for six years before coming to El Cajon, where she is now in high school. She said that last year one teacher told all of the Iraqi students to go back to their country, complaining that they took welfare and other money from the United States. That teacher...still works at the school, she said.

Ms. Yalda said Ms. Alawadi’s death frightened her. “Yeah, I’m scared,” Ms. Yalda said. “I feel sad, because here it is a free country, and there is no reason to kill her. She has a family. So why did they kill her?

Hanif Mohebi, director of the San Diego chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said that many Muslim women in the area were worried that Ms. Alawadi had been targeted because she wore a headscarf in public, as many observant Muslim women do.

www.nytimes.com...

This is such a sad thing, this women had done nothing to no one, yet in a free country, she is murdered simply because she is Muslim. Leaving her 5 children orphaned, and her husband left to raise these children alone. This destruction of a family was for what?

You all think Muslims are so evil... yet the killing of innocent women means nothing, I waited to see if anyone would post on this topic, it was big enough to make the New York Times, yet no one of you spoke on this matter

Is that because she was Muslim?

Bias (hate) crimes are on the rise again, reaching 186 separate offenses in 2010, the highest in five years, the FBI data show.

www.reuters.com...

edit on 2-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

Shaima Alawadi’s family says they found the first note taped to the front door of their house on a quiet suburban street here. It said: “This is my country. Go back to yours, terrorist,” according to her 15-year-old son, Mohammed"

But last Wednesday, Ms. Alawadi was found in the family’s dining room by her 17-year-daughter, lying unconscious in a puddle of blood with a severe head wound. Nearby lay another threatening note, similar to the one the family found a week earlier.

“Here in El Cajon, most of the Iraqis are not even Muslim, they are Christian, but people don’t know the difference.” One of those Iraqi Christians is Lara Yalda, 18, who fled the country with her family in 2004, living in Syria for six years before coming to El Cajon, where she is now in high school. She said that last year one teacher told all of the Iraqi students to go back to their country, complaining that they took welfare and other money from the United States. That teacher...still works at the school, she said.

Ms. Yalda said Ms. Alawadi’s death frightened her. “Yeah, I’m scared,” Ms. Yalda said. “I feel sad, because here it is a free country, and there is no reason to kill her. She has a family. So why did they kill her?

Hanif Mohebi, director of the San Diego chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said that many Muslim women in the area were worried that Ms. Alawadi had been targeted because she wore a headscarf in public, as many observant Muslim women do.

www.nytimes.com...

This is such a sad thing, this women had done nothing to no one, yet in a free country, she is murdered simply because she is Muslim. Leaving her 5 children orphaned, and her husband left to raise these children alone. This destruction of a family was for what?

You all think Muslims are so evil... yet the killing of innocent women means nothing, I waited to see if anyone would post on this topic, it was big enough to make the New York Times, yet no one of you spoke on this matter

Is that because she was Muslim?

Bias (hate) crimes are on the rise again, reaching 186 separate offenses in 2010, the highest in five years, the FBI data show.

www.reuters.com...

Better yet....Let's see if the president has any comments like he did for Trayvon Martin. My money is him saying NOTHING.

Someone should ask Obama where the Federal Resources are to investigate this murder. I bet they are all busy right now with another case or project.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yeah. Nobody cares unless they're black or homosexuals.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

Yeah I know, what I find saddest of all, is that these people are a shia family who helped the US army in Iraq...

What did Trayvon Martin do for the United States? Yet he deserves presidential attention! (not that I am for murder, or think it is right in any case, but the difference in how these two cases are being treated is absolutely phenomenal!)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

I find this hard to believe that the murder(s) would leave a note on the door...something stinks here and I'm thinking not a hate crime but some other type of coverup...murder none the less

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

It is no different than hate mail, I am sure you have heard of that yes?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yes, of course it was a hate crime IMO. El Cajon is about 70% white and a lot of white supremacists are in that area too. Add to that the largest Arab population in the US outside Dearborn MI and you have a recipe for something like this to happen, sick and disgusting.

Her family returned her body to Iraq and i believe she was buried on Saturday.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's only a hate crime if you catch the person up till then it's suspected. Could be another muslm trying to stir things up!! Kinda like Manson

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Jameela

I find this hard to believe that the murder(s) would leave a note on the door...something stinks here and I'm thinking not a hate crime but some other type of coverup...murder none the less

was your first thought, perhaps, that this angry female-hating muslim killed his own wife and covered it up with the notes? because nobody in texas has ever committed a hate crime...

just like the trayvon case, we need all the facts before we cast our collective judgement.

americans have been well trained by our MSM to think that muslim=extremist and arab=muslim. you can't blame sheep for acting like dumb animals.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by KnightFire

Yeah I know, what I find saddest of all, is that these people are a shia family who helped the US army in Iraq...

What did Trayvon Martin do for the United States? Yet he deserves presidential attention! (not that I am for murder, or think it is right in any case, but the difference in how these two cases are being treated is absolutely phenomenal!)

I agree, the two cases will be treated different. But why? That's the question I would ask Mr. Obama if he was standing in front of me right now.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

First off quit getting on the President for saying this that or the other. It is not like he called a press conference to talk about Trayvon Martin. He was asked a question by a reporter and answered it. Second this crime is being investigated and rest assured when an arrest is made the perpetrator(s) will face charges, and not be quietly swept under the rug by law enforcement because their daddy was a judge. The entire outrage of the Martin case for most people is how the case has been handled and a controversial law that was used to protect the perpetrator.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This story was posted last week here on ATS...I would get the link but the search function never loads on my computer.

However, that being said, this crime was much worse, much more heinous, and more evil, than the whole Treyvon fiasco. It shows that there are people out there who are so blind, so deluded, and so violent, that they would kill an innocent woman, mother of 5 children, in cold blood, because of her religion and place of birth.

This fits the very definition of a hate crime, but because this hatred for Muslims was fostered by the media and our government in order to justify an illegal and immoral invasion in the middle east, the MSM and our government will not say a word about it. They created a boogeyman for people to hate and fear, and now that hatred and fear are coming to fruition in the form of senseless murders and harassment of people who have done nothing to deserve it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
This story was posted last week here on ATS...I would get the link but the search function never loads on my computer.

However, that being said, this crime was much worse, much more heinous, and more evil, than the whole Treyvon fiasco. It shows that there are people out there who are so blind, so deluded, and so violent, that they would kill an innocent woman, mother of 5 children, in cold blood, because of her religion and place of birth.

This fits the very definition of a hate crime, but because this hatred for Muslims was fostered by the media and our government in order to justify an illegal and immoral invasion in the middle east, the MSM and our government will not say a word about it. They created a boogeyman for people to hate and fear, and now that hatred and fear are coming to fruition in the form of senseless murders and harassment of people who have done nothing to deserve it.

Well said Fission.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow, hate crime must be the most used words on ATS now days. Everytime I log in it's a page full of

Hate crime, hate crime and more hate crime.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Jameela

First off quit getting on the President for saying this that or the other. It is not like he called a press conference to talk about Trayvon Martin. He was asked a question by a reporter and answered it. Second this crime is being investigated and rest assured when an arrest is made the perpetrator(s) will face charges, and not be quietly swept under the rug by law enforcement because their daddy was a judge. The entire outrage of the Martin case for most people is how the case has been handled and a controversial law that was used to protect the perpetrator.

Obama actually seemed eager to weigh in on the tragedy, which is now being investigated by the Department of Justice. In a rare move for the president, Obama took a shouted question from a reporter about the case during this morning's press conference announcing the nomination of Jim Yong Kim as president of the World Bank.

Read more: articles.businessinsider.com...

Have you seriously never heard of plants being told what questions to ask?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

I have used the search function several times looking and never found any thread , if there is one then I am sorry for that, I never saw one nor could I find one

Very nice post thank you for your contribution..well said

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
Wow, hate crime must be the most used words on ATS now days. Everytime I log in it's a page full of

Hate crime, hate crime and more hate crime.

It's all we have to talk about because it's all the media is reporting on these days.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
this is just...terrible.. sad.. way more than that trayvon kid...i could honestly care less about that kid but...this is sad

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It certainly didn't get the attention it deserved but it's hardly no-one.

The killing of innocent people never means nothing regardless of race or creed etc.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Jameela

It certainly didn't get the attention it deserved but it's hardly no-one.

The killing of innocent people never means nothing regardless of race or creed etc.

As I said here I apologized, after he posted that I used search function again and it still isnt coming up for me.... I wonder why not? crazy technology then....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join