It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 22, 2012 Footage shows OWS protesters dumping fecal matter, urine around NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
LOL Welcome to New York... I, myself and a few thousand people in NY do that anyway, Go in the Subway, it usually smell like piss because of homeless people and other people who just have to go and they do it at the station. This is something new rather it is the Occupiers, visitor and people just living in NY. The City isnt always clean and not all over is clean.

This is an unimportant issue about the Occupiers doing that when people in NY do it every single day..

I lived all my life in NYC and find it quite funny that you think having buckets of feces and dumping them on property is an everyday thing. Sure the city is dirty and yes the homeless use the streets as a restroom, but people, at least normally sane people don't usually walk around with buckets of their own #, even in NYC.

This is coming from a OWS supporter BTW.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by jazzguy

How is their world turning to #? Most of these kids are privileged college students who are suddenly remorseful about the student loan contracts that they signed. They don't want to be held accountable when or if they graduate. The Student Loan angle is supposed to be one of the focuses of the new Occupy Spring movement.

You got a problem with your student loan and the cost of tuition take it up with your university and their staff of tenured faculty all making over $100K a year while the grad students do most of the work in the classroom and behind the scenes. It always pissed me off in college that Grad students were grading a large percentage of my exams and papers. All the while, tuition keeps increasing faster than rates of inflation, universities continue to spend, demolish and rebuild all across campuses.

Don't bring the student loan battle to me. I've paid my debt and now I'm paying for a home and two children. Time to grow up and face reality.

That's freaking bull and I am tired of hearing that. Have you been to OWS here in NYC? I've been there quite a few times and NEVER ONCE did that topic ever hold even close to center stage. And if you had gone their in person you would have seen people of ALL AGES, all colors and all classes (yes even a few 1%ers) there. Quit pushing that nonsense, thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It's a separate group more focused on student loans. I know it's hard for some people to keep up with all the names goals and grievances. It's okay.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by jibeho

Ya, I'm not gonna donate any clicks to whoever's left running anything to do with Breitbart, a proven liar and manipulator, may he rest in peace...sorry.

So, you would rather just deny that video exists because it was exposed by Breitbart? Wow!

Look it up yourself.

The Occupy Strategy Session at The New School subject "the abolition of capitalism" Feb. 11 2012. You won't find any mainstream media outlets reporting on it. Still don't want to watch? then stay blind.

Deny ignorance!

Here is the whole thing for you right from the organizers
nyihumanities.org...

Session 2

2:45 - 4:15 pm Session 2 — ULTIMATE GOALS: The abolition of the state in favor of something more directly participatory – or rather the strengthening of a state in which elected representatives insure universal health care, equal educational opportunity, environmental norms, and so forth? The abolition of capitalism – or else the elaboration of new forms of mixed economy (regulation of markets and financial institutions in order to promote social justice and reverse the polarization of wealth; forging new attitudes towards growth, productivity and consumption in the context of climate change; etc.)?
Initial Statement: DAVID GRAEBER
Respondents: TODD GITLIN, TERESA GHILARDUCCI, MARINA SITRIN

Session 3 looks fun. They cover just about everything. Occupy Everything!!

4:30 - 6:00 pm Session 3 — SHORT-TERM TACTICS: The comparative virtues of renewed occupations of public spaces come the spring; mortgage and student loan actions; debt strikes; guerilla theatrics on the campaign trail; mobilization around the Chicago G-8 meetings in May; environmental protests against fracking, oil pipelines, logging; campaigns to get money out of politics; etc.

I go straight to the source for my information regarding OWS.

edit on 22-3-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

reply to post by jazzguy

How is their world turning to #? Most of these kids are privileged college students who are suddenly remorseful about the student loan contracts that they signed. They don't want to be held accountable when or if they graduate. The Student Loan angle is supposed to be one of the focuses of the new Occupy Spring movement.

You got a problem with your student loan and the cost of tuition take it up with your university and their staff of tenured faculty all making over $100K a year while the grad students do most of the work in the classroom and behind the scenes. It always pissed me off in college that Grad students were grading a large percentage of my exams and papers. All the while, tuition keeps increasing faster than rates of inflation, universities continue to spend, demolish and rebuild all across campuses.

Don't bring the student loan battle to me. I've paid my debt and now I'm paying for a home and two children. Time to grow up and face reality.

That's freaking bull and I am tired of hearing that. Have you been to OWS here in NYC? I've been there quite a few times and NEVER ONCE did that topic ever hold even close to center stage. And if you had gone their in person you would have seen people of ALL AGES, all colors and all classes (yes even a few 1%ers) there. Quit pushing that nonsense, thanks.

You need to pay attention to what your movement is doing and has planned. Here you go.
abcnews.go.com...

from LAST YEAR. All about student DEBT. Probably not one of the issues that concerns you.
www.insidehighered.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

No you don't, not unless you're backed into a corner. I don't see much wrong with anything in the meeting, I don't necessarily agree with all of it but I'm not going to fly into a panic about it. Capitalism has some very ugly things attached to it, or are you going to deny/justify that? What we have in the US at the moment isn't even Capitalism, just no one in the media or government wants to call it what is, Corporatism.

While you're on about me not wanting to read anything Breitbart, let me ask you...why you or anyone else would? You're very quick to point out the wrong doings of others but apparently support a man who made a living heavily editing videos and pandering to a specific audience with them.

You also have not responded to any of the posts I made regarding the hypocrisy of the NYPD. Why's that?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You mean this deflection

It really is a shame that the NYPD doesn't go after the ample crimes committed by it's own officers and it's own unlawful orders. It's also a big shame that someone who or a police department that is so concerned with toxic waste doesn't go after big corporations that unleash millions of gallons of toxic waste on it's own countrymen every year. I guess money makes it not seem so bad.

So the NYPD is supposed to go after big corporations who unleash toxic waste? Hmmm? OK. That's what the henchmen in the EPA do. They also take peoples land.

NYPD internal affairs in action
www.ny1.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is great

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

A video posted online of a Bronx teen being beaten by police officers last week has led the young man's family members to raise questions about the officers' actions

Per your source.

They didn't investigate of their own accord, I'm sure.

It isn't deflection by the way, the NYPD is seriously corrupt. A lot of the arrests they make are unlawful, completely made up charges or charges that haven't been crimes in decades, all to fill arrest quotas which are ILLEGAL in NY. When asked Ray Kelly said he's not going to apologize for it. Bloomberg calls them his own personal army, JP Chase Morgan donates loads of cash to the NYPD, I could go on. Now why is it that you're upset enough about 2 guys pouring human waste down stairways, to write a thread about it, but seem not to care about a huge police department being so corrupt?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

same story

The Bronx district attorney and the NYPD's Internal Affairs Bureau is investigating the actions of the police officers.

Jateik Reed's family also hired a civil attorney and plans to sue the city, the New York City Police Department and all the officers involved in the recorded incident.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If it was OWS, and not provocateurs or fakes, do you think they had so much ahem 'stuff' as when one went, they all had to go at the same time, just like they do that stupid droning echo voice thing?

edit on 22-3-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This actually is about some other activist organizations discussing how Occupy is changing things and how they see tying into those changes, there's no one (that I can tell, I'll try to watch the whole thing later...just for you) actually from Occupy there. Occupy uses the GA system to come to decisions and discuss ideas, not a panel.

ETA I found 3 actively involved in OWS.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by jazzguy

You need to pay attention to what your movement is doing and has planned. Here you go.
abcnews.go.com...

from LAST YEAR. All about student DEBT. Probably not one of the issues that concerns you.
www.insidehighered.com...

Ummm never did I say that it wasn't an issue, what I said was that it wasn't the main issue like YOU were implying in your post. As far as MSM links, I take what they say with a grain of salt being that you and I BOTH know where their interests lie. Taking a walk to the actual site would do wonders.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by jazzguy

Wow! I didn't know this. Do you have a link to any articles that examined OWS population statistics? I'm curious of their methodology too, but mostly how the protestors self-identify. Many thank you's!

I guess owing student loans for attending college has become a privilege since I graduated. That's really weird.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
dumping fecal matter, urine around NYC is an everyday thing in the streets of NYC

seriously its overcrowded and alot of the illegal population (mexicans, centralamericans) sadly live in vans and have no bathroom facilities so its common to see many of these 'residents' taking a dump/piss at the curb behind their van in the evening or early morn hours

disgusting - SHAME ON BLOOMBERG

NYC is literally the closest thing i have seen to 'hell' on earth - thanks to TPTB - and yes i was born there

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I'm curious, where do you live exactly in NYC? I've lived in Corona, Elmhurst, Bushwick, Woodhaven, Ozone Park, Mott Haven South Bronx, Jackson Heights and I have never seen illegal’s living in vans and people dumping feces because of lack of restrooms. People take pisses all the time but that's mostly because they are drunk not because of lack of facilities. I'm sorry but walking around with BUCKETS of feces and piss is not a common occurrence from my experiences.

The true tragedy are the high rent prices which forces people like illegals and legals alike to rent rooms instead of their own apartments. That’s a REAL problem, unlike people dumping feces and illegals camping in vans.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'm curious, where do you live exactly in NYC? I've lived in Corona, Elmhurst, Bushwick, Woodhaven, Ozone Park, Mott Haven South Bronx, Jackson Heights and I have never seen illegal’s living in vans and people dumping feces because of lack of restrooms. People take pisses all the time but that's mostly because they are drunk not because of lack of facilities. I'm sorry but walking around with BUCKETS of feces and piss is not a common occurrence from my experiences.

The true tragedy are the high rent prices which forces people like illegals and legals alike to rent rooms instead of their own apartments. That’s a REAL problem, unlike people dumping feces and illegals camping in vans.

I grew up in Jackson heights. IT USED TO BE SO CLEAN AND QUIET 10+ YRS AGO. Then 9/11 happened, Bloomberg came to office (isnt he on an illegal 2nd term now? no one seems to talk about it since hes filthy rich) I visit my mom living on border Jackson Heights Corona a couple times of the year and see its worse and worse, filthy worse each time.

Yes, there are people living in vans as well as garages and shed and illegal 2nd homes builts behind the main house, like 50-100 illegals in one 1-family dwelling meant for no more than a family of 4-5 or so on a 20X100 lot attached home.

And in the summer its the worst because of the smells of the open, frequent urination at the curbs behind/in between vehicles. Roosevelt avenue and the hind streets going toward Corona-Flushing meadows park. Then theres all the prostitution and drugs and gang jumpings/muggings. Hellish!

Seriously what a shame, the infrastructure especially of Queens and Bronx have crashed and the QOL is disgusting. Bloomberg isnt doing anything productive. GOTHAM i tell ya..

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Yeah Jackson Heights is crazy right now without a doubt, way too many people in that neighborhood. Very diverse as well; tons of Indians, South Americans, Mexicans and Cnetral Americans. I can see why you said what you said. Last time I lived in Elmhurst was 17 or so years ago and a lot has changed.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It now seems that they have started doing it literally instead of figuratively for a change.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This is sad. I thought they were standing up for the 99% and fighting this corrupt financial system.

I never thought they would be throwing poop. They are making us look like monkeys. People probably think we're crazy monkeys now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join