It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discrimination...a way of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That is what life has become lately on this Planet Earth.

In many countries and in many states discrimination is the law that guides the life and the law is discriminatory.

I wonder very soon what will be replaced with.

Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of an individual based on their membership in a certain group or category. It involves the actual behaviors towards groups such as excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are available to another group. It involves excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are available to other groups.[1]
source(en.wikipedia.org...

We ca have many interpretations of the laws that is why today I think laws are interpreted in their extremes.

I believe that discriminated people is the most numerous category of people on planet Earth...lately.

Do you feel discriminated in any way?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Good post, i didn't even knew that was written in the law on discrimination.
I live in Holland and i never had any problems with discrimination what so ever and i'm an Indonesian.

However, some couple of day's ago i went on a site called Chatroullete, where you can chat with people all over the world and man.. I never felt so discriminated in my life. People calling you an Arabic terrorist etc. This was the first time anyone ever went racist on me and it felt bad after that, even tho it where just people i don't even know. Than i realized how bad it must be if you have that everyday for the rest of your life. I can't stand the ignorance and hatred people have these days to people who look different or talk different.

Greetings,

EyesOnly13013

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesOnly13013

This was the first time anyone ever went racist on me and it felt bad after that, even tho it where just people i don't even know.
I am so sorry for what happened to you,yes is very bad to be discriminated and discrimination is happening in many ways and many places these days,some people don't even feel it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesOnly13013

Than i realized how bad it must be if you have that everyday for the rest of your life. I can't stand the ignorance and hatred people have these days to people who look different or talk different.
There are many countries where this is happening on daily bases an at a large scale,countries that use to be very civilized now are on tightrope ethnic and racial discrimination.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Discrimination is a manifestation of the ego. It is part of what we create for ourselves when we are identified with the physical world. It is not going to exist as part of our reality for much longer, at least for those of us who choose to no longer participate in the madness that it creates.

Discrimination is what we have when we do not see the divine. It is what we have when we are not able to see that all of life originates from the same ocean and that we are therefore all one. To believe that any one of us is different than another is similar to taking one drop of the ocean and viewing it as different than another drop.

This does not mean that we all need to be the same or look the same or enjoy the same things. It instead is to be able to see and embrace the source of all that is.

This is not fluff or new age blah blah. There is a VERY REAL power that comes with us being able to not only see this but embrace this. For when we are able to see this and embrace this we open ourselves up to the infinite possibility that exists within this ocean and are able to connect to it and play in it via the creating process that we are each (without exception, unconsciously or consciously) participating in.

For as long as we discriminate we are not going to be able to see the ocean and for as long as we refuse to see the ocean we will not be able to play in it freely.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
America, sadly, is fraught with discrimination. It always has been.
This is a badly failed social experiment.
This was meant to be a rich white mans club, and because of it all other colors expect entitlement.
No matter how much they suffer, women, queers & indians are still getting the # end of the stick.
Save for the bloated queens running hollywood, the arbiter of our morals.
Of course a crapshoot makes more sense than organized religion.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Discrimination is a form of prejudice (pre-judge) which is a form of racism. This is the nature of the european man. Original people's (people of color) nature is divine.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

thus spake the racist bigot

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

"dircrimination" is a two way street - but strangely most people only notice the ` traffic ` coming in the other direction , not the flow they are in

everyone discriminates , every day - yet most vehemently deny it , " affirmative action " or ` positive discrimination ` is revieled in many circles - but its actually the most prevelant form of discrimination

blatant favoritism and nepotism , because :

you went to the same school

you were in the same regiment

you go to the same church

you are in the same fraternal society

etc etc etc

discrimination of the highest order - but tacitly approved because ` hes one of us `

before denouncing discrimination - people need to look in the mirror

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
That is what life has become lately on this Planet Earth.
I believe that discriminated people is the most numerous category of people on planet Earth...lately.
Do you feel discriminated in any way?

Well, I live in the US and I will say, "Yes, I have felt discriminated against."

Now, I happened to have been born to parents who are atypical of "the norm", and I have ancestors from countries all over the world. I do not look like the stereotypical "All American Girl" (whatever that means), I do not follow a religion, I act and think in ways not commonly associated with my gender/age/physical appearance. Suffice it to say, I have never fit in anywhere or with any group of people.

I have been called many names, with varying viciousness, intent, and meanings.

When I was young, I took it very hard. I mean, I would listen to people telling me these hateful things and I would just smile at them and walk away... but inside I would list all of the things people called me and I thought I must deserve to be treated that way since so many people thought it was perfectly normal to speak like that to me. It caused me great pain.

I just accepted it and made a point not to treat other people in that same manner, and instead have always tried to be as kind to others as I could and accept them as they are not as I think they should be.

Truth be told, it is a way of life. It is not something a lot of people like to admit, but it is there.

And here is why it still exists:

Fear.

People look at me and they are afraid of me based only on some preconceived notion that was drilled into them as children or as impressionable young adults.

They are afraid of me because I do not look "right", I do not act "right", I do not think "right", I do not speak "right"... and "right" is their expectation. When I do not meet those expectations, people become confused and start to assign categories and labels to me as a way to allay that fear of the unknown factor: Me.

I know that I grew up with certain biases that came from things family members or church members would say. The difference is, once I got to an age where I started to question these biases, I realized that they were not my own. So, I let them go.

The problem is that most people are afraid to let their prejudices go. It is a comfort to them, a form of security - they know "their place in the world" in relation to other types of people.

I'm not going to lie, it is very frustrating.

But, I have learned not to let it bother me. I realize the motivation for the discriminating behavior, and I do not feel insulted when people attempt to insult or discriminate against me. It is, unfortunately, the way of the world.

But, I can always prove them wrong.

So, I do.

edit on 3/22/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
Discrimination is a form of prejudice (pre-judge) which is a form of racism. This is the nature of the european man. Original people's (people of color) nature is divine.

I am sorry that you think this way.

I will tell you, though, that my skin is in the middle range of the human skin tone spectrum.

I have experienced prejudice from people with darker skin than mine, and prejudice from people with lighter skin than mine.

Prejudice has nothing to do with ancestral origins.

Prejudice is a mindset.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Star128
America, sadly, is fraught with discrimination. It always has been.
This is a badly failed social experiment.
This was meant to be a rich white mans club, and because of it all other colors expect entitlement.
No matter how much they suffer, women, queers & indians are still getting the # end of the stick.
Save for the bloated queens running hollywood, the arbiter of our morals.
Of course a crapshoot makes more sense than organized religion.

Maybe it "always has been".

This does not mean it always will be.

We can change this if all of us work together and learn to understand one another instead of fear or feel threatened by one another.

new topics

top topics

join