It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD marks OWS anniversary with violent crackdown, mass arrests (PHOTOS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Reported by RT, OWS protesters have returned to NYC's Zuccotti park to continue their protests even setting up tents again but NYPD was ready for them and evicted said protesters from the park. Nothing really new here to report, there are reports of police brutality and restricting journalists from reporting. The police have threatened to arrest everyone, journalist, vendors, protesters, anyone if they do not leave. Pictures on the link

rt.com...

Dozens of OWS protesters are being brutally arrested at Zuccotti Park in Manhattan, according to unconfirmed reports. Police are said to be pushing journalists and activists alike, telling everyone present to leave or face arrest.

The NYPD reportedly tore down newly-placed tents in the park on Saturday night. They also allegedly shut down vendors around the park as they assaulted peaceful protesters inside.

The police are said to be obstructing members of the press from entering the square “for safety reasons.”

The NYPD has reportedly erected barricades around Liberty Square in violation of a court order. They have been using public buses to transport the arrested.

Activists on twitter claim the NYPD refused to let two medics through to help a girl having a seizure.

Dozens of police have swept through the downtown Manhattan park, removing Occupy Wall Street demonstrators who were celebrating the movement’s six-month anniversary. New York City police announced Zuccotti Park had closed for the evening before moving through the excited and sometimes agitated protesters, who chanted and beat drums as they went. A spokesperson for Occupy Wall Street has estimated that dozens of protesters were arrested.

Pictures of the OWS rally

Related articles,
www.nydailynews.com...

www.google.com...

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 18-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
As you can see here that move by the cop was not at all needed

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AvireX

I like this one too, a knee to the back hurts everytime
, www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yeah seen that, the look on his face is so disgusting too as if he is enjoying every minute of it.

i must say i did laugh at the one where the sign said "bad cop - no donut"
and the girl on the sides expression - priceless.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
there was plenty of violence out in new york city tonight. browse twitter for the footage and stories. tonight showed there's still momentum in the movement though.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It's no use complaining about the cops, guys. They're just following orders.

Somebody, however, is issuing those orders, and Occupy needs to find out who that somebody is, and then let Anonymous do what they do best.

OWS doesn't need to take this crap. If they're going to be allied with Anon, they need to start capitalising on that alliance. Anonymous need to go up the chain; they need to find names, and they need to make the contact information of those individuals extremely public.

You're too timid, Occupy. You're too full of the platitudes of Gandhi and MLK, and because of that, determined to make martyrs of yourselves. That doesn't mean that I advocate street level violence at all, by any means; but there are other ways.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here's the video of the incident with Cecily McMillan
*Strong Language*

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here's an article with video included of cops smashing a window of a NYCU dorm with a medic's head.

rawstory

Skip ahead to 3:50.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
According to twitter, friends that have tried to visit Cecily McMillan were denied access and say that she has been admitted to a mental facility and denied contact with a lawyer or family. I have no idea if it's true or just rumors. Hopefully it's not true. I'm looking for some kind of source.

Now people saying she's on her way to central booking...

edit on 18-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by AvireX

I like this one too, a knee to the back hurts everytime
, www.nydailynews.com...

You are pathetic.

Laughing at a cop clearly abusing his authority on a person that is not only standing for their rights but yours as well.

You don't deserve freedom since you so clearly have no respect for those that would help you hold onto it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If I was at the OWS rally and I saw this man among my ranks....I think I'd have to bust his face in.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm pathetic? Everyone has they're own Opinions but I'm not laughing with the cop, I was laughing with the poster making light of a terrible situation. You need to work on your perceptions

I dont deserve freedom?
What have you ever done for freedom? Ever serve in the military? Have you at least attended an OWS rally? I've done both. Perhaps you're planning to run for office? What do you do for this freedom you would so easily deny others? Besides all of that, even if I was the pathetic person you wrongly assumed I was, ever heard of the free speech? You sir need to calm down before you lose yourself to your emotions. Calling people names on ATS is frowned upon >> frowny face

edit on 19-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The same fools that laugh at OWSers getting their heads beaten off are the same ones that gripe about Obama coming to throw them all in camps. Funny eh?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
glad they finally cracked down and started treating these criminals like criminals... It was only a matter of time...

Good job New York!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Vile little piggies.

What comes around goes around they say.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Whose the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows? I've already addressed Jude's post.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join