It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HD video of UFO Stalking Chilean Jets Over Santiago Air Base

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

But afterward, an engineer from the adjacent Pillán aircraft factory noticed something bizarre while viewing his footage in slow motion.

This is a telltale sign that whatever these blobs are, they are not spacecraft. No one present saw it. Now before you say "yeah but it was flying too fast", human perception is quite amazing and even an object moving fast enough to just appear in a few frames of a video would have been quite obvious to people on site. There have been many, many instances of people watching videos after-the-fact and seeing strange things they didn't notice during filming, but they're almost always bugs or birds.

Its a once in 4 years event that EVERYONE that shows up are looking for and at jets and nothing else.

Kinda like that basketball team and the gorilla suit experement. And the gorilla was MUCH MUCH easier to spot than this UFO.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Insects, plus jets, does not equal U.F.O., if I can easily identify it as insects, it no longer is unidentified.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Insects, plus jets, does not equal U.F.O., if I can easily identify it as insects, it no longer is unidentified.

Did you even bother to read the OP or the article detailed in the OP.

I'll summarise for you as you can't be bothered to read. An expert panel examined "seven videos of the El Bosque UFO taken from different vantage points" and concluded that "As agreed by those who have studied the videos, we can affirm that there is an unidentified aerial object present. We do not know what it is or where it came from."

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Ah ok. So basically we have nothing but that image. We dont even know if there really are 7 videos from 7 different angles.

Just wanted to make sure I had not missed anything!

edit on March 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Ah ok. So basically we have nothing but that image. We dont even know if there really are 7 videos from 7 different angles.

Its is true, a Chilean government agency and Leslie Kean could be hoaxing for #s and grins. Its possible.

Time will tell. Given how far they are sticking their reputations on the line i'll give them a little time to back it up.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Are you a conspiracy theorist? Considering the source I'd say this case deserves more time to be studied and presented. Everyone in this thread who has already concluded it is a bug, a hoax, or whatever made up their mind due to prejudice, not evidence.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

so which insect did you easily identify this as? Don't say "A flying one."

reply to post by greeneyedleo

There is a video. not just a pic.

Just the one vid though.
edit on 15-3-2012 by FlawlessLegend because: sp?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Great thread title.

That's all.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm curious who is suspected of being a liar in this case, the author of the article or the Chilean government. If there actually are six more videos of this object, what then? If there aren't, one of the aforementioned parties is lying about this case. What motivation do you envision is at work here?
edit on 15-3-2012 by Orkojoker because: I like editing

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
oh, i think there are more than 7 videos. This was a public/event show. maybe only 7 people came forward with there vids or something, but i expect there to be more than 7.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg Everyone in this thread who has already concluded it is a bug, a hoax, or whatever made up their mind due to prejudice, not evidence.

Most important comment in this thread. Everyone is already certain that this is a bug and i'm yet to see real concrete evidence supporting that. Or any concrete evidence that disproves what I said on the last page. Only one person REALLY responded to it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What I find funny is the amount of people unwilling to accept that it could be something unexplainable.

Ive shown the video to a number of people and got replys back from all of them like oh its a bird, its a secret plane, it must be this it must be that. NO ONE not even people on here has gone like wow I really dont know what that could be???

Look at the video, its not an obvious hoax, not a lantern, not a weather balloon, birds and planes have been scientifically dismissed, its not 'obviously' a bug, its not really obviously anything. And there has been comments by the scientific community on the video.

This is a genuine unexplainable video, ripe for analysis and discussion, what this site is apparently ALL ABOUT!!! And all we get is a thread full of people saying its a damn bug!!?? What the hell guys??

If it isnt a plane, a bird, a lantern, weather balloon, then what the hell is it??

Call yourself a consipracy theorist? Tell everybody that you 'believe', then lets get this video analysed properly and with open minds and try to come up with better explanations than 'oh yea definately a bug'.

TBH while theres a chance it could be a bug, it doesnt really look like one........ So again, what the hell is it

edit on 15-3-2012 by Idonthaveabeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

For some of the denizens of the Above Top Secret online forum, the nature of the spot, or spots, was obvious: It's a bug, or bugs. An insect flying at regular speed through the foreground of the video could have been misinterpreted as an aircraft flying at super-fast speed through the background. One forum member posted several animated GIF images showing a similar effect.
Just want to point out that this thread was linked in an article about this case on msnbc.com. Interesting story. Has anyone had any luck tracking down the supposed other vids?

edit on 15-3-2012 by observer42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2012 by observer42 because: added quote

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Really, all it takes now is a video of insects flying by to cause a stir in the UFO field... holy crap what have you all done to UFOlogy?? You destroyed it!

[edit]

If you guys need me, I'll be outside filming insects flying really fast past my video camera so I can highlight each one in After Effects, place it on YouTube, and rake up the Google Adsense revenue from you people who have destroyed UFOlogy.
edit on 15-3-2012 by UFOGlobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Leslie Kean, the author of the article in question, posted this on Facebook about 45 minutes ago.

I can barely keep up with the many responses to this story, so please be patient and I will respond more soon! I'll be in touch with the CEFAA about more information.

And then...

Will write more tomorrow - the CEFAA has all the videos and I'm sure they will make them available, plus other material. One step at a time.

Just a waiting game at this point.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Don't hold your breath. If you do happen to get more videos I will bet 1 million dollars that it's just more videos with insects flying by. I will bet NONE of the "objects" can be confirmed to be the same ones filmed by other cameras, they will just be other insects flying around in another view.

This is just stupid.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
OMG LOOK! Hundreds of UFOs!!

Since none of you were there, you can NOT prove these are insects. If you think they are insects then you are close minded, and you are basing your judgement on prejudice and ignorance. Sure maybe 1 or 2 are insects, but you can't prove they all are!

Sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This closed thread has better pictures...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-3-2012 by AdaptationNation because: for clarification that the thread is closed.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
Leslie Kean, the author of the article in question, posted this on Facebook about 45 minutes ago.

I can barely keep up with the many responses to this story, so please be patient and I will respond more soon! I'll be in touch with the CEFAA about more information.

And then...

Will write more tomorrow - the CEFAA has all the videos and I'm sure they will make them available, plus other material. One step at a time.

Just a waiting game at this point.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

So im the only one who sees this as all a bunch of hooey (for lack of better word
)

Yeah uh huh...they claim there are SEVEN DIFFERENT angles of the same thing, but only release ONE video?

now why on Earth would they do that?

to whomever responded to me....yes, i watched the ONE video.....but the screen shot from the video and based on the zillions of other stuff i continually see here.....it sure looks like a bug flying around to me.

to the ones who are upset that some of us think "identifiable" before "unidentified" is because we have seen it ALL. that video is nothing spectacular. same ol same ol......and well some of us believe that one should go thru a process of elimination first.....so far i see no reason why this is not a bug....it acts like one. it moves like one. more than likely it is just that................been plenty of videos like this.....

so please explain why only ONE video was released while they hold that carrot out claiming there are more
makes zero sense.

ETA....they are outside in a desert type environment.....the chance of there being bugs flying around is MUCH MORE likely than ufos chasing a bunch of jets..........think about it. so even if there were more cameras, again, the chance of bugs flying about is pretty HIGH......to dismiss them is pretty silly IMO....

and i dont care what the "government" says.....nobody believes the US govt on anything...why would one believe theirs?
we have zero proof of credentials for these alleged experts either....maybe they are keyboard analysts like the rest of us behind anonymous names

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Here's another comment from Leslie Kean from an email sent to msn.com's science editor Alan Boyle.

"I went back to the CEFAA official re the bugs, and he said that's what they all thought at first when they got the first film (the one I posted). But when they went and got additional footage from very different vantage points which showed the same thing, they knew that was impossible. I don't think they're that stupid to claim this is a UFO if it was a bug, given that so many experts looked at it."

And one more from Boyle's article, expressing something we should probably all consider:

"Maybe we'll find out it's a bug, but I seriously doubt it," Kean told me. She said she took Bermudez and his fellow investigators at their word. "All I know is that people who know way more about photo analysis than I have ruled that out," Kean said.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join