It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this illegal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I want to make stickers that say GMO poison, aspartame poison ect... and stick them on the shelfs of LARGE corporation grocery stores. If its illegal what law makes it illegal?

If you cannot tell me for sure what I would get arrested for then do not say its illegal.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Its only illegal if you get caught

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
if you own the product then i'd guess its your stuff to mess around with how you want but to deface someone elses property would be classed as some sort of vandalism at least and leave you open for having to pay the owner back the cost of the materials defaced plus costs etc so its why people protest outside of stores rather than going insde of them and causing mayhem

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
They can legally have you thrown out of the store and make you pay for the removal of the stickers, if the stickers can not be removed completely, or if the removal price does exceed the product price, you will have to pay for the products as well. Property damage with intent in my books.

Conclusion: That's a very stupid idea, no matter how good the motives are. Try informative flyers instead and hand them out on a public road close to the store. As long as you do not obstruct access to the store or traffic you're okay.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
yes its illegal, and its also just wrong. Would you like some one coming into your place of business or home and placing stickers all over your stuff? let alone stickers that would damage sales? i don't think so. If you would like to protest or educate people great there are many ways to do so that wont get you into trouble. Just saying use your head if you have to ask if its illegal it most likely is.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
everything is illegal, unless you're a government official.

chances are you won't get caught though, cops are too busy writing traffic tickets making that money.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mikem

Agreed!!

Act natural, only people who look suspect are suspected. I've done my share of graffiti, stencil bombing that gets you chased, but at a grocery store no one expects it.

Your best bet might even be when you slap the stickers on, photo them and use the viral net to broadcast the concept. You wouldn't be the first to do this at a grocery store, it has been done..with cereal boxes if i recall correctly....but its about slapping people in the face with the harsh reality of our toxic diets.

I'd take the cause up on free advertising board. They're in most citys you can post bills, most major cities you'll see movie posters and things of that type pasted up. Street art is a great thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Everyone else already nailed it.

Vandalism. Trespassing (because you are not there to conduct business, you are there to vandalize.) Destruction of Property.

And I'm sure there are any number of other normal activities that become criminal when you are doing them in conjunction with another crime.

Make up little real estate signs and stick them out in the public grass area by the road, or make the stickers and put them on your car and your friend's cars. Just don't deface someone else's property.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well...I did place a few stickers on toilet seat protector dispensers in commercial bathrooms....

What did they say you ask........Obama Campaign Hats...take one and wear it proudly.

That's the only time I've done the sticker thingie, and it wasn't on products people were buying....

ETA: Here a website you can download your own Obama stickers....www.zazzle.com...

Des

edit on 9-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

That's quadruple-rooper illegal! You defaced property, AND criticized the chosen one!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I want to make stickers that say GMO poison, aspartame poison ect... and stick them on the shelfs of LARGE corporation grocery stores. If its illegal what law makes it illegal?

If you cannot tell me for sure what I would get arrested for then do not say its illegal.

I seriously doubt there is anything beyond criminal mischief for actual penal code to cover this. Civil? oooohhh Wow. don't get caught. Don't tell us AFTER you actually DID it and I wouldn't even tell my dog...in private. Monsanto or a big food company whose product was on the shelf you tag could end your economic future and financial life as you've known it. Slander... Defamation..or whatever similar theory they want to throw.

Who cares what the specific civil theory is to sue you over..because you can't physically pay the end result. That's never the point. You'll be utterly destroyed long before that. So...... Sticker everything! From the shadows, I applaud your efforts and guts, if you do this. Just don't get caught.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Destinyone

That's quadruple-rooper illegal! You defaced property, AND criticized the chosen one!

Then why did it make me feel all googly woogly good when I did it.....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It is illegal but your heart is in the right place, which is wanting to change something you think is horrible. You can try looking up Occupy Monsanto on facebook or twitter, there's also Food Democracy and Right to Know if you're looking for groups or just ideas on things you can do on your own. Good luck and good for you for taking a stand.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Defacing private property.

That's illegal. But illigal to the point where you'll only get a fine. Monsanto isn't going to do anything to you unless you cause them to lose ALOT of business. Which I doubt will happen.

Your intent is good, but the method you're thinking about could use some work.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
For a site full of people who know civil disobedience is the face of corruption is a good thing, im suprised anyone would think defacing a box of cookies...or whatever is a bad thing. To be afraid Monsanto is going to come stalking you too?! Im a cautious person but that a bit to paraniod for me. Plus morally its not like its just wanton destruction for the sake of destruction.

Agreed that rule one in doing things like this is always dont get caught...rule 2-10...dont get caught. But really if a company is going to knowingly sell you death 1) dont buy it 2) alert others who might not otherwise be awake to the truth. Might also be a good deal to actually deface the coupon papers being given away or as another said put a flyer in it...this would put you in the "safer" zone. I know a bathroom sticker is safe compared to a grocery store. Take baby steps to the true expression you feel you need.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
ha ! i did that and it was cool

i had stickers that were in the shape of a hot dog bun,and said 'eat fast,die young'! with the word 'grease' as the hot dog! DO IT!!! MAKE PEOPLE THINK!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mikem

i'm with you friend!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
for me its not a matter of Mansoto or any other major food corp coming after you. It is on the other had a problem that you are defacing a private citizens goods in a manner that could lead to a loss of profit also known as his/hers income. you want to take on a major corp be my guest, but you want to start hurting a private citizen then yes it is a problem.

look at it this way. you deface the goods and sales drop, the store can no longer afford to keep people working, so jack and jill everyman lose there jobs. how does that help any one???? just saying in times like these why would you do something that could cost some one else so dearly?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mid0night0lamp1111
For a site full of people who know civil disobedience is the face of corruption is a good thing, im suprised anyone would think defacing a box of cookies...or whatever is a bad thing. To be afraid Monsanto is going to come stalking you too?! Im a cautious person but that a bit to paraniod for me. Plus morally its not like its just wanton destruction for the sake of destruction.

Agreed that rule one in doing things like this is always dont get caught...rule 2-10...dont get caught. But really if a company is going to knowingly sell you death 1) dont buy it 2) alert others who might not otherwise be awake to the truth. Might also be a good deal to actually deface the coupon papers being given away or as another said put a flyer in it...this would put you in the "safer" zone. I know a bathroom sticker is safe compared to a grocery store. Take baby steps to the true expression you feel you need.

I agree, I was surprised by some of the comments some of the posters made. ATS has been going down hill for some time now but then again its a good sign that more close minded people are opening up to crazy wako conspiracy terrorist.

I think its crazy that people even care about the law when it comes to these type of topics. Millions are dieing from this food, it makes people fat dumb and lazy. Every one knows it yet they are not willing to make any sacrifices. Just keep eating the same food witch is causing them more harm then braking small laws. Even if you dont eat the food it still harms us as a whole. Stickers is small compared to what should be happening. What if a large group around the US started to post these stickers? Most people do not even know what GMO is. Awarness is key to stopping this particular problem.

We live in a crazy world, "majority rules". People do not think for them self's any more, most agree with the masses because "it has to be right if most think its right". Lazyness.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
for me its not a matter of Mansoto or any other major food corp coming after you. It is on the other had a problem that you are defacing a private citizens goods in a manner that could lead to a loss of profit also known as his/hers income. you want to take on a major corp be my guest, but you want to start hurting a private citizen then yes it is a problem.

look at it this way. you deface the goods and sales drop, the store can no longer afford to keep people working, so jack and jill everyman lose there jobs. how does that help any one???? just saying in times like these why would you do something that could cost some one else so dearly?

Or the store could just start buying stuff thats no poison witch would be what the population would want if they wear to start losing business....

But I do not think stickers are going to bunkrupts a business. Most people will look at it and say some crazy conspiracy nut is at it again.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join