It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans More Likely to Believe in Bigfoot than Canadians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
A new Poll says that Americans are more likely to believe in Bigfoot than Canadians.

People in the United States are more likely than Canadians to consider that Bigfoot is real, a new Angus Reid Public Opinion poll has found. In the online survey of representative national samples, three-in-ten Americans (29%) and one-in-five Canadians (21%) think Bigfoot is “definitely” or “probably” real.

I found this very interesting. If I had to guess before I saw this I would have thought there would have been no difference.

I was also surprised to find that men were more likely to believe in Bigfoot than women. I guess my surprise comes from my own experience where the women in my life are a little more open to things.

While American and Canadian men are more likely to believe that Bigfoot is real than their female counterparts, women in Britain are more likely to think that the Loch Ness Monster is real than British men.

If you follow the link at the top there is a pdf file that explains their methodology if that matters to you.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I personally find that rather dubious. I for one believe in Canadians, not only have I seen them I have actually met some of them. Canada is also home of the largest French population never to surrender to Germany.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
I personally find that rather dubious. I for one believe in Canadians, not only have I seen them I have actually met some of them. Canada is also home of the largest French population never to surrender to Germany.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think Bigfoot may exist but, I doubt Canadians do. Clearly all the Canadians you see on MSM are CIA or NATO mercenaries.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

HAHAHA I am glad I am not the only smartass that was about to type something like that. As for bigfoot, I am american and canadian, my canadian part believes more than my american part :p

In seriousness, I am on the fence. I do realize that we are discovering new and elusive species everyday. It is possible, maybe we haven't found one because they are elusive and bury their dead? Entirely possible in my book.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Good for you, as they say "great minds think alike".
This is line number two, just for good measure.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
American's will believe just about anything you tell them. Too gullible.

but Canada is ruled by the Queen of England.....just look at the face on their money.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Believe it or not, we Canadians are here. Always have been and always will be.

Where the hell do you think all that good beer is coming from?

Oh, and as far as bigfoot goes, it just makes it easier for us Canadians to walk in the winter.

Peace

edit on 7-3-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
thats because in canada the have samsquatches not bigfoots
i hope you all have seen trailer park boys....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i went on vacation to Canada once and saw a sign where we were camping that said this.

We advise that you wear noisy little bells on your clothing so as not to startle bears. We also advise you to carry pepper spray in case of an encounter with a bear. It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity.

You should recognize the difference between Black Bear and Grizzly Bear droppings. Black bear droppings are smaller and contain lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in it and smell like pepper.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolf2420
thats because in canada the have samsquatches not bigfoots
i hope you all have seen trailer park boys....

Bubbles had it right...

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That is what I get for just cutting and pasting the article's title into the subject box.

Anyway, I am an American and I believe in Canadians. In fact, I have seen them in their natural habitat. I would post the pictures I took but they are blurry!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Dont' be fooled kids, we Canadians are here, we are just suffering from Winter..

It's a yearly thing, keeps us quiet and apathetic towards crap that goes on here. Big Foot feels the same way, I usually rent out my cottage to a family of them every year.

Nice hard working folk.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Makes sense concidering most CANADIANS think Americans are dumb a gullible. I find this artical very fitting for a large number of debates

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

pfft... you just need to workout, my abs are so tight right now, that i surf the snow, it melts where ever i walk bro

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
as a canadian, I would believe its because we are more well versed with the outdoors as we live pretty much placed our cities right in the middle of what would be wild.

I dont believe in bigfoot, but i've seen something in the bush. couple summers ago we went camping, and arrived at the site in the middle of the night, we set up and went to sleep, i'm laying in my tent which has an open view, i'm staring up into the trees and there was a pair of eyes just staring at me. bigfoot?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

You are making yourself look ignorant as hell talking like that....

edit on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 15:07:36 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
...nope... I believe in Canadians more the Bigfoots. I have seen Canadians.

What? Huh? Ohhhhhh, I get it. As an American I am more likely to believe in Bigfoot. Got it.

With Finding Bigfoot burning up Animal Planet, I can see why.

"Wait! Did you hear that?"
"No"
"There it is again!"
"I didn't hear anything."
"That's a Squatch! Rene, Come In."

Can't beat that. I watch it every time

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Canadians tend to be secular. Secularists tend not to consider Bigfoot possible. That is odd given the fact that an actual Bigfoot would be confirmation of the existence of a hominid tree. That is what is so odd about the fact that secularists tend to avoid Bigfoot.

Maybe it is an issue not so much of secularism as of over-intellectualism. Having suffered that in my life, I can see how it can blind someone to possibilities.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I honestly don't believe there's anything to it. I believe it was something someone made up

<<   2 >>

join