It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

occupy "the movie" (where EVERY interview is shown) not a HIT piece

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I noticed that Russell Simmons, the head at Def Jam Records, made a YouTube...which I assume supports Occupy.

I also saw a picture of him wearing a smart Pink sweater vest ensemble in a family portrait with his ex-wife and her new husband, and father of her only son, the African guy who fought with Maximus in the movie Gladiator.

yeah...that's all I needed to see to completely understand the nature of Occupy.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I not saying Russell Simmons is a bad guy...he made a load of money off of his brothers Rap group, RUN DMC...way more than anyone in the group made, probably.

he must be a great guy.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by petrus4

the other posters are just here to derail the thread,
dont feed into the hate,

or as some say dont lower yourself to their level
i tend to ignore the trolls

dont allow them to distract you

xploder

This is good advice; and you're correct of course. I shouldn't bite. I've been up for close to 24 hours now, and I'm a little cranky. I should probably go to bed.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
lol i don't see how any of the interviews can be seen as "good" or "bad", but there should be a TV show called Occupiers say the darndest things.
@:53
"If the media wants to come out and interview everybody theny they are going to find out what they are looking for and get their story. Otherwise, you are going to get a mixed message." - Because the only think that will straighten out a message received by a couple hundred is to add a couple thousand people

@1:42
"something is wrong, you might not know what it is...." -Translation: Im out here and i really don't know why

@2:47
"You are not going to find middle class happy shiny people here, these people are going to be aware of what is going on and im one of those who is aware" - If you were so aware you would have invested in the stock market and made a killing.

@ 3:24
"People want freedom the advantages of what people had before. The ability to go to chili's and have a meal with your family"-Thinks she is no longer free to go to chilis', what a better way to fight the corporations than to protest you not being able to give them money...

@4:30
"Im a teacher..." Talk to your union, you can find them at your local OWS protest. www.uft.org... ask THEM why they set up these union rules that ultimately screw YOU out of a job.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

as stated in the op,
ALL INERVIEWS CONDUCTED WERE INCLUDED,
this is NOT selective,
it is raw opinion and everyone who wanted to speak were allowed to do and ALL that took part in these interviews were presented in the video,

it is up to you to form an opinion based on ALL peoples perceptions,
NOT JUST THE ONES THAT SUPPORT A PRECONCEIVED NOTION OF ows

you should be aware that these people do belive in what they are doing,

you attempt to do the EXACT OPOSITE

by selecting quotes to make fun of you show your "selective opinion bias"

the OPOSITE of bias free presentations.

please re read the op
please?

xploder

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

as stated in the op,
ALL INERVIEWS CONDUCTED WERE INCLUDED,
this is NOT selective,

Take a few deep breaths and calm down... I was just saying that it was funny, nowhere did I say anything even hinting at them not using ALL the interviews.

it is up to you to form an opinion based on ALL peoples perceptions,
NOT JUST THE ONES THAT SUPPORT A PRECONCEIVED NOTION OF ows

Actually what is up to me is whatever i choose it to be. You are the one with precinceived notions, getting all supper offended at someone having a laugh at the stupid things people in OWS say.

you should be aware that these people do belive in what they are doing,

I have no doubt that some people there are not sure why they are angry or that they want the freedom to go to chilli's. Did I ever say that they did not believe in what they are doing?

you attempt to do the EXACT OPOSITE

by selecting quotes to make fun of you show your "selective opinion bias"

the OPOSITE of bias free presentations.

Back up before you start throwing terms around to make yourself sound smarter than you are. Where do you get the idea that I am supposed to be doing a "bias free presentation"? I clearly said in my post that i do not see how any of the interviews could be seen as "good" or "bad". All bias aside, those quotes i posted were funny.

edit on 8-3-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join