It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a person fly a modified RC plane over Area 51 with cameras mounted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I was just wondering if this has ever been attempted or if it could be done, to fly a Highly modified RC plane with a very long range transmitter, and a couple of different cameras on it, one HD, and maybe an Infared cam as well, over a classified area, such as Area 51, or other government installations. Im not asking anyone to try this, because you would probably be jailed, then again they would probably just take over your controls, like Iran did to the US's best RC plane,

But man, wouldnt that be some good footage, and maybe make your own stealthy angled RC plane.
Im just asking if this could be done, not asking to do it!!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

I'm pretty sure that the little plane would get shot out of sky and you'd be getting a little meeting with the men in black, haha.

link   
you prob could. i think range would be a problem. and you would have to stream video to your receiver so you knew where you were flying. A mikrokopter might an option. I love mine. And it goes some distance.

link   

I'm sure those security guys would love a little target practice!

If you have the money to waste on a remote controlled flying bullseye, then go for it. It might constitute espionage, so better have your affairs in order and your pre-paid legal up to date though.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Nice thoughts...

But in reality I believe they would shoot it down once they saw it on radar or visually. I don't believe anyone would admit to it either.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It would have to be small, untraceable (no finger prints, DNA), you would have to have a secure link on an anonymous computer in a public place and an anonymous or fake account to upload the video and share it and do all of it fast enough to not get traced to your viewing or uploading location. Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I think you could be accused of being a terrorist for daring to suggest such a thing.

America sucks.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i doubt that they will allow anything classified above ground until they have done a security sweep so it could be an expensive splat inside the base when they send something to kill it, but then again the chances of anything turning up on a base as well known as area 51 that has a security rating of more than the janitors allowed to give public talks about what they've seen is low

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
And risk a hefty jail sentence for up-close pictures of hangers, runways and dirt...

I think I'll stick with the hazy video people shoot of the side of that hill, outside the danger zone.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
LOL, ya it wouldnt last long, but supposedly it is possibly with an RF booster, like a microwave, and some sort of telemetry for your flying, but very risky, heres someone else asking the same sort of Question

www.instructables.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Everyone is making really good points. The radar target would be small. The size of a bird or smaller. They might not notice. But no matter what its a bad idea. They would pwn whoever did it. lol

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

I never suggested, Im just asking if it could possibly be done, read my whole post, before calling me a terrorist

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

He didn't call you a terrorist, he said they would probably call you a terrorist.... which is true.

It isn't radar you would have to worry about either. If the thing was transmitting information back somewhere, then they would easily hone in on the signal, and if you were close enough for a small device to transmit to, then you would be close enough for them to nab you up at the same time.

I'm thinking, like others, it is a whole lot of risk for some pictures of dirt, hangars, and runways.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Whatever terrorist.. jk jk jk

yeah i dont know enough about radars and what not, but i think if anonops can keep hidden i think we could do it!
just dont think anything juicy would ever be sitting out in the open. I mean we have satellites that can take super high res images now. surely there is other countries with spy satellites that can easily see something like that? idk im just rambling now

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Im sure they have something that would jam the signal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, Now I will toss this into the DO NOT USE part of my brain
joking, I never inteded to even begin to try this, Of course id be caught in a flash

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Okay and body got one of them fly insect bio weapsons?
Well lets see how about a trained pigeon with a camera that could take pictures....It's all I got.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't think the fun would last long. I would imagine they have the airspace surrounding an area like that on lock as well as over it. I'm sure they would have it tracked pretty much as soon as it go to a couple of hundred feet in the air.

as for what they would do with it once it entered the restricted zone... once again speculation but id guess they would be able to track where the signal was coming from, as well as take over the controls (as a previous comment said), failing that it would be destroyed, either by shooting or more likely just shut down the controls and make it crash. I know some NATO fighter jets have devices that can jam/disable something using a radio wave transmitter/receiver. So im assuming a facility such as area 51 has equal or better tech than that.

I also think this would all happen before you got close enough to see anything.

Besides, I bet all the cool stuff you really wanna see is underground anyway.

just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You could just stream the signal live to the internet. let everyone see it live before they destroy it and blackout the footage. who knows though you might get some footage of a new top-secret anti-aircraft weapon right before it's blown out of the sky. nobody would call you a terrorist either, you would simply disappear.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It might end up like this, but propably going to use different kind off ammunition.

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 5-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join