It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric mega-fleas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

Well the post title is a little misleading, based on the 9 fossils found, these insects were roughly 4 times bigger than modern fleas (20mm or almost an inch long). Regardless, a swarm of them would have been a very unpleasant experience! It always amazes me when insect fossils are found...heavily boned animals are interesting but insects fosilized...just WOW!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverkiss
Nice Thread !!! Gave ya a star. I agree with you about amazing insect fossils that have been found. Dinosaurs are one thing. But giant bugs....thats scarey. Ive also seen plant fossils that in my opinion are equally impressive. Everything was giant sized in those days. Interesting when you think about all the news now a days to bring mammoths etc back to life.
TXML

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

In a totally unscientific commentary...that just makes my butt go--->

edit on 2-3-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm glad those are not around anymore...Just a few bites and they'd suck a small dog dry of blood!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Doesn't look much like a flea per se …looks more like lice...but super sized

2nd
edit on 3/2/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Well the good news is that these things didn´t have the jumping ability like fleas of today.Dogs and cats can breath a sigh of relief knowing that these fleas are not around anymore.

join