It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peyton Manning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Okay NFL Fans.

A simple question.

We all know the Colts are going to take Luck, and with the money owed Manning, it would seriously impact their cap...it's almost a forgone conclusion that he's going to be released.

You are the GM of your team, one of the many teams who need a solution at the QB spot. Do you want him?

Keep in mind, he's underwent FOUR neck surgeries. Oh, and because of the new CBA, only the Indy team doctors can see him throw prior to being released.

There are few game ready QB's in this draft...

And hardly any good ones in free agency.

Do you pay him the money for a chance?

Who do you think is the best fit?

Full disclosure...I'm a Dolphins fan. We've not had a quality QB since Marino retired...Last time we've drafted a first round QB was Marino. He retired 13 years ago. Hopefully our curse will end.

And for the record, I dont want Manning. I want to trade up for RG3

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ideally...as a Jets fan

1. Acquire Peyton
2. Sanchez takes a paycut. learns under the best
3. ???
4. Profit!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You take Manning now with the hopes of maintaining his presence with the team as a coach. He might even be good enough for a couple years to get Miami what it deserves. If that doesn't pan out, you have a built in mentor/coach that knows and has studied the game more than anyone else I've ever known.

I hate to lose Manning and Irsay is a total douche-canoe for effing things up but what can I do at this point? I hope it works out in Miami, as I've been a fan of the Dophins as long as I've been a Colt fan...and I'm born and raised in Indianapolis.

Just my 2c.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The Minnesota Vikings could take him. I don't think Ponder is amazing and they seem to like taking QBs near retirement. Just to name a few;

Warren Moon
Randall Cunningham
Jeff George
Brad Johnson(2nd time around)
Gus Frerotte
Brett Favre
Donovan McNabb

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

That'd be nice, but if we could'nt even get Pennington to coach for us, I doubt Peyton would.

And a few years of (possible) greatness, over a long term powerhouse?

I'm all in to trade the farm to St. Louis to get RG3.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xNightwing
Ideally...as a Jets fan

1. Acquire Peyton
3. Peyton gets injured, then you have Sanchez again, under Tony Sprano as OC no less.
4. the rest of the AFCE Profits!

Fixed it for you.

BTW Jets suck. And so does Fireman Ed.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston

Originally posted by xNightwing
Ideally...as a Jets fan

1. Acquire Peyton
3. Peyton gets injured, then you have Sanchez again, under Tony Sprano as OC no less.
4. the rest of the AFCE Profits!

Fixed it for you.

BTW Jets suck. And so does Fireman Ed.

From a dolphins fan theorizing what they would have to give up to get an unproven(at pro level) rg3

Jets bad season in recent history= 8-8
Dolphins bad season in recent history= 1-15

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus
The Minnesota Vikings could take him. I don't think Ponder is amazing and they seem to like taking QBs near retirement. Just to name a few;

Warren Moon
Randall Cunningham
Jeff George
Brad Johnson(2nd time around)
Gus Frerotte
Brett Favre
Donovan McNabb

NO!

Manning to one of the following:
Cardinals
Skins
Phins

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xNightwing

Touché
The thing is though, we’ve know that we were bad, whereas Rex Ryan guarantees the SB every year.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
reply to post by xNightwing

Touché
The thing is though, we’ve know that we were bad, whereas Rex Ryan guarantees the SB every year.

hes changed his ways!

no more predictions!(until they go on a 3 game streak)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I doubt the Skins...Do you think he'd want to play his lil bro twice a year?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

The Minnesota Vikings could take him. I don't think Ponder is amazing and they seem to like taking QBs near retirement.

imho Peyton Manning is a diva, he is a hot house flower, not suitable for Minnesota. Not tough enough

edited to add, I vote Cardinals
edit on 27-2-2012 by Iamschist because: see above

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Its hard to see number 18 in any uniform other than the Colts, but I suppose thems the breaks when you are an aging QB that has undergone that many surgeries.

Ideally I think the Colts should hold onto Manning for this season, to help bring Luck into the NFL, I can not think of a better teacher for a young QB than Peyton.

If he is going to be released, there will be a huge market for him and he def can afford to be choosy in his decision.
Peyton obviously wants another ring before he retires, nt that he isnt a no doubt about it 1st ballot HOFer, but if he goes down as the greatest ever, its a hard bargain to make that argument with only 1 ring.

Which playoff ready teams are just a quality QB away from a Super Bowl, we will know that after the draft.

As far as MAnning going on to become a coach? Not gonna happen.
How many of the greatest players that ever graced the field ever go onto coaching?

Becoming a coach is to much of a paycut and way too much respnsibility for former great players.
That is why the Colts need to keep him in uniform to 'coach' Luck for as long as they can keep both.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Niners should go after Manning. With their running game and Defense, they would have a good shot at making it to and winning the Superbowl. Sign T.O as well to a one year contract and let him retire back as a Niner. = Superbowl Victory. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

They are resigning alex smith.. So thats not hapening..

Hes either going to the cardinals or dolphins..

I think dolphins...

But part of me has a gut feeling he'll end up resigning as a colt. Despite all logical signs pointing elsewhere... Which would probably disappoint me for the rest of the off season ( im a dolphins fan)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
PEYTON MANNING RELEASED BY THE COLTS

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Maybe you guys should sign T.O to a 1 year deal then. Manning, Marshall & T.O? = Superbowl. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sure gonna miss him in Indy. A great guy as well as quarterback.

Here's to hoping for a lil LUCK.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Forget T.O. His ego with Marshal would be a nightmare.

Randy moss on the other hand, I read he tore it up for the Saints yesterday.

But really, our receiving corps is fine as it is imo.

And BTW...Gotta love photoshop.

Which looks better?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

He does look good as a Dolphin. I think Reggie Bush would capitalize out of the backfield having Manning. Much like Rhodes before, but a better athlete. Moss is more of a headache than T.O in my opinion. Plus, he can't block for crap. T.O can go both across and deep. Just saying. I hear you about Marshall though.

Anyway, I think he will go to The Texans so he can stick it to Irsay. Otherwise, Your Dolphins most likely. ~SheopleNation

top topics

<<   2 >>

join