It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most will end up in Hell.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
23 Minutes in Hell. Watch this and know your fate if you reject Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Yet the older religions (Islam, Judaism, Paganism, etc) that never believed and still don't believe that Christ is the "Lord and Saviour" will also go to Hell too then, a place in which no religion other than the adolescent Christianity believes exists?

That'd be like telling a Ethiopian child who has never heard of Disneyland that that is where he'll be going if he helps his remote tribal village feed and water its denizens. How can he acknowledge an excitement or fear of Disneyland if he never knew or accepted its existence?

Y'know?

While I get your point, I should make it known that Islam is not older than Christianity. There is also significant evidence in the new testament in the form of predictions fulfilled that shows that Jesus is indeed the Christ prophesied of in the old testament.

It is also worthy of note to add that Hell is a concept shared by the three faiths. There are obvious disagreements as to why you would end up there, but they all talk of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You can not put a limit on the love and mercy of the Lord.

Perhaps you are spot on, but only God could/should make the statement you chose as subject for this post.

You know God did not destroy Nineveh after they repented. Prayer does influence God.

All believers should pray, fast and make sacrifice for those that don't know the Lord yet.

This world is hard and cold and how could we think God doesn't see us struggle and have not compassion?

As Jesus was dying He said: "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." to those who tortured and crucified him. His immeasurable love and forgiveness is going to bring alot of people to heaven.

Many people here are so sick of this world, they can't wait for it to end. Pray they bump into the Lord and ask Him into their heart before they leave.

If I have offended anyone here (that's no stretch) know that I am truly sorry. I have forgiven all who have stepped on my toes/pride and forgotten about it. Please don't go to the trouble of reminding me.

God's peace to all.
edit on 3/6/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

As Jesus was dying He said: "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." to those who tortured and crucified him.

As (the person I believe existed) was dying, he (allegedly said in a dead language which was not the english we know today and most assuredly not old english), "Father forgive them, they know not what they do", to those (who it is alleged tortured and crucified him).

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

As Jesus was dying He said: "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." to those who tortured and crucified him.

As (the person I believe existed) was dying, he (allegedly said in a dead language which was not the english we know today and most assuredly not old english), "Father forgive them, they know not what they do", to those (who it is alleged tortured and crucified him).

When I was a little girl these were the words I remember hearing and this is the way I have remembered it all my life. I am not sorry I used old english. I am not changing one word I said. I have every tight to say "Jesus" and to believe he was crucified.

You think I need to word things your way? Are you my ex-husband?????

I said what I mean and I meant what I said.
I'm swinging out into eternity on my faith.

God Bless

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

When I was a little girl these were the words I remember hearing and this is the way I have remembered it all my life. I am not sorry I used old english. I am not changing one word I said. I have every tight to say "Jesus" and to believe he was crucified.

You think I need to word things your way? Are you my ex-husband?????

I said what I mean and I meant what I said.
I'm swinging out into eternity on my faith.

God Bless

You may use whatever wording you like. Your words in this post reminded me of something my old boss said to me once, during the lead up to an election. She told me that she was going to vote for labor and when I asked her why she said because she always had. Not because she had thought about it, just because she always had. I think it's dangerous not to think about why you do a thing a certain way lest it lead to no thought at all.

Regarding religion, I consider it important to clarify what is fact and what is not and also to challenge beliefs, especially since they can have influence on politicians and authority figures.

All my post did was relate the same thing you did, but objectively. I absolutely didn't tell you I thought you shouldn't believe what you said, I simply used your post to point out belief from proven fact.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Beliefs and facts are apples and oranges. Faith based on facts is no faith at all. With faith you consider and you think "yes" I can believe this or "no", I don't buy it.

So if you ever heard the term "leap of faith" you know it is a big decision. I believe in God...(Apostles Creed) because I've looked around and chose to believe this over everything else I've seen, read, and been exposed to.

Thank you for your reply. I didn't mean to get so huffy. I was married to a control freak and had to word things the way he deemed acceptable.

I wish you the best. Thank you for your reply.

God bless.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

So the question uppermost in my mind PharohGnosis is "Why did you create this thread?" What is the purpose of shoving a bunch of bible quotes in a thread and then telling us that unless we all do exactly as you do, we will be tortured for all eternity by your deity.

I don't really want to hear anything about your god, nor do I want to read any bible quotes, but i would love to find out more about why you feel you need to do this, or what you feel in general. For example, why do you think god is this way? Because that is what you were taught as a child? Or is there some experience in your life that brought you to this set of beliefs?

peace

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic

So the question uppermost in my mind PharohGnosis is "Why did you create this thread?" What is the purpose of shoving a bunch of bible quotes in a thread and then telling us that unless we all do exactly as you do, we will be tortured for all eternity by your deity.

I don't really want to hear anything about your god, nor do I want to read any bible quotes, but i would love to find out more about why you feel you need to do this, or what you feel in general. For example, why do you think god is this way? Because that is what you were taught as a child? Or is there some experience in your life that brought you to this set of beliefs?

peace

It's a Christian's duty to spread the Gospel.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

peace

I too would like to hear a good explanation, from the heart, of just exactly why Christians do this sort of thing, even in violent opposition? I have asked this question also, metamagic, and usually get the standard Christian Programmed Response:

No explanation, not of anything here. Just a "it's my duty," kind of thing. The truth of the matter is, people all over the world are waking up to the false doctrine perpetrated by the Holy Roman Church and all of it's many Christian offshoots, or sects. Almost each and every thread in here that is started with a Christian Fear Factor in place quickly becomes a History Lesson, again, and again. So, they skip over the lessons, again and again, and again go about attempting to scare everyone into joining their Cult.

Is Christianity a Cult?

Link One

Link Two

The Romanization of Christianity and the Christianization of Rome: the Early Christian Basilica

Religiously motivated hatred, animosity and intolerance

Debunking Christian Circular Arguments and Assumptions

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So the question uppermost in my mind PharohGnosis is "Why did you create this thread?"

So this is the gospel "Most of you will end up in hell?" Sounds more like a judgement to me. So I come back to the why did YOU create this thread? An objective observer might suspect that it is more like a taunt from one who believes himself to be among the elite chosen ones of god to the masses he sees as beneath him. So explain to me why this is not an accurate inference, to what end do you spread this gospel/condemnation? Just because there is a rule that says you must? One that if you disobey, you will loose your special status? I am very curious to hear your point of view.

Peace to you.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Christ spoke more about Hell than anyone else in the Bible. That's how important of a topic it is! He didn't sugar coat it like Liberal Christians do now a days. He didn't water it down as not to offend. He gave stern warnings about how terrible a place it is and how people will go there if they reject God.

Ignore it all you want but eventually you'll awake in eternal pain and separation from God, then it will be too late to repent of your mistake. You'll be eternally lost, no hope.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Blah blah blah...go tell it to your christian mates because hardly anyone here cares.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

I hear your evil verse below
All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. -John3:20

I raise you true evil and the source

Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
(What entity did he repent to-himself? He almost made a boo boo and caught himself...not perfection at all)
Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit
(God wielding demons. I thought that was the devil's job?)
1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
(God doing the devil's work again, sending demons to harass humans)
2 Samuel 12:11
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house

1 Kings 9:9
...therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.

1 Kings 14:10
Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam

2 Kings 22:16
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place

Jeremiah 6:19
Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people

Jeremiah 45:5
...behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 49:37
...I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the LORD; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:

Micah 1:12
.... evil came down from the LORD

Micah 2:3
Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil

There are literally dozens more where God describes himself as evil and brags about the evil he commits. Perhaps he is afraid of the light and of his sins being exposed. He could easily come down and clear up the confusion regarding the bible and the many denominations that disagree over beliefs but, his sins and evil towards humanity might be exposed. Read the verses, the devil is a two bit candy store thief of wielding evil compared to the atrocities from God.
edit on 23/3/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
And this threat defeats free will.

Hell is a punishment for evil people.

The implying threat is if you don't believe in God you deserve to go to hell.

It doesn't matter if you're a doctor saving lives, a cop putting bad guys in jail, or a child molester.

If you don't believe you'll go to hell and be tortured for all eternity.

Note, you will not go to hell if you're a child molester and believe in God.

Which is one of the biggest things that turns people off of religion.

Many people do not deserve to go to hell just because they don't believe. These people should be given a third option.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
And this threat defeats free will.

Hell is a punishment for evil people.

The implying threat is if you don't believe in God you deserve to go to hell.

It doesn't matter if you're a doctor saving lives, a cop putting bad guys in jail, or a child molester.

If you don't believe you'll go to hell and be tortured for all eternity.

Note, you will not go to hell if you're a child molester and believe in God.

Which is one of the biggest things that turns people off of religion.

Many people do not deserve to go to hell just because they don't believe. These people should be given a third option.

where is the logic in this? it is implying "evil" people... people who commit evil acts.

the that loves the Lord hates evil, simple as that.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Are you sure? I thought you just went to hell for not believing in god. Pretty ball bags if you ask me.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join